Contacting TPTB on Twitter

Guest Light of the Bay

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've completely given up on the show and strangely, I don't care any more. I think I've just got to the point where I think it's hopeless.

Of course I am disappointed that I feel completely alienated by a show I used to really enjoy and was dedicated to for such a long time, but I've accepted that the new producers will do there own thing regardless of what people say. They might take on board suggestions, but ultimately they will do what they want.

I don't like their ideas as producers, I don't enjoy how they write TV, it doesn't engage me, leaves me feeling cold and I don't like the type of show they produce; it's just a shame that it's Home and Away that they've got control over.

Of course I'm going to tune in from time to time to see whats going on, or if there are signs that things are changing (or old characters return etc.) but I'm kinda over it all now.

Lol. It's really interest reading these posts. I actually went onto the writers twitter page and saw some of your posts. What "you people" have to say to the writers really means nothing to them because for every post you make there's plenty more who say just the opposite and that's all the writers need to continue what they are doing. They know that there are same people who don't like the way the show is written but they also know that there are millions more who do like it. So yeah.

As far as I'm concerned I'm happy with they way the show is written. It's more interesting then ever.

For the second time I've been referred as "you people" and for the second time I take offence at it. Seriously you think just because the more verbal of us are posting our contempt for the show and the way it's going that there aren't others out there switching off? How long do you think it will be before they take notice of that? And as far as the actors are concerned that play the beloved Braxton's, well their time is limited. Dan Ewing for example has already indicated that he wants to go to the States to work and quite frankly when they leave all those teen fans will disappear too.

I'm glad that you are happy with the show. I mean if you think that bad characterisation and convenient plot holes are good storytelling then it's obvious that you simply won't get where 'us people' are coming from. Go off and enjoy your show and allow us to stick up for it so that we hopefully, one day will get back the Home and Away that everyone could enjoy with exciting drama and family orientated scenes, with a balance of romance and angst and with a blend of storylines for ALL the fans.

If you didn't come across as so aggro towards those that enjoy the show or the Braxtons at the moment, then I wouldn't care, but the way you're constantly being aggro at those that like the show or the Braxtons is beyond ridiculous.

You know what, I love the Braxtons as characters, and while the show has clearly been better during other times, I still tune in every night. So if I like the Braxtons, does that mean I'm a teenager as you keep categorising everyone into that group if you like them.

If you hate the show so much, then why put yourself through this misery every night. No one's forcing you to watch, and I wouldn't worry about the Braxtons staying for a long time, they won't. Soap operas go through phases, the Sutherlands dominated Home and Away in the early 2000s and before you know it they're forgotten apart from Kirsty, you could argue Sally was the centre of attention between 2005-2008 as well. How is it any different with the Braxtons? I know the Braxtons have criminal elements to them, but if you look beyond that, they are quite interesting characters.

Tele never said the only people that like them are teenagers. She is obviously passionate about H&A and just doesn't want to see it go to the dogs. The Sutherlands were never the centre of attention.

On twitter though most of the people praising Louise Bowes are teenagers. Storytelling right now on H&A is poor IMO and I'm not going to change that opinion. I respect that people enjoy the show currently and I'm happy for you if you do. :)

Tele never said the only people that like them are teenagers. She is obviously passionate about H&A and just doesn't want to see it go to the dogs. The Sutherlands were never the centre of attention.

On twitter though most of the people praising Louise Bowes are teenagers. Storytelling right now on H&A is poor IMO and I'm not going to change that opinion. I respect that people enjoy the show currently and I'm happy for you if you do. :)

I wouldn't say the show is in a great state at the moment, and yes I may have gone overboard now considering I'm frustrated by this 'us against them' mentality when it comes to the Braxtons. For example, I enjoy the Braxtons, but I despise the Scott sisters, whereas some may love them, but I'm not going to hold it against those that do love them.

