Do you think anyone will make a comeback this year?

Guest Jacklost

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a easy way for him to come back with a story like this. He is old now and when he comes back he soon reveals he has cancer (deadly cancer) and he stays for the show for a month or 2 until he sleeps in and dies. Where Alf and Irene and the rest stays with his side as he takes his last breath. That´s the most logical return for him

It's shocking that Irene's family have not been seen or spoken of for many years.

Surely Lynne must ask TPTB now and again if they'll write some decent story lines for Irene (and others) now and again?

Irene´s daughter was mentioned in 2007 when she tried to give Doom at job at her restaurant and he had on purpose done a bad job

I know a easy way for him to come back with a story like this. He is old now and when he comes back he soon reveals he has cancer (deadly cancer) and he stays for the show for a month or 2 until he sleeps in and dies. Where Alf and Irene and the rest stays with his side as he takes his last breath. That´s the most logical return for him

Would be a poignant storyline but what would other long term viewers reaction be to Donald Fisher being killed off? Would it be necessary to kill Don off?

I don't know, I think Don coming back for one episode could work so long as they actually do something with him instead of just having him stand around in the background.Much like Blake and Sophie in 2005 where they were only there for two episodes but they had a decent story arc which sorted out some of the unsatisfactory things from their 2003 stint(and Duncan too to a certain extent).I think you could have Don turn up for a party and have Alf and Marilyn go "Hi, Don, how are you doing?" and take a couple of minutes establishing that he's got back on his feet and is a lot happier now than he was when we last saw him, that he's moved closer to his grandchildren and sees a lot of them and has maybe had a small professional success(I remember in one of my early fan fictions establishing that he'd got a job writing a weekly column for a newspaper or something), and it would be a decent rehabilitation for the character and a nice pleasing touch for his fans.

What if Sam Barlow returned? Remember him, the family abuser? He could come back as a quivering old man, on the run from Sandra who has taken revenge.

I did a search on him and it appears that he played another character later on the show to, he also directed a few episodes last year for both Home and Away and Neightbours

Would be a poignant storyline but what would other long term viewers reaction be to Donald Fisher being killed off? Would it be necessary to kill Don off?

I take back what i said, that would be a horrible idea

I wouldn't want Don to be killed off. I'd prefer that he comes back for a decent storyline spread over a few months and then leave with a happy ending. It would be nice to see him in one episode, but I don't think there would be nearly enough screen time.

I think Don still loves Marilyn so I'd like to see that explored in some way. I'd also like to know how Marilyn feels towards Don. I know that she told him in the past that she couldn't love him because it 'hurt' due to Byron etc. but does she still feel that way?

I don't want to bang on about the current producers, but I don't really trust them to write the character correctly. Other than a few scenes Celia's return was pretty bland and so was Sally's Imo There was just something cold and 'surface' about the writing, which I think spreads across the entire show at the moment.

Archived