Contacting TPTB on Twitter

Guest Light of the Bay

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just added a comment to the discussion of the 5* episodes to say that the main disadvantage of watching these episodes is that it reminds us that H&A used to be really good.

I have to say that I enjoy Neighbours more these days (and that saying something) but there is more interactions between everyone and although Susan and Karl have split up again they still actually talk to one another. And although Sonia is with Toady and Lucas is having a child with Vanessa we still see that they are actually friends and still talk to each other! I think that would be too radical an idea for TPTB at channel 7.

Like I said on the other thread - has Leah even been to the hospital to visit Bianca or did they stop being friends as soon as she moved out?

• 4 weeks later...

Today as I do every so often, tweeted a topic to Lousie Bowes (Script Producer) and she replied saying that the link wasn't working. I then told her that as it was a topic from the spoiler section that she may not be authorised to view it and only members can do so. She then said that she WAS a member which quite frankly shocked me! To be honest I doubted that she was aware of existence. To me this says that they probably know how some fans feel about the current format but perhaps they choose to ignore what they see as a small minority of fans who just like to complain or maybe they are thinking about finally taking action. I feel kinda excited that the Script Producer browses these forums. I look forward to the future and will be watching closely to see if there is any change in the show.

I can confirm that Louise is a member but it isn't actually a new thing, there's been script producers and various other crew/cast members on since...well, pretty much the beginning. Whilst on the odd occasion they've let their identities be known to the members (Coral Drouyn for example was very active in discussion), they tend to keep a low profile and go incognito, for obvious reasons.

While I think it is a good thing that the Writers, Script Producers etc. are aware of the feelings of members of this Forum we shouldn't overestimate either our importance in the broader scheme of things or how representative of the general view our particular demographic is.

The powers that be would be doing their own polling and seeking feedback from a large range of sources. Although the large Facebook and Twitter group of followers is derided at times on this Board by I'm sure that the people at 7 are very mindful of it and see it as an indication of support among that particular demographic.

I'm sure those at Seven who make the decisions on storylines are looking at all of those inputs and making decisions on what they see as the best interests of the show and its longevity.

Even on this Board the range of views on the various storylines and characters and the quality of the "öld days" against the current episodes is quite wide.

We have to be careful not to assign an exalted idea of quality to our view just because we hold it.

I can confirm that Louise is a member but it isn't actually a new thing, there's been script producers and various other crew/cast members on since...well, pretty much the beginning. Whilst on the odd occasion they've let their identities be known to the members (Coral Drouyn for example was very active in discussion), they tend to keep a low profile and go incognito, for obvious reasons.

Darn you, I've been humming for the past hour or so trying to work what song I recogised having the word incognito.

It was Babooshka - Kate Bush.

This is why I still feel it is important for fans, old and new, to voice their opinion on the show, whether it be negative or positive.

I wonder what the show would be like if they only had Facebook feedback to go on.

This is why I still feel it is important for fans, old and new, to voice their opinion on the show, whether it be negative or positive.

I wonder what the show would be like if they only had Facebook feedback to go on.

Well, there would be more scenes of all the male cast members with their tops off, with a few notable exceptions. Bianca would be with Heath and at the same time Liam. Brax would have his tattoos changed to 'text speak' for the benefit of the hoard of teenage girl fans to be able to read them better. Aden and Belle would be voted back in as would Charlie even though two of them are dead. Romeo and Indi would be together or not, possibly.

(Coral Drouyn for example was very active in discussion),

This was the Angie era, right? I'd love to read through these discussions. What was her member name?

Dramaqueen, though the majority of the major discussions/debates from the day were lost in the great forum crash of 2005 sadly.

(and if anyone looks anything up, please don't bump 6 year old topics - they won't be getting replies! :P)

Archived