1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and after they replayed from the beginning they must've realised they were then 3 or 4 minutes behind schedule in Melbourne and cut a portion of the middle of the show out and went to more ads. (Obviously to sync with Sydney).

It's bad enough we have to watch LIVE sport in standard definition on channel 7 and never see sport in High Definition. Now this crap.

Jean is a nasty piece of work and after a couple of episodes of being guilty of nothing more than being a bit frosty, she finally showed her true colours by breaking the vase and blaming Sam, then later pretending that Bobby had brought her to tears when Marilyn walked in. Oh, and the "bad back" :D

VERY interesting to see the start of the Karen/Revhead storyline. Revhead is likeable despite his previous behaviour (was it the same actor in 1989 when he was hassling Roo?). I like that they are not making him a 2-dimensional lout. Michael has said he is a hard worker, and he was shown giving some advice/directions to a family at the beach before Karen came along. He is capable of being a good guy with the right guidance.

I liked the Stewart family outing. Good fun and a rare chance to see all the Stewart family together (but once again a recurring theme over the next few years - WHERE IS DUNCAN?!)

My favourite episode of the week was the swimming competition. A great feel-good episode. It would have been too unrealistic if Haydn had performed a perfect dive. I like that he still belly-flopped but won anyway. Donald's reaction was awesome!

My least favourite was the new Ross-house ironing out the creases in their new dynamic. I should have liked it, I usually like that kind of story in H&A. It just seemed a bit sloppy and to be honest, *yawn* at Haydn/Sophie. I guess the writers are breaking them up because

David Croft is due to come along soon?

. But to be honest I never really noticed any chemistry between them, in fact I forgot they were dating half the time (much like Adam and Emma). It was silly breaking up Blake and Sophie for that.

I agree with pretty much all of that. To be fair re. Duncan, Ailsa did organise for Pippa to look after him for the night, so at least he wasn't completely ignored, even if we didn't actually see him.

Jean really is horrible. I'm glad it's bringing out the fiery side of Bobby. It's interesting to watch a 'mature' woman treating Sam that way, acting worse than a child herself.

Like I said last time, I'm really enjoying the 'feel' of the show at the moment. Also does anyone else think it actually looks a lot hotter and sunnier than the current show? I think it's the camera's they have been using over the last 8 or so months.

I like Revhead, like you say he has layers and it makes him far more interesting and engaging to follow. Karen has become an 'adult' so fast, it's hard to even see her as the same kid who was shy and awkward a few months ago. I wonder if the writers were inspired by Belinda Jarrett and decided to make some changes to Karen's personality - she's certainly become more confident and a unafraid of telling people how she see's it.

I was surprised and disappointed that Pippa didn't mention Carly at all. I didn't mind the 'settling into family life' storyline, but I did think Sally and Sophie were being OTT just because Michael said he couldn't fix the hair dyer when they wanted him to. I can see why Sally was insecure about the dinner (even if I did think she was jumping to the wrong conclusions too fast), she is quite a fragile character when it comes to belonging and feeling loved/wanted - a theme that runs pretty much her entire stint in the show.

Yes they did bother to explain were Duncan was. But where was Christopher when Pippa and Michael where on honeymoon. I have loved the comic stories of late. Enjoying 1991 so much more than 1990. Not that I thought 1990 was bad.

But where was Christopher when Pippa and Michael where on honeymoon

I think he was with Alf and Ailsa. I'm pretty sure.

I really like Revhead and as another poster said, he has layers. He is showing his softer side where his sister and Karen are concerned. He really does love his sister and wants the best for her. And I'm enjoying Karen and Revhead's relationship too. They make an interesting couple.

I'm also loving Aunty Jean-such a villain and taking advantage of Marilyn's generous nature to get what she wants.

And is it just me or does Hayden and Blake have a bit of bromance going on?

I've heard WA missed today's episode because of the time difference & the US election coverage, being on at 7:30am their time.

We had an episode where Marilyn finds out that Jean was lying to her. Was that today's episode? The episode was shorter than usual.

Archived