1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the little girl doesn't want Pippa to

marry

Michael because she wants Tom back. Sorry little girl, but people move on, and that is exactly what

Pippa is going to do!

I remember the music used in that scene, same as when it was whingeing and cwying its lill eyes out about Big Bad Dodge threatening to kill my Dag Dog.

Sally crying to Marilyn about Christmas without Tom... what a sweet scene and great acting from young Kate.

One of the best in a long, long time. Great scene.

Patricia is a very nice woman, that whole thing with Blake was terrific.

I always liked Patricia. Not just a really nice person but an interesting character too and beautifully played. Wish she had stayed in it longer or even became part of the main cast.

Seeing as how we're as near as makes no difference to the end of 1990, and many of us will now have watched the whole season, what has everyones opinions been on it.

It certainly seems very long ago that Al and Sophie rolled into town last summer quickly followed by Grant and Ben. Certainly I feel 1990, is the year where the first Home and Away stops and the 90's Home and Away begins. It's not all been good, I thought that there was a period through April and May this year (2012) when the show was going in a funny direction.

Looking back at the 1990 season some characters worked really well into the cast like sophie and blake who had very little fanfare and yet Grant would had so much fanfare was a HUGE disappointment to me personally. I am still Missing Lance and Martin though

Well that episode certainly had a 'warm and fuzzy' feel about it, particularly the end at the Christmas gathering. But this is where the current show is completely lacking. Having Summer Bay House and Caravan Park as a prominent location makes so much sense.

The 1990 show is quite a realistic representation of a small country community in Australia as it still exists today (with dramatic licence obviously). I think its far more relatable than the show they produce in 2012. But the current producers obviously feel like its too uneventful!?

I've enjoyed the 1990 season, more than I did 1989. It definitely feels like the start of the year is connected more to the very early years and the second half, as Ryan said, is the launch of 90's H&A with the arrival of Michael, Hayden, Sophie, Blake, Karen etc. Plus there was a change in camera quality. On a totally random note, it appears they are still using the 80's cameras for outdoor scenes. Presumably the outdoor and indoor scenes will start to match at the beginning of 1991.

I think Bobby has really started to transform this year, into the character she became as a young adult. I do miss her opinionated jokes and mucking around, we only get to see it pop up here and there. I've really enjoyed the Bobby/Stephen scenes recently, it feels like they haven't had much screen time together this year.

At first I was cringing at the reaction to Patricia being a nun, particularly from Ailsa and Fisher. But I'm glad the writers didn't go down that path of Christianity = strange and weird.

Archived