1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Another pretty sad week, especially Friday's episode...

I am finding a few of the characters really irritating at the moment, Michelle the typical "floosie" with not much between the ears, Imogen the jealous sister from hell and whining selfish Greg.

All that said makes for great viewing though... ☺

Anyone spot Tim Campbell aka Dan Baker in Thursday's ep?

Noticed he was credited as 'Tim Cambell' though...

I didn't! Who did he play?? Good spotting!

The funeral was so sad...I cried my eyes out seeing that tiny coffin.

Roxy's sister sure has it in for her. She fell for Luke, the first guy she sets eyes on. Luke isn't the only guy in town. There's Nick.

Grrr at Greg. Being such a tool lately.

Yep, it's a pre-Dan Baker Tim "Cambell".

They tried pushing Nick onto Imgoen, but she weren't havin' none of it!

Back to the PG.

At the start of every ep with the recap, it is noticable, right next to the closed caption ident.

Understandable as that Hood gave Angel a fair whack (I think they may have blurred or sped it up or cut a bit) and some language (the kind we didn't really hear again until the mid-2000s)

As far as I'm aware it was classified as G back then, but by today's overly PC standards perhaps they think it deserves the PG rating for words like 'slag' and 'bitch'. They wouldn't even use those sort of words in 2014. Didn't Angel flip two fingers up at the truck driver this week too?

As far as I'm aware it was classified as G back then, but by today's overly PC standards perhaps they think it deserves the PG rating for words like 'slag' and 'bitch'. They wouldn't even use those sort of words in 2014. Didn't Angel flip two fingers up at the truck driver this week too?

Yes she did although it was hard to make out what fingers she was holding up. The only other time I can remember this happening was Matt doing it to Fisher as he drives by in one of the earliest episodes.

Ah, now I understand what Hulk is talking about. I was confused because I remember when the show became PG for the first time, I think it was during the Stalker storyline in 2005, and I was sure it had never been before that. It's ironic because I think we are nearing the end of the era words like slag and bitch are ever used on the show.

I don't think the language has changed that much. Just this week in the current show, VJ's bully called Leah a 'slag' - but it warranted a PG rating this time.

Perhaps but "bitch" hasn't been used for a long time. I remember when Beth slapped Amanda (who had just murdered Beth's father and stolen all his money) and then called her a "witch". It was so out of place and unrealistic.

In a scene in 1995 Stevo begins to call Dodge a callous bastard, but gets cut off after "bas-". Nowadays he'd probably say "Why you nasty man" :innocent: From PG to PC....

Archived