Contacting TPTB on Twitter

Guest Light of the Bay

Louise Bowes tweeted this earlier: @Louise_Bowes: Time to crawl into bed & watch a scary DVD to clear my head... And perhaps give me some ideas for Summer Bay :) night all. Seriously? More doom and gloom? I really want to respect Louise but she just seems to want to write ineffective crime-based events that have no impact or aftermath. There's been too many dark storylines in the past couple of years and it has to stop or be scaled back dramatically. I think it's beyond ridiculous and people are getting fed up. I know I sound as of I'm ranting but I just can't bear seeing a show I love be written the way it is. I hoped they would change the format as the ratings are falling but obviously they don't care.

And you don't think that maybe she was teasing all the fans that follow her? Unless of course Roo and Harvey move to a scary house to take care of it for the winter whilst Harvey decides to write a book or the teens all decide to go camping at this camping ground where a little kid called Jason drowned years ago and his mother wants revenge... or maybe... VJ sees dead people?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been a huge Home And Away fan since 2004. Now the show has completely changed as there are too much focus on the Braxtons and I am annoyed that Alf, Marilyn and Irene never get their own storylines. Home And Away is too miserable and I have decided to switch off from watching Home And Away now.

I may watch Home And Away again for their 25th anniversary. I bet the Braxtons will be heavily involved for the 25th anniversary. I will be enraged if Alf and Irene are not given much to do for the 25th anniversary.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've said this before but Louise gets loads of tweets from the same people every day praising the show and saying how they love the Braxtons etc.. Louise always replies to these tweets (as she should) and if she's asked what's in store for these characters, she usually says "they will be very busy". Now I asked her the other day (as did another user) what's in store for Alf and Irene next year and she hasn't replied to either of our tweets. I find it very strange and I'm fairly certain that she has seen the tweets but has chosen not to reply. It's clear to me that she simply doesn't want to or know how to write good stories for Alf and Irene etc.

I think I've said this before but Louise gets loads of tweets from the same people every day praising the show and saying how they love the Braxtons etc.. Louise always replies to these tweets (as she should) and if she's asked what's in store for these characters, she usually says "they will be very busy". Now I asked her the other day (as did another user) what's in store for Alf and Irene next year and she hasn't replied to either of our tweets. I find it very strange and I'm fairly certain that she has seen the tweets but has chosen not to reply. It's clear to me that she simply doesn't want to or know how to write good stories for Alf and Irene etc.

Either that or a decision has been made that Alf and Irene are just to be background characters. If that's the case it would be a great shame as an occasional storyline from these talented players would help them broaden the appeal of the show.

• 2 months later...

I congratulated Louise Bowes (along with Lucy Addario) on twitter today regarding H&A's 25th birthday. I then asked if she could confirm that 2013 will be a lighter year with all characters getting good stories of their own. She replied by saying " I can confrim 2013 will be a year of something for everyone".... I'm going to take that as a positive and hopefully it means that the older members of the cast will have as much prominence as the younger cast.

Archived