Contacting TPTB on Twitter

Guest Light of the Bay

These dark storylines dont really suit the show. Since Louise took over the phrase Home And Away has lost something as the clue to the saying is in the theme tune. Closer each day home and away. I think a new broom should come in and bring back the light heartedness again. H&A has never shied away from issues but it had humour as well and community spirit. I may contact her on Twitter throwing in my twopenneth.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I tweeted Louise Bowes and Lucy Addario the other days saying how I am a long term viewer having seen the show since 1989 when it first aired over here in the UK and that I miss the family show it once was and that the Braxtons are in it too much. As said they dont seem to reply to tweets that question the quality of the show but do reply to sycophants who say "I love the Braxtons, they are fab".

I know this is going slightly off-topic but I read on Neighbours Fans yesterday that H&A's audience for an episode last week dropped to 724,000! I know it's not a huge dip but maybe it's a sign that some people are tiring of the current format?

Like I said though, it probably doesn't mean anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I think this sums up things quite well! The following is taken from twitter. It makes it obvious that TPTB do not even care about long term fans. They don't give a stuff about continuity. It's the River boys all the way because SOME fans like them.

Steven Murray ‏@StevenLaMurray

@Louise_Bowes Why are you pushing for Heath & Bianca so much? Heath has no job and no formal qualifications. Bianca is twice divorced too...

Louise Bowes ‏@Louise_Bowes

@StevenLaMurray Most people are enjoying the story & that's all that matters. Oh & Bianca never married Vittorio, so once divorced

^ Yup, 'most people are enjoying the story', and that's all that matters apparently! I'm not completely convinced by that fact either; although there are a fair few fans of 'Heanca' (I'm one of them) I hear from as many, if not more people that hate the couple.

I also see an increasing proportion of fans who are bored of the Braxton characters, and want to see further balance in the apportion of storylines.

All I've asked of Louise on twitter is for storylines to be shared amongst all characters. But i agree that even fans of the Braxtons have grown tired of enemies from the boys arriving in the Bay and causing trouble - it's so unimaginative. They need to almost completely abandon crime and focus on social issues and family-oriented storylines that promote character development. Right now I feel that episodes being shown are unacceptable - the writing is sloppy and it needs reinvigorated.

Archived