Contacting TPTB on Twitter

Guest Light of the Bay

cadycstlover, what I've done in the past and frustratingly lost the files at the weekend when my computer had a minor hiccup was "Scene Counts" where you collect the number of scenes a character was in per episode and then add them up over a week.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have now given up on tweeting Louise Bowes. I've been very polite and as a fan of Home and Away I feel that I am allowed to tweet constructive criticism and suggestions. She gets mainly positive tweets and I've recently been attacked by some users on twitter who have told me that H&A is awesome because of the Braxtons.

Someone tweeted her saying the outback storyline was 'spectacular' and I joined the discussion saying that I disagreed and felt the storyline was unimaginative and it was not what H&A should be about. I, as others on this board have said in the past, feel that guns, crime, violence and explosions are just OTT and make the show feel like a carbon copy of cop shows. Louise has obviously given up on responding to tweets that question the Braxtons and I'm not going to waste my time anymore. I'm sure some other fans who have grown tired of the current format of the show will continue to offer suggestions and improvements but I just can't anymore. I am very close to giving up on Home and Away altogether. The River Boys are going to run the show into the ground IMHo)

I have now given up on tweeting Louise Bowes. I've been very polite and as a fan of Home and Away I feel that I am allowed to tweet constructive criticism and suggestions. She gets mainly positive tweets and I've recently been attacked by some users on twitter who have told me that H&A is awesome because of the Braxtons.

Someone tweeted her saying the outback storyline was 'spectacular' and I joined the discussion saying that I disagreed and felt the storyline was unimaginative and it was not what H&A should be about. I, as others on this board have said in the past, feel that guns, crime, violence and explosions are just OTT and make the show feel like a carbon copy of cop shows. Louise has obviously given up on responding to tweets that question the Braxtons and I'm not going to waste my time anymore. I'm sure some other fans who have grown tired of the current format of the show will continue to offer suggestions and improvements but I just can't anymore. I am very close to giving up on Home and Away altogether. The River Boys are going to run the show into the ground IMHo)

I think the problem is that Home and Away could do guns and crime in small doses, like it was back when it was more of a community/character life drama - then those storylines really have a big impact and they can go all out to make them very gripping. But because it is so common, its lost all of its impact.

cadycstlover, what I've done in the past and frustratingly lost the files at the weekend when my computer had a minor hiccup was "Scene Counts" where you collect the number of scenes a character was in per episode and then add them up over a week.
That sounds much easier :lol: . I wish I could be bothered to sit through a couple more weeks worth of episodes and count how long each character is in each scene. It really is no exaggeration that Brax/Heath/Casey dominate the show.

I think the problem is that Home and Away could do guns and crime in small doses, like it was back when it was more of a community/character life drama - then those storylines really have a big impact and they can go all out to make them very gripping. But because it is so common, its lost all of its impact.
This.

I am very close to giving up on Home and Away altogether. The River Boys are going to run the show into the ground IMHo)
I want to encourage you to stick with it, but I'm thinking the same thing myself :( .

http://www.backtothebay.net/features/scriptprocess.shtml

I knew I'd seen this somewhere. This was written by Bevan Lee explaining what goes into producing a script for H&A. Whilst it does read a bit of 'stop complaining y'all 'cuz we are doing our best here' it does give you scope into what Script Writers and Editors do. It also seems that if you want things to change then it won't be an overnight process.

I think if you've investing time and effort into a show, enough to try and express your views to TPTB it can seem disheartening when no-one seems to be listening.

^ I guess some of us complain too much but I do realise how hard and draining it must be to produce 25 minute episodes 5 days a week.

However, I feel there is plenty to complain about and I don't appear to be a alone. The show is going nowhere and hasn't had any direction since 2005. I got into a bit of a debate with a twitter user who often tweets Louise Bowes saying how 'the braxtons are so amazing and that they make the show worth watching'. She repeatedly told me that no one is interested in other characters and the Braxtons and Bianca have longevity and are far more interesting than characters such as Irene. Quite frankly I can't blame her as Irene etc. never get stories of their own and it's ALWAYS about the Braxtons. She then told me that the Braxtons were staying for good and I 'might as well get used to it'.

I'm so angry that Irene, Alf, Marilyn and Leah are no longer valued and have just become extras. This show is going down the drain and I'm not going to give up on it as I have hope that it will get better.

I had this from a teenage girl on my own Facebook when I said "God, it's crap now."

She argued "The River Boys are great" but did, quite maturely I thought, point out about how "The (then) current thing with Heath & Bianca's baby is really interesting." I had to agree. Indeed, it was worked brilliantly - and with quite some emotional power - into tonight's episode where Bianca showed him to April as an example that she musn't give up hope on Dex. I just hope that

the "Dale v2.0" that's just happened in Oz

is done some justice. It's been slated on Facebook for being "too depressing" but as tonight's UK ep proved, the current cast are capable of some great and at times very powerful acting.

I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Louise Bowes tweeted this earlier: @Louise_Bowes: Time to crawl into bed & watch a scary DVD to clear my head... And perhaps give me some ideas for Summer Bay :) night all. Seriously? More doom and gloom? I really want to respect Louise but she just seems to want to write ineffective crime-based events that have no impact or aftermath. There's been too many dark storylines in the past couple of years and it has to stop or be scaled back dramatically. I think it's beyond ridiculous and people are getting fed up. I know I sound as of I'm ranting but I just can't bear seeing a show I love be written the way it is. I hoped they would change the format as the ratings are falling but obviously they don't care.

Archived