1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, unless the episodes reach 2840, a part of me will be disappointed

Why that particular episode, Ryan?

I hope they do double episodes when S&D ends. :)

That's the final episode ITV aired and I have a copy of every episode post that (bar 1)

Alexx, I think Living in the UK got a couple of weeks past this, but not much further.

There's all sort of interesting points that the show could potentially stop, but we just don't know. For instance, around July next year, the repeat run of Sons & Daughters will end. Will they find another 1/2 show to slot in or totally change the show around. Will they move to double episodes etc.

However, unless the episodes reach 2840, a part of me will be disappointed, but I'll also be grateful for Seven having given us the opportunity to see these episodes again.

Living actually stopped the run at 707 on Friday 30th March 2001 before jumping to 1921 on Wednesday 4th April 2001.

I find it odd the way they've taken Ben's character, he seemed to be a fairly softly spoken gentlemanly type to start with, but since he married Carly he's suddenly developed this short temper and this rather short-sighted set of values.I was on his side with Steven, who was behaving like a twerp and treating Pippa and everyone else badly and needed a good talking to, but the whole thing with making snap judgements about Michael and then turning a job down out of pride because he didn't want Carly's help(?!)was just stubborn and arrogant.

I think I mentioned a while back that there seemed to be a point where Grant was in every episode and I think we've reached it, he seems to have turned into Alf or Roo from the current show, wandering into someone else's storyline for a couple of scenes every episode.Although I do think he's got a storyline of his own coming up before the end of the year.(Only three or four weeks to go!)

I thought the end of the Stone storyline was a bit lacking, it was satisfying to see Don bawl him out but sending him to another school just feels like passing the buck.It didn't help that different writers seemed to have different takes on him, how much of a bully he was seemed to vary wildly, and the odd hints that he was somehow jealous of Karen for being smart weren't really followed up on.I'm almost liking Haydn, he's a bit stuck up but there's obviously a deeper side to him which we've only touched on.After a slightly bland first episode, Michael seems to be firing on all cylinders now, going to be good seeing the character develop.

I like Hayden a lot, good character there for sure. Hopefully he sticks around for a while. Oh and it's Hayden, not Darren, EPG. :rolleyes:

I obviously have no idea aboout these older eps and where the storylines lead but judging by the comments around here, Michael Ross is here for a while I take it?

I disagree with others, I actually really like Ben, and I didn't even like him much to start. Grown on me big time.

Stone was a fantastic storyline, very well done.

I like Karen, and I'm slowly warming to Blake, slowly.

Oh and it's Hayden, not Darren, EPG. :rolleyes:

I had a serious deja' vu moment when I read that. It's been a while since I've seen it, but isn't it mentioned in the 2000th episode VHS (released in the UK), that Haydn was almost going to be called Darren ? :ph34r:

Oh and it's Hayden, not Darren, EPG. :rolleyes:

I had a serious deja' vu moment when I read that. It's been a while since I've seen it, but isn't it mentioned in the 2000th episode VHS (released in the UK), that Hayden was almost going to be called Darren ? :ph34r:

Pretty sure that's correct, seem to remember her then commenting "thankfully they saw the light" which I didn't think was very nice to anyone of that name :P

I like Hayden a lot, good character there for sure. Hopefully he sticks around for a while. Oh and it's Hayden, not Darren, EPG. rolleyes.gif

Mine says Darren too! That's so weird.

Hopefully now that Hayden's apologised to his father, I'll start to like him more. It will be interesting to see when

Pippa gets together with Michael

Adam and Marilyn won't last. Adam's too selfish and self-centered for Marilyn.

I hope Bobby won't lose the kid. I can't remember if she does. Please DON'T let me know.

I disagree with others, I actually really like Ben, and I didn't even like him much to start. Grown on me big time.

Same here. I disliked Ben intensely but now I've grown quite fond of him and I like how he's so protective towards his family. But I didn't like how he was a hypocrite about the whole boat shed nonsense.

Archived