The Beach House

Guest Perry

Oh, another bathroom incident at Irene's... They really need to get a lock on that door. And why do they have the teenagers sleeping downstairs anyway?

But I digress. A believable and funny chapter, looks like April and Paul may have some kind of happening. Am I blind or have I missed what Paul actually looks like? I imagine him dark haired but...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I blind or have I missed what Paul actually looks like? I imagine him dark haired but...

Quite the opposite :P

Mark was taller then his brother Paul but Paul was bigger, stronger, faster and meaner. Mark used his arm to wipe his brow before moving the pads to Paul’s waist height. Both boys were very good looking but in different ways, Mark was a thin, lanky pretty boy with reddish hair and blue eyes where Paul was a rugged well built sixteen year old with white blond hair and ocean blue eyes.

I keep picturing Irene's son Nathan when I write him well what I can remember of him.

Glad you guys are all liking it.

EIGHT

APRIL’S STORY

April, wearing her school uniform, walked along the pier, she stopped and leaned over one of the pillars to look out to the ocean. She was thinking, and hard.

“What are you thinking about?” A familiar voice asked.

April turned around to see her best friend, Dexter. “Me? Think?” April laughed. She sat down with her feet dangling over the side and Dexter joined her, sitting down next to her. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

“Well then why don’t you start with what’s going on and see if I can decipher?”

April fiddled with the charm on her bracelet, looking down at the 16 key her sister got her on her 16th.

“Xavier?” Dexter guessed.

April nodded. “Well yeah and no, I feel a bit guilty.”

“Because you broke up with him over something that wasn’t really his fault?” Dexter slightly bothered by April’s fiddling placed his hand on hers.

“I don’t regret breaking up with him…” April started fiddling with Dexter’s finger tips instead of her bracelet. “I just…” April snorted when she couldn’t finish her own sentence, she didn’t know how to. “I don’t know.”

“Sometimes…” Dexter removed his hand from April’s grip and placed it on her knee. “We do things that seem right at the time but then later you realise it wasn’t such a good idea, like I don’t know wearing a pink shirt to the school dance or for another example you getting back with Xavier in the first place when your heart really wasn’t in it.”

“How did you know?”

“Well…” Dexter gave her a cheeky a smile. “…It took many pain staking hours doing different experiments and reaching a different hypothesis every time, so in short I basically took the influx of sodium ions and mixed them with the prokaryotic organisms and discovered that I have in fact found myself in the same situation as you are only the other way around.”

“You and Adrienne?”

Dexter nodded. “She pulled my heart out, cryogenically froze it and then shattered it right in front of me.”

April took in what Dexter was saying. “And now I’m doing it to Xavier and making it feel like he’s done something wrong when he hasn’t.”

Dexter nodded, he placed his hand around his friends shoulder. “So you need to let him down gently.” He then laughed. “I suggest making out in front of him would work.”

April cuddled into Dexter and looked him in the eyes. She bit her lip and grinned seductively. She put her lips to his ears and whispered softly to him. “In your dreams.” She laughed hysterically and gave him a friendly nudge.

“Yeah yeah very funny.” Dexter stood up. “We better go to English.”

“Okay, I’m coming.”

Dexter put his hand out to help April up, April then noticed Paul walking into the diner.

“You go ahead, I’ll meet you there.”

NINE

PAUL & APRIL’S STORY

Paul walked into the diner and sat down at a table, Indigo who was wiping down another table spotted the boy.

“Hey, are you Paul?” Indigo asked with a friendly voice.

“How’d you guess?” Paul asked as he eyed off the sexy waitress.

“Irene told me to keep an eye out for a muscled blond boy with a bruised face.” Indigo answered before realising it sounded a little offensive.

“Right…” Paul responded a little disgruntled. “…Is she around?”

“She went to the bank but shouldn’t be too long.” She finished wiping the table. “Did you want anything?”

Paul placed his hands in his pockets. “I’m broke.”

“I’m sure Irene won’t mind…” Indigo smiled. She placed the cloth in the pocket of her apron and grabbed her notepad. “…What would you like?”

“Just a…” Paul shrugged. “Chocolate milkshake?”

“Can you make that two?” April asked Indigo as she sat down at the table with Paul. “Did you have a look around the Bay?” She asked Paul.

“No not really.” Paul smiled. “Shouldn’t you be at school?”

“I’ve got a free period.”

“And they let you just hang around town?” Paul was a little surprised. “My school…” He realised what he said and had to correct himself. “…My old school locked us in until three.”

April laughed. “Are you going to enrol here?”

“I’m not sure how long I’m staying for…” Paul shrugged. “I might be in juvie soon anyway and I won’t have to worry about it.”

“Yeah I heard about that. Must be hard.”

“Well Nan and I have a meeting with a guy from legal aid soon so hopefully everything will work out.”

“I’m sure it will.”

Indigo placed their milkshakes on their table.

“Well I didn’t do anything wrong.” He grabbed his milkshake and drank some of it before putting it back down. “So what grade are you in?” He asked changing the subject.

“I’m in year twelve.” She took a sip of her own drink. “What about you?”

“Eleven.” Paul hoped she wouldn’t hold that against him. “So I heard that you are quite the little criminal yourself, chaining yourself to trees and hitting policemen with signs and that.”

April laughed. “No nothing like that. My protests are peaceful. No violence at all.”

“Well did you want me to show you some boxing moves…?” Paul punched the air in front of him showing off a little to April. “…You know just in case?”

“Nah.” She pushed her almost full milkshake towards Paul and stood up. “Have the rest of this I’ve got to get back to school.”

“Well…” Paul stood up as well. “…Nan’s not back yet so I’ll walk you?”

“You don’t have to.”

They started to head out. “I’ve got to walk off the milkshake anyway.”

“Half a milkshake won’t make you fat.” April laughed.

Xavier walked into the diner and saw the two teenagers laughing and what looked like flirting. April saw Xavier and lead Paul towards another door.

“April?” Xavier chased after her. “April can we talk?”

April and Paul stopped.

“I’ve got to get to class Xav...” She said politely. “…I will talk to you later I promise.”

April and Paul continued out but Xavier grabbed April’s arm, Paul in response grabbed Xavier’s and gripped onto him tightly.

“If you want to keep that hand you’ll get it off her.” Paul warned.

Xavier let go of April and gently rubbed his arm where Paul had hurt him. “I’m sorry April, I’m just… this is… I’m sorry.”

April acknowledged his apology with a nod before heading off to school with Paul.

Archived