1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

Grant is someone I've been quite surprised by. In past "Best Characters" we've ran, if he's been mentioned I've always been quite snide towards him, being one of these one year characters that definitely seem to have been more common around this time. It's worth remembering though that by the time he leaves the show he's been with it for a 1/3 of the entire run up to the point and whilst we look back in 2012 on a character that merely graced the bay for around a year, back then these were quite significant characters in just how long they had been there, but I hadn't seen anything and the outline of his character seemed very nothingness, but I've found him very enjoyable. Ben, on the other I've enjoyed far less.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the climax to Alan Stone's story is my highlight of 1990 so far. Looking at it on paper I wouldn't have thought an unprofessional drunk teacher would be the basis of such a great story but at points in the story I've been shocked and appalled, and I think it's been great watching the journey of the character and seeing how difficult it is for Donald to deal with the situation. I loved the confrontation scene between Alan and Donald in 660, I feel really bad for Donald and for Blake.

I am like, totally in love with Blake. :) He, Karen and Sophie are among my favourite characters and I totally ship him and Sophie. Both stunningly attractive actors/characters who also have great personalities.

I think it's also worth a mention that Sophie's character has been so consistent throughout her stay. She seems to have this hard, rough aspect to her character and doesn't seem to care about standing up for herself or what she thinks - and it all seems to flow so seemlessly from her time with her dad when she did anything to get by.

i love this soap so much more than neighbours.......... And Danni Minogue was doing a better Job on HAA as Emma than her Sister on Neighbours. just my opinion

am i the only one who is missing her ´? I was so in love with her

and i love Matt,adam and marylin.

i cant stand carly. she is a okay character for me, but so...boring... but i'm realy glad that she have find someone like ben. they deserves each other :D

i think the 1990 season is way better than the 1988/89 seasons.

knows someone anything about the plans of 7two ? Will there be the 1991 seasons or is TEY axed after the 1990 season finale ? I realy hope they will continue the show untill MY Danni Sutherland arrives. i had my first crush ever on Tammin Sursok as Danni :D Hope they will air this episodes.

And i hope they will air the episodes with Angel and Shane

^At this stage it seems to be 'wait and see'. Who knows when they will take the episodes off air - what we are seeing now, hasn't been broadcast anywhere (as far as I know) since the 90's/original run. I've only ever read very positive responses to TEY, I do hope the ratings reflect this. We haven't had any ratings reports since the first couple of weeks on 7TWO.

The ideal would be just to continue going on and on, but if they were to end, my preference would probably be up until the 2000 end of year cliff-hanger.

Alexx, I think Living in the UK got a couple of weeks past this, but not much further.

There's all sort of interesting points that the show could potentially stop, but we just don't know. For instance, around July next year, the repeat run of Sons & Daughters will end. Will they find another 1/2 show to slot in or totally change the show around. Will they move to double episodes etc.

However, unless the episodes reach 2840, a part of me will be disappointed, but I'll also be grateful for Seven having given us the opportunity to see these episodes again.

Archived