1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

^ Other than date Carly, serve shakes in the diner, clown around with Adam, nothing really!

There was that mini-storyline where Fisher discovered or revealed (I can't remember which) that he had killed Matt's brother years previously. But then it turned out he didn't after all. It gave Matt something to do for about 3 episodes!

There an awful lot of two characters moving a couple of paces to talk about another person. Where the person is meant not to be able to hear but they really would be able to. And then the other extreme where a person can hear a private conversation from miles away with music blaring. I'm really enjoying these episodes and can see it's a strong point in the Home and Away history. However there's an awful lot of bad habbts and sloppyness in direction and the minute. More than I've noticed before. One minute there is such an impressive scene, then the next is poor. And that bruiser guy is awful, then there was Michelle!

We're definitely in the early days of Shane and Angel's long road to coupledom here, with them taking it in turns to think that maybe they like the other one only for them to do something to put their back up again.There's more than a few significant looks going around.Okay, he humiliated her on the second day of school, I remembered that a bit wrong.Interestingly, Angel's relationship with Damian feels very similar to that between him and Shane when the latter first appeared, just with less joyriding: Angel's got a massive chip on her shoulder but Damian seems to be a good influence on her.

I remember cringing the first time round when Michael suggested he and Pippa have another baby, it was well-intentioned but just about the worst thing he could have said.I remember him finally losing his temper with her as well.Not sure if it's sorted everything out or not but Pippa does seem to be a bit more reasonable since Ailsa's little bit of reverse psychology.Adam's awkward attempt to express his condolences was very well done by both of them.

You know, given that, in my opinion, the show character assassinated Frank and torpedoed his marriage to Roo in order to convince us Greg was Bobby's one true love, it's a bit ironic than their marriage feels like it wouldn't last

even without knowing what's coming up in 70 episodes or so.

Greg keeps trying to be the head of the family but no-one listens to him, and Bobby doesn't have a clue how to handle it: Her trying to get Don to invent a job for him was quite painful because you just knew Greg would see it as patronising.Given how much hard work their marriage is, it's perhaps not a surprise that Greg enjoyed Fiona's company, she's the first person to have appreciated him in a while.Olivia Pigeot there, later to be okay as Tamsyn Armstrong's mother and hopelessly miscast although she did her best as the Barretts' mother.

I'm surprised that Roxy accepted Luke fixing the car behind her back so readily, I was expecting her to dump it on him with an attitude of "Well, I don't want it now, you can have it."At least it gave Nick something to do other than say "How are you doing, Shane?" And the arrival of Bill, which I didn't realise happened so soon.Maybe Fin will start to seem a bit more relevant now.

Due to her grief and stress it has made Pippa quite a bit irrational and unfair at times. I really squirmed and felt sorry for Adam when she seemed to know exactly what he was referring to and wanted to see him become uncomfortable when he tried to give his condolences about Dale's death. I thought that was pretty annoying. Glad Ailsa was able to point out how irrational and selfish she is being, without being judgmental. I thought that was a good scene.

Continue to enjoy watching the teen gang forming and Fisher's involvement in getting Angel to go back to school.

I agree that Greg and Bobby just don't seem like a good match in the long-run. They seem to irritate each other more than the opposite these days and misunderstand each other quite often.

I wasn't sure what to make of Fin's reaction when she was introduced to Luke's brother. She seemed disappointed that he wasn't what she was expecting or hoping for but concerned at the same time. :mellow:

There an awful lot of two characters moving a couple of paces to talk about another person. Where the person is meant not to be able to hear but they really would be able to. And then the other extreme where a person can hear a private conversation from miles away with music blaring. I'm really enjoying these episodes and can see it's a strong point in the Home and Away history. However there's an awful lot of bad habbts and sloppyness in direction and the minute. More than I've noticed before. One minute there is such an impressive scene, then the next is poor. And that bruiser guy is awful, then there was Michelle!

Maybe they had wicked BO or didn't brush/floss that day and the director advised them not to stand so close. ^_^^_^^_^^_^

I'm surprised that Roxy accepted Luke fixing the car behind her back so readily, I was expecting her to dump it on him with an attitude of "Well, I don't want it now, you can have it."At least it gave Nick something to do other than say "How are you doing, Shane?" And the arrival of Bill, which I didn't realise happened so soon.Maybe Fin will start to seem a bit more relevant now.

I still see it as more Luke's storyline and Fin being the device. (i.e.

The object of Bill's desire

)

You have to feel sorry for Bobby. She can't do anything right with Greg these days. Greg is way too over sensitive. And I really don't buy that they are always struggling with money even with two incomes. Bobby owns half a diner for pete's sake and the diner is just about the only cafe in town. Bobby should be raking it in. Plus they have boarders who supposedly pay the rent.

Due to her grief and stress it has made Pippa quite a bit irrational and unfair at times. I really squirmed and felt sorry for Adam when she seemed to know exactly what he was referring to and wanted to see him become uncomfortable when he tried to give his condolences about Dale's death. I thought that was pretty annoying. Glad Ailsa was able to point out how irrational and selfish she is being, without being judgmental. I thought that was a good scene.

Continue to enjoy watching the teen gang forming and Fisher's involvement in getting Angel to go back to school.

I agree that Greg and Bobby just don't seem like a good match in the long-run. They seem to irritate each other more than the opposite these days and misunderstand each other quite often.

I wasn't sure what to make of Fin's reaction when she was introduced to Luke's brother. She seemed disappointed that he wasn't what she was expecting or hoping for but concerned at the same time. :mellow:

I really felt for Adam in the scene with Pippa. It seemed very poignant to me, the way he was dismissed despite his good intentions was just so typical of his entire time in the show.

Adam is a good guy, the show just seems to hate him and it's only going to get worse...

I think his impending involvement with Bobby's death was a very bad call by the producers. Completely unnecessary.

I have no time for Greg whatsoever but his scenes with Fiona actually interested me.

Archived