1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

Pippa tried hard to resist her feeling for Michael, getting tongue tied in the store. Then she gave in after Bobby and Carly reassured her she should feel ok about moving on, she doesn't have to forget Tom... etc. She later invited Michael and Hayden over for Christmas dinner.

Stevo and Ben went out to Jennifer's place, but sat in the car and had a chat about whether going in to meet her was the right thing to do. They had one of their 'brotherly' chats and he decided against it. Ben let Stevo drive home (they had gone in Ben's car).

Ailsa found out that Blake was seen crying in church. She also saw him talking to Patricia. She asked him if he needed help, he refused to talk. She tried again at the end of the episode... and at the crucial moment, it started raining outside and my temperamental TV reception gave in!! :/ Sorry!

Throughout the episode I was getting the feeling Blake was religious himself, or had some sort of spiritual belief... ?

If anyone else can fill us in regarding the final scene?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wait 20 years to see Episode 679 and then two airings come along at once!

One thing I'll find interesting in watching the next couple of episodes is remember that there was a popular theory at the time that Bobby's baby here was actually stolen and was Belle.

That was a great episode (other than my pathetic TV reception dropping out for 30 seconds), lots of interesting twists and turns. Bobby looked to be in excruciating pain! Looking forward to tomorrow and the 1991 season return! Didn't think we'd get this far either, very grateful!

Oh and we first heard the Sophie/David theme - its the one that is used prominently around her storyline with David and at the end of the episode she gives birth to Tamara.

One thing I'll find interesting in watching the next couple of episodes is remember that there was a popular theory at the time that Bobby's baby here was actually stolen and was Belle.

What do you mean "2 airings come along at once"??

How did that theory come about? Was her birthday revealed as that date?

Archived