1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

I've seen up to 795.Glad the Kenny situation got resolved.Karen seems to be a bit of a schizoprenic at the moment, some episodes she's an alpha bitch, others she's pretty much how she used to be. Can't really get into the storyline with Marilyn and her maybe-parents

probably because we know they're not around in later years so whatever the truth is it's not going to go anywhere.

Finding the Tracey storyline slightly aggravating, since it's not showing anyone in a particularly good light.Pippa and Michael are required to be hugely dense.(When Michael asks "Do you think Tracey's really stirring up trouble behind her back?" and Pippa replies "I haven't seen anything", you have to wonder if she understood the question.)Yet Sophie isn't doing herself any favours either, constantly throwing tantrums and taking it all out on Margaret, so it's hard to sympathise with her.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously procrastinating over when the show would return has been more entertaining than the show actually returning!

the last 10 episodes have been quite dull. Counting down the days until episode 810.

I've seen up to 795. Can't really get into the storyline with Marilyn and her maybe-parents

Its a pity that in the current show can't look into it now but since Maz is ignored by the show now....

Obviously lots of you already know this.... but for those that don't, it may interest you to know that Bruce Venables, who's playing Max Riley, is in fact Judy Nunn's real life husband. He also spoke the first words on the show playing the policeman chasing Frank in the Pilot episode, and played a farmer in 1997.

The Sophie/Tracey storyline and Karen's downfall has been really interesting to watch. I hope Tracey gets caught out.

Hayden and Blake trying to pick up girls with a car is getting boring.

I'm also interested to know who Marilyn's parents really are and I also like Mrs. Lynch alot.

Still can't warm up to Lucinda. She's quite bland.

The Sophie/Tracey storyline and Karen's downfall has been really interesting to watch. I hope Tracey gets caught out.

Still can't warm up to Lucinda. She's quite bland.

Knowing whats coming up for Sophie I am getting really bored of Tracey and I think she is really annoying

I think Lucinda needs more time but I agree its not been a great start.

Now seen up to 800.Well, I thought Michael and Pippa were myopic when it comes to Tracey but Haydn and especially Karen are even worse.Karen warns Tracey that Sophie's planning to do something to her, Tracey announces she's going to do something to Sophie and...Karen agrees to help her?Even when said something is Tracey setting Sophie up so Michael and Pippa will think she's done something she hasn't, which is exactly what Sophie's been saying is going on?I don't think it's meant to be because Karen's evil now, she's basically been her old self this week, she was just being thick:She kept having second thoughts but every time she'd either fall for Tracey's "You don't have to help me" act or Sophie would make a comment about how she's going to get Tracey and lose Karen's sympathy.While I sympathise with Sophie, it has to be said that she's really doing herself no favours by rising to the bait every time and looking like the aggressor.Hopefully Margaret's words will sink in.God bless Sally for being the only person to give Tracey the benefit of the doubt without automatically deciding that means Sophie's the villain of the piece, her and Sophie's little chat was an incredibly sweet moment.That cat fight between Sophie and Tracey has got to be one of the most vicious in the show's history.

I mentioned before the break that it looked like Margaret was going to become obsessed with Sophie.Well...that sort of happened but Bobby was on hand to make her see what she was doing, resulting in her apologising to Sophie, explaining the situation and promising to treat her like a normal student from now on.Um, except she hasn't, she's still being quasi-maternal towards her, Bobby even pointed it out, only Sophie doesn't seem to mind now.Maybe she's just grateful to have someone on her side.So I'm curious to see where this is going to go and which way it's going to swing.

After saying I didn't care before, I've suddenly found myself intrigued by Max and Heather.I was expecting them to be exposed as con artists pretty quickly but instead they've stuck around and seem to be genuine, which makes the sudden doubt cast on their story actually rather surprising.Another storyline where I'm intrigued to see where it's going.

Archived