1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone who leaves their house unlocked have many brains? How did the scriptwriters overlook such an error I mean there was no talk about Jennifa leaving her house unlocked when she was away. He just walked in and slashed her paintings. No mention of him "breaking in" or "forcing entry", and no breakages to the door or smashed windows were shown.

Pippa seems to be taking out her bad mood out on Steven, she's carrying on as though Jennifa was some dirty old man preying on one of her little girls.

Can't Jennifa overlook Steven lying about being just 2 years older than he really is. Maybe he is (or is expected to be) more busy than he made out to be, with the HSC, but Jennifa could be a little bit more calm in telling Steven off. It was a lie, yes, but was it a really serious lie???

Yes. Really nice score. I don't hate Steven at all. For such a usually rational and sensible guy the loves that has knocked him for six is making him do almost anything. Or maybe you would call it infatuation but I really like how the sorry has been written and it won't be something he will get over in a hurry.

And I am not really ever into the romantic stories but this one feels genuine and heart felt. It goes in well with his continuity of character I think. He went off the wall with the Selina thing too.

I've never really been Ben's biggest fan, however, the way he's been interacting with an irrational Steven lately has been admirable. I've begun to warm to him now, which is interesting because he's been around for about 150 episodes or more!!!!

Instead of yelling at Steven and losing his patience with him, Ben has been completely rational and is slowly getting through to him. Ben's been acting as a mentor and in time Steven will appreciate it....

I've never really been Ben's biggest fan, however, the way he's been interacting with an irrational Steven lately has been admirable. I've begun to warm to him now, which is interesting because he's been around for about 150 episodes or more!!!!

Instead of yelling at Steven and losing his patience with him, Ben has been completely rational and is slowly getting through to him. Ben's been acting as a mentor and in time Steven will appreciate it....

Although his intentions are good, I think Ben has overstepped the mark a few times. He is only Steven's (foster)brother-in-law, NOT his stepdad. Sometimes he has been patient and talked to Steven as if they are on the same level, which is fine, but other times he has acted like Steven must obey him, which is not the role of a brother.

Although his intentions are good, I think Ben has overstepped the mark a few times. He is only Steven's (foster)brother-in-law, NOT his stepdad. Sometimes he has been patient and talked to Steven as if they are on the same level, which is fine, but other times he has acted like Steven must obey him, which is not the role of a brother.

I take your point. I guess Ben is relatively young himself and possibly lacks some maturity in handling the situation, hence his 'stepdad-like' manner that you suggested.

Perhaps being an ex-soldier might have also contributed to that.

Either way, I can understand his frustration in dealing with someone who is completely irrational.

I like how Ben has become a member of the family too. I agree he's overstepped the mark in regards to shouting down at Stevo instead of talking to him though - Ben can be a bit hot headed at times, he's being genuine but I think he can go a bit over the top sometimes.

Nice scene between Sally and Stephen on the couch in Summer Bay House.

Bobby!!! She literally told Don the only reason she started seeing Jeff was because everyone was on at her about it. She knows she doesn't like him the way he likes her, they should just end it.

A week of enjoyable episodes.

Bobby/Jeff scenes are cringe!!!!! Hope she puts an end to it soon, she shouldn't keep leading the guy on.

But also, he really should get the hint.

Bobby: Let's just cool it ok?

Jeff: Ok. (moves in for a snog)!!!!!!!!

Loved the Pippa/Ailsa and Pippa/Steven scenes. Also liked the way she confronted Jennifer in the store. Still elements of the original Pippa in there. A few years down the line and DL will have turned Pippa into the kind of character who wouldn't have said those things in quite the same way.

Bobby/Jeff scenes are cringe!!!!! Hope she puts an end to it soon, she shouldn't keep leading the guy on.

But also, he really should get the hint.

Bobby: Let's just cool it ok?

Jeff: Ok. (moves in for a snog)!!!!!!!!

Haha! They're both so different, the way they view relationships for a start. Bobby is hanging in there because she feels sorry for him and also thinks that maybe she will change her mind and fall for him more than a friend, if she sticks it out. Jeff really does like/love Bobby but is being totally ignorant or dismissive of that fact that she doesn't feel the same way. I feel like I've been in this sort of relationship before, coming from Bobby's angle, when I was 12 though! Haha

Archived