1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

It is slightly annoying that we've been cut off in the middle of Karen's decline, although the show is going to be balanced on that particular knife edge for about another fifty episodes so it's not like it's just round the corner.Sorry we didn't get through the Tracey storyline, I looked up a thread from three years ago where we established no-one knew much about her.Was kind of interested in Margaret's storyline around the middle of the week but I've lost interest a bit now it seems to be going down the route of her becoming obsessed with Sophie.(Doesn't help that the photo of her daughter looks more like Tracey, and indeed pretty much every other girl Pippa's fostered, than Sophie.)

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Doesn't help that the photo of her daughter looks more like Tracey, and indeed pretty much every other girl Pippa's fostered, than Sophie.)

Do you think so? :o I was actually spooked by how much the photo looked like Sophie. In fact I wondered if it was a real photo of a young Rebekah (I could actually see a resemblance to Max Sutherland as well! :lol: )

I thought the picture looked very much like Sophie - I do think it is Rebekah in the picture, she looks way too similar.

Great to see Lucinda's first episode and I don't have any memory of Nick living in the Beach House so it's been interesting to watch that dynamic.

It already feels like Pippa and Michael have been living together in that house for years. I can't remember what Sally's next storyline is, I saw the bra storyline as a turning point and a second era for the character, so now we've past it I'll be interested in seeing what comes next.

I've been enjoying the Adam, Blake and Hayden stuff. It's good to have these guys cruising along without being involved in heavy storylines. Karen's well and truly become the Karen I remembered. She's a lot more interesting to watch now that she delivers more meaty lines and has this thing going on with Ailsa. I'm looking forward to watching it all unfold.

It's at quite an addictive period at the moment so it sucks that we have to wait until the new year for more episodes. Having said that, of course I am grateful that we have come so far. When it was first announced that The Early Years would be broadcast, I genuenly thought they would axe it within a year or two, so they've done brilliantly to keep it up. Let's hope it continues.

I thought the picture looked very much like Sophie - I do think it is Rebekah in the picture, she looks way too similar.

Great to see Lucinda's first episode and I don't have any memory of Nick living in the Beach House so it's been interesting to watch that dynamic.

It already feels like Pippa and Michael have been living together in that house for years. I can't remember what Sally's next storyline is, I saw the bra storyline as a turning point and a second era for the character, so now we've past it I'll be interested in seeing what comes next.

I've been enjoying the Adam, Blake and Hayden stuff. It's good to have these guys cruising along without being involved in heavy storylines. Karen's well and truly become the Karen I remembered. She's a lot more interesting to watch now that she delivers more meaty lines and has this thing going on with Ailsa. I'm looking forward to watching it all unfold.

It's at quite an addictive period at the moment so it sucks that we have to wait until the new year for more episodes. Having said that, of course I am grateful that we have come so far. When it was first announced that The Early Years would be broadcast, I genuenly thought they would axe it within a year or two, so they've done brilliantly to keep it up. Let's hope it continues.

If the texts are to be followed in the ep guide, Sal dates that Peter kid in her year and shares a kiss with him at an unsupervised party followiong a bottle where Michael and Pippa peeking in (Saw the clips).

I'll admit the photo was only on screen briefly and I didn't exactly freeze frame and examine it.I can't say I was immediately struck with a lightning bolt saying "That looks like Sophie" as Nick and Marilyn apparently were but maybe it looked more like her than I thought.

• 1 month later...

I can hardly wait for;

- Soph vs Tracy

- Karen's descent into full-on bitch

- David's arrival and demise (more the aftermath, I've seen the actual death ep)

- Grant's return

- The arrival of Ryan the Ratbag

- Crawford's takeover of SBH which goes down about as well as a fur coat in the Sahara

- The arrivals of Greg, Simon and Fin

Ryan the "ratbag" ay? I'll wait and see the episodes myself and judge for myself, because from what I saw of the July/August 1992 episodes, Ryan did nothing wrong apart from try to win Loo off Nick, and I fail to see how Nick felt he was better for Loo than Ryan. All I saw in the episodes I originally saw, was Ryan the victim (of the love triangle with Nick, and of Shane's vendetta).

Can't wait for David to get his come-uppance (too late as he has already

Archived