Do you think anyone will make a comeback this year?

Guest Jacklost

You can look at it both ways. I won't get into it.

I certainly wouldn't want to know a man who justifies crimes by using the "doing whatever it takes" excuse.

Anyway, this year I'm hoping to see Norman Coburn reprise his role as Donald Fisher. Easily one of the most iconic H&A characters. You won't find many who don't know him. But, I fear that he's a character of the past that TPTB are not interested in. These days it's all about glamour and action.

Still, I remain positive. :)

I somehow think that maybe the actor himself thinks he's done everything. It's only a thought though.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can look at it both ways. I won't get into it.

I certainly wouldn't want to know a man who justifies crimes by using the "doing whatever it takes" excuse.

Anyway, this year I'm hoping to see Norman Coburn reprise his role as Donald Fisher. Easily one of the most iconic H&A characters. You won't find many who don't know him. But, I fear that he's a character of the past that TPTB are not interested in. These days it's all about glamour and action.

Still, I remain positive. :)

I somehow think that maybe the actor himself thinks he's done everything. It's only a thought though.

We have to bear in mind also that Norman is 77 so he may have retired from acting and he only occasionally does theatre work when the opportunity arises. From what I've last heard, he was living in Tasmania somewhere and he's practically retired.

If Norman was to return for a one-off guest appearance such as a Birthday Party like Alf's, Irene's or Marilyn's or school reunion he may be able to return even for a short stint.

Maybe Don could return for Alf's 70th in July 2015. Just one episode would suffice.

I'd love for Don to come back, but I wouldn't be happy with one episode. If they're going to try and get him back they should entice him with some decent material. You can't write a decent storyline in one episode and there isn't any point in him just rocking up in a few scenes. Otherwise it would just be like Morag's last appearance... pointless.

Archived