1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

You know something?I don't think we got that scene of the guy whacking Angel in the face in the UK.I think we just got that first scene of them chasing after her, then we didn't see her again until Ailsa finds her on the beach next morning.Possibly one of the earliest examples of the ITV censors getting their hands on an episode if it's not just my faulty memory.Anyway, Angel's finally moved into Don's place.This is a side of Don that we haven't really seen since Viv was around so it'll be interesting to see.

Some more lovely stuff with the aftermath of Dale's death.Michael and Pippa have kind of come together in terms of their reaction and I like how it's obviously something that's affected them both, that bit by the crib was very emotional.Fin trying to hold things together, Damian trying to carry on as normal, and some typically great Pippa/Sally stuff, they always seem to open up with each other more than they do with other people.I was okay with the funeral up to the point when Michael and Alf started lowering the coffin, which was a real emotional sucker punch.

I'm actually finding myself having a bit of sympathy for Greg here.Obviously the timing's not great and it might seem a bit callous to leave the boat shed when Michael's just lost a son, but thinking about his own job security and considering taking another job doesn't seem that unreasonable to me.

I'm enjoying the bond devloping between Angel and Don and she's clever. Very clever. She already made her mind about going to school but told Don she wouldn't go back unless he was teaching Latin. She has t be my favourite character at the moment.

Poor Damian-was hoping he would make that penalty shot.

And Pippa is a bit over the top-she annoyed me big time.

Archived