Do you think anyone will make a comeback this year?

Guest Jacklost

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they could do something to tie-in with the 100th Anniversary of World War I starting and the older characters could think of their Father's or Grandparents going off to war and the stories they were told as youngsters. They can have a special commemoration service and bring people back to celebrate what their men did during the war. Just an idea but it sets the tone for loads of past characters to come back.

There is someone else who could come back who guested for a few episodes; Paula Duncan as Bridget Jackson (Mother of Emma played by Dannii Minogue) she could suddenly repent for the way she treated Ailsa and come back to apologise to Alf and they could get close and maybe be a new love interest for Alf.

I am always one for Cornelia coming back but I agree give her a purpose. And for the special episode they could do a special opening credit showing the characters as they were and as they are now with the traditional sentimental music or Bobby's theme.

My thoughts exactly.

There's plenty still to explore with Don and Marilyn. However, I'm worried that the current producers and writers just aren't aware of the history of the show and the past those two characters have had.

I didn´t watch the show in the 90s, Was Don Byron´s father?

I think Sam Barlow (no relation to Ken Barlow lol) could still be in prison.

Barbara Stewart could make another guest return. I know Owen Wingott died in 2002 aged 81 but after Walter Bertram left in Oct 1988 it would have been good to see him again. When he played the dishevelled Walter suffering from a tumour, greyish dark hair a mess and a beard he looked a lot younger than 67, the actors age at the time.

I think if they are to bring back an old charcter it would have to be someone with good enough connections to the current characters like Morag, Don, Barbara, Damo or Finlay. Oh the memories of the Damo, Tug and Finlay era of 1994, I remember those days like yesterday.

My thoughts exactly.

There's plenty still to explore with Don and Marilyn. However, I'm worried that the current producers and writers just aren't aware of the history of the show and the past those two characters have had.

Yep he was.

My thoughts exactly.

Yep he was.

How old was he in the show when he got the kid? I know males still can get children in their early 50s

How old was he in the show when he got the kid? I know males still can get children in their early 50s.

Don was born in 1945 and Byron was born in 1998 so Don would have been 53 years of age.

Maybe they could do something to tie-in with the 100th Anniversary of World War I starting and the older characters could think of their Father's or Grandparents going off to war and the stories they were told as youngsters. They can have a special commemoration service and bring people back to celebrate what their men did during the war. Just an idea but it sets the tone for loads of past characters to come back.

There is someone else who could come back who guested for a few episodes; Paula Duncan as Bridget Jackson (Mother of Emma played by Dannii Minogue) she could suddenly repent for the way she treated Ailsa and come back to apologise to Alf and they could get close and maybe be a new love interest for Alf.

I am always one for Cornelia coming back but I agree give her a purpose. And for the special episode they could do a special opening credit showing the characters as they were and as they are now with the traditional sentimental music or Bobby's theme.

Not a bad idea from you about the 100th Anniversary of World War I as a way to bring back characters.

However I've always thought that having a Summer Bay High school reunion would be great in bringing back old characters such as past teachers and students. Maybe it could be the school's 100th anniversary or something along those lines.

Also since Mangrove River High has merged with Summer Bay High it can be used as a way to incorporate characters from Mangrove River to be involved in the reunion as well.

Don will be 69 this month, I am another one who is on the ball with character birthdays. Alf will be 69 in July. Both born the same year. 1945. Don is 5 months older.

I think Coleen was born in 1943 as she was said to be 16 in 1959.

Don is 23 years older than Maz. I saw the episode featuring a flashback to a young Donald Fisher in about 1970 chatting to young Morag.

When Don dressed as a punk in 1989 he looked abut 35. The clothing took years off him.

I also like the idea of a returnee coming back for the 100th anniversary of WW1. Alf's grandfather lived in Summer Bay, even though him or his dad before him was Scottish. Alf's grandad was Angus Stewart, very Scottish sounding name. And they have kept the tradition of Scottish names such as Morag as Alf's sister and Alf's son Duncan, who is probably 4th generation Aussie now.

I'd love to know Don's dads name. Dont know if that was ever stated. If Du Pre was his mums maiden name (may have been her actress stage name) the that suggests Dutch roots. Don may have Scottish roots as Donald is a Scot name and Fisher is common there.

Don will be 69 this month, I am another one who is on the ball with character birthdays. Alf will be 69 in July. Both born the same year. 1945. Don is 5 months older.

I think Coleen was born in 1943 as she was said to be 16 in 1959.

Don is 23 years older than Maz. I saw the episode featuring a flashback to a young Donald Fisher in about 1970 chatting to young Morag.

When Don dressed as a punk in 1989 he looked abut 35. The clothing took years off him.

I also like the idea of a returnee coming back for the 100th anniversary of WW1. Alf's grandfather lived in Summer Bay, even though him or his dad before him was Scottish. Alf's grandad was Angus Stewart, very Scottish sounding name. And they have kept the tradition of Scottish names such as Morag as Alf's sister and Alf's son Duncan, who is probably 4th generation Aussie now.

I'd love to know Don's dads name. Dont know if that was ever stated. If Du Pre was his mums maiden name (may have been her actress stage name) the that suggests Dutch roots. Don may have Scottish roots as Donald is a Scot name and Fisher is common there.

I wish there was an official thread with the age of every characters that has ever been on the show. I have no idea how old the people there are besides Leah and Alf

Archived