1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home And Away icon Michael Ross is welcomed to Summer Bay (but not, it seems, by all). BANG goes another stupid Internet rumour-generated myth when we were all GUESSING why the last Home And Away repeat run was axed in 2002.

Ben is such an up-himself idiot (and Carly is still the same snob as she was from Day 1). They are not marriage material. Their little love-nest is still under Pippa's roof. They are simply not prepared for married life. I told you Ben is such an idiot for "popping the question" so quickly in the first place well this just PROVES IT.

Michael and Pippa's first day of knowing each other looks more sane than when Ben sux Carly first "knew each other". Michael and Pippa are like normal, polite run-of-the-mill friendly like when you first meet someone of average niceness off the street.

Home And Away icon Michael Ross is welcomed to Summer Bay (but not, it seems, by all). BANG goes another stupid Internet rumour-generated myth when we were all GUESSING why the last Home And Away repeat run was axed in 2002.

Ben is such an up-himself idiot (and Carly is still the same snob as she was from Day 1). They are not marriage material. Their little love-nest is still under Pippa's roof. They are simply not prepared for married life. I told you Ben is such an idiot for "popping the question" so quickly in the first place well this just PROVES IT.

Michael and Pippa's first day of knowing each other looks more sane than when Ben sux Carly first "knew each other". Michael and Pippa are like normal, polite run-of-the-mill friendly like when you first meet someone of average niceness off the street.

^Wouldn't it be boring if they had their own little pad and everything was picture perfect all the time though? In my opinion Ben and Carly make for good and interesting TV. I like that Carly has this snobbish streak - I know exactly who she is, she has remained a very consistent character over the years. As far as she's concerned, she just wants to better herself. I'm not sure its being a snob anyway, yes she can be tactless sometimes, but she doesn't really belittle other people who have a job or lifestyle she wouldn't like, she just says it out loud when she doesn't want it for herself, I dont think there's anything wrong with that.

I'll always defend Carly because I think she is such a well written character and to me she is as 'normal/realistic' as they come. Ben's the same. They are flawed, make mistakes, as humans do, but they have an honest and well meaning core. I just can't understand why you hate them so much.

I was was pondering on Michael and Tom before - I wonder if when Tom was axed (he was axed wasn't he?), the writers always had in mind another love interest for Pippa. Or if they realised they had made a mistake just after killing him off and thought - 'it isn't going to work with Pippa alone, lets bring in a replacement for Tom'. Or if they decided to bring in a love interest once Debra Lawrence took over. Maybe they just wanted to shake things up and give Summer Bay House a different feel, a different 'dad'.

Well, this is where Dibble Investments Inc sells up and hops on the bus, waving to Lance.....

Unfortunately, Fake Pippa and Wannabe Tom will soon be shacked up in the same house that Real Pippa and Tom only recently shared....

I've never been a fan of Wannabe Tom....

Might've continued watching the show if Wannabe Tom took Ben's advice and left town!!!!

I've also never fully gotten over Marty & Lance's departures :(

So this is where TEY ends for me :(

Goodbye from me, it has been nice to know many of you. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. Take care and look after yourselves :)

Well, this is where Dibble Investments Inc sells up and hops on the bus, waving to Lance.....

Unfortunately, Fake Pippa and Wannabe Tom will soon be shacked up in the same house that Real Pippa and Tom only recently shared....

I've never been a fan of Wannabe Tom....

Might've continued watching the show if Wannabe Tom took Ben's advice and left town!!!!

I've also never fully gotten over Marty & Lance's departures :(

So this is where TEY ends for me :(

Goodbye from me, it has been nice to know many of you. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. Take care and look after yourselves :)

It's a shame that you only ever really liked the show due to handful of characters... There are still quite a lot around from the first season, aren't they of interest to you?

I didn't think we'd get to this point back in 2009 when they first started broadcasting TEY - I was so sure they would axe it after a year. Very grateful.

Hi Michael!!!!!!!

I wasn't expecting to be that happy to see him. I guess that proves I really do like him better than Tom. I can't help but try to watch for Debra Lawrance and Dennis Coard making eyes at each other knowing what we know about them now. Nice to see him given the freeze frame on his first episode considering he becomes a big part of the show in coming years. Also good to see his and Alf's friendship off to a flying start so soon.

Alexx - it would be very interesting to find out from the writers back then exactly what the plan was regarding Tom/Single Pippa/Michael.

Classic H&A cliffhanger music on Friday.

Hi Michael!!!!!!!

You summed up my reaction to Michael Ross's first appearance. Yay! I've always had a soft spot for Michael. Looking forward in seeing him more.

Ben should swallow his pride and accept the job offer, I know I would. And Carly was being so snobby the past few episodes. It's like she's too good to work in a diner.

Didnt release Michael Ross came into it this early. I can understand why Ben is peeved. Old H&A fan sometimes married couples do live under the parents roof. Its reality I'm glad Home and Away showed this. In my opinion Ben is the adult in the marriage. Carly does stupid things like quitting her job at the Diner and just expecting to get it back when she couldnt get another job.

Archived