The Beach House

Guest Perry

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a shirtless, tattooed man lifting dumbbells.

Isn't that a good description of Heath? :lol:

I can't imagine Paul, aged 16, would be able to beat Heath, who's at least 22 or more.

A 6 times junior national boxing champion.

FOURTEEN

BIANCA & LIAM’S STORY

Bianca parked her car in the street and jumped out in a quiet rush, as she began walking past Gina Palmer's house she almost slipped. She threw her heels off her feet and carried them as she reached her boyfriends front lawn.

“Oh Bianca!”

Bianca looked to the next door neighbour’s front lawn and saw her boss standing, waving to get her attention.

“I was wondering if we can go through the points for tomorrow nights P&C meeting?” Gina asked with a friendly smile.

“Not now Gina.” Bianca responded rudely and quietly.

“Ok, well whenever you have time.”

Bianca politely waved her off and then snuck up to her boyfriend’s front porch. She hid down low and looked through the window.

Liam poured a glass of champagne for a beautiful blonde woman who looked like she was in her late thirties, or maybe early forties. He then poured a champagne glass for himself. He had a grin on his face spread from ear to ear, a smile Bianca hadn’t seen in months. Liam and the Blonde toasted each other and they each had a short sip of the beverage. Bianca then watched as they placed the glasses on the coffee table and embraced.

Bianca stood up and stormed inside of the unlocked house. “What is going on?”

Liam stood up quickly and gave his girlfriend a nervous smile. “Uh Bianca? What are you doing here?”

“What am I doing here?” The irate woman asked. “What are you doing here?” She then looked at the pretty stranger. “With her?”

Roo Stewart emerged from the hallway and saw the hostility in the room. “What did I miss?”

Bianca looked to her boyfriend’s roommate. “You knew about this?”

“Knew about it?” Roo giggled. “I’m a part of their partnership.”

Bianca looked at Liam with disgust.

“Oh no…” Roo realised how Bianca interpreted what she said. “Stacey and I are going to represent Liam.”

“This is Stacey Macklin, an old friend of Roo’s…” Liam introduced the stranger to his insecure girlfriend. “She’s a Talent Manager from LA.”

Stacey eagerly shook Bianca’s hand. “I’ve represented some very well known musicians such as The Hottie Totties, Rock Stock Lock and…”

“Image!” Roo added with a cackle.

“When Roo rang me and told me about Liam’s separation from his former label I had to swoop in before someone else took him on board.” Stacey explained to Bianca.

Bianca stood there red faced. “I better go talk to Gina about the P&C meeting.” She gave Liam an apologetic look before giving Stacey a forced smile. “Nice to meet you.”

“Come back afterwards?” Liam asked with worry.

Bianca shook her head before leaving the house.

FIFTEEN

APRIL & PAUL’S STORY

Bianca walked inside the beach house through the back door to find April dressed in an apron and wearing rubber gloves, scrubbing at the kitchen bench.

“April are you okay?” Bianca asked as she watched her sister wipe at the same spot back and forth.

“Just fine.” April lied.

“Just fine?” Bianca rolled her eyes and walked past her sister. “Just fine.” She whispered quietly to herself before walking upstairs.

Paul walked inside the house from the front door and looked around the lounge room. “Where’s my stuff?”

April stopped scrubbing to look up at Paul. “It was all over the lounge room so I put it all away in your room.” She then went back to cleaning.

Paul walked into his bedroom to find it in immaculate condition with everything he owned packed away neatly. He walked up to his chest of drawers and opened up the top drawer to find his underwear folded and neatly stacked. White briefs all in a pile, coloured briefs in another pile, cotton boxers folded into a small square and in colour order. He slammed the drawer closed and stormed into the kitchen.

“What did you do to my stuff?” He asked her aggressively.

“I put them away for you.” April answered as she continued to scrub at the same spot.

“What are you doing going through my stuff?”

“It was just left on the lounge room floor.”

“Well you should have just left it there.” He raised his voice.

“I don’t understand what the big deal is.” April changed hands as her elbow was getting sore.

“The big deal is that it is mine and you had no right.”

April didn’t react to Paul’s irate behaviour she just continued to clean the same spot on the same bench. Paul grabbed the cloth off April and threw it.

“The bench isn’t getting any cleaner, April.”

“What are you doing?” April asked with as much aggression as she was being given. “I was cleaning off a stain.”

“You’re a bloody wacko.” Paul barked.

April pushed past him to get to the cloth but Paul beat her to it and held it up high for her not to reach.

“Give it back!” April demanded.

“Not until you realise that you have done the wrong thing.”

“Well leaving it in the lounge room is the wrong thing.”

“Nan told me to.” Paul lowered his voice to calmly explain. “My mum left it on the lawn while we were out as some kind of sick way to abandon me. I couldn’t bring myself to put it away just yet.”

“Oh.” April felt slightly embarrassed. “I just wanted everything to be clean.”

“Why?”

“Just because.” April snatched the cloth back off Paul and returned to the bench. “I just get anxious when it’s not.” She began scrubbing again.

“You got OCD?” Paul asked rather abruptly.

April nodded slightly embarrassingly.

“My dad has that. Do you know what I find works for him?”

“What’s that?” April stopped cleaning and watched the boy.

Paul opened the fridge and grabbed a plate of leftover spaghetti.

“Eating?” April asked as she watched Paul unwrap the plastic wrap that was covering the food.

“Nah…” Paul held the plate up and smiled at April before turning the plate upside down and letting the food fall to the ground.

“Are you crazy?” April asked as she went to clean up the mess that he made.

“It’s alright…” Paul blocked her from the mess.

“You can’t just mess up the kitchen like that, I’ve spent all afternoon cleaning it.”

“Yeah I can.” Paul told her with a shrug.

“Let me clean it.” April almost demanded trying to get past him again.

“I will.” Paul smiled. “I’ll help you. But it can wait.” He could see the girl was fuming. “How was school?”

“It was okay…” April answered but her concentration was on the mess. “…Irene will go off when she sees that.”

“No she won’t.” Paul assured her confidently. “What happened?”

“When?”

“At school?”

“You know Xavier?” April began to explain although still kept her eyes on the mess. “I had to explain to him why I broke up with him.”

“Why did you break up with him?” Paul asked slowly removing himself as a wall between April and the mess.

April turned to Paul. “He um well I don’t really see him the same way anymore, I mean I do care for him a lot but he feels more like a friend then a boyfriend.”

“Oh yeah? Didn’t you say he left you at a protest…?”

“Yeah…” April quickly answered. “He did but that’s not why I broke up with him, I just used it as an excuse if you know what I mean.”

“Yeap…” Paul nodded. “Kind of like what my mum is doing with me…” Paul said as he realised it for himself. “Using the assault as a way to get me out of her life.”

“You really think that’s what she is doing?”

“Yeap. She can’t handle me not being her real son.”

Archived