Well I can't comment on this, but I don't use Twitter so I don't know what the audience demographic of it is on Home and Away's Twitter page, but I'll take your word on it in regards to teenagers posting frequently.

At the end of the day, we all want the show to be great, but of course there are going to be flaws in it every day when we watch it. For crying out loud, the overall amount of Home and Away fans consider the years of 1988 and 1989 great, yet when I read posts discussing those episodes, you still see people critical of the state of the show even at that time. Personally I love the 2002-2008 era of the show, yet some are heavily critical of this era as well, but I don't really care what people think.

It starts to annoy me when people want to start fights, and get arrogant towards other posters.

If you didn't come across as so aggro towards those that enjoy the show or the Braxtons at the moment, then I wouldn't care, but the way you're constantly being aggro at those that like the show or the Braxtons is beyond ridiculous.

You know what, I love the Braxtons as characters, and while the show has clearly been better during other times, I still tune in every night. So if I like the Braxtons, does that mean I'm a teenager as you keep categorising everyone into that group if you like them.

If you hate the show so much, then why put yourself through this misery every night. No one's forcing you to watch, and I wouldn't worry about the Braxtons staying for a long time, they won't. Soap operas go through phases, the Sutherlands dominated Home and Away in the early 2000s and before you know it they're forgotten apart from Kirsty, you could argue Sally was the centre of attention between 2005-2008 as well. How is it any different with the Braxtons? I know the Braxtons have criminal elements to them, but if you look beyond that, they are quite interesting characters.

First off, lets set this record straight. I have never said that I hate the Braxton's. NEVER. Please stop defending them to me. If you like them, good for you. That is your choice. Remember that not everyone has to like them.

Second. The majority of people who do like the Braxton's are teens and categorised as such. The majority of people who comment on twitter and facebook are teens. Whether you are an older fan of them, a long term fan of the show or whatever, again that is your choice, I have absolutely nothing against you or the fact that you like the Braxton's.

Third. I wish people would stop dragging the Sutherlands up as a comparison. We're not talking about then, we're talking about now and the way the show is now.

Fourth. I have always talked about the quality of the writing of the show, whether for Braxton's or other characters.

And finally, I'm sick of the fights too. I'm sick of the fact that if anyone posts a single thing that can be construed as negative about the Braxton's we get numerous posts telling us how great they are. They aren't great and that is down to the WRITERS who are throwing them into constant danger or simply not following up on obvious plot points but then that goes for other characters too. And maybe if you were to read the post I was responding too and how insulting it was then you'd realise that my post was being sarcastic.

Yes, we're ALL getting sick to the back teeth of all the petty arguing going on.

Seriously, stop winding each other up and quit making aggressive, belittling, personal remarks to each other.

I'll repeat myself yet again - we don't need a rant every time a Braxton is mentioned in a thread. Repetitive essays stating your opinions on how the 'Braxtons are overused'/'all fans are shallow'/'the writers don't have a clue' are not useful and are starting to be considered spam. Note that I only refer to those members who are going around the board repeating the same things over and over again in numerous threads.

Similarly, if you are a fan of the Braxtons, you don't need to take offence and go on a rant of your own if someone simply states that they don't like them. If you feel that someone is merely trying to cause an argument then IGNORE it and report it.

We're not on either side here, we're just fed up that some people are unable to appreciate that different people have different views. Don't agree with it? Then just leave it alone and move on.

Any more personal remarks in this thread and we'll just close it and dish out warnings. This goes for all the other threads too.

• 10 months later...

I think if Louise didn't accept criticism she should have kept quiet to the latest LOTB's tweet too rather than replying with sarcastic message. She sounds so arrogant to me now.

To be fair to Louise (and you don't normally hear me say that!) it is her personal twitter account and not a 'work/corporate' account so she has the right not to answer anybody. Or even to be sarcastic.

On the other hand I've repeatedly asked her questions regarding the Sally return storyline and why Leah and VJ had to go off to get tested and had nothing back from her.....

Archived