The Beach House

Guest Perry

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEVENTEEN

APRIL & PAUL’S STORY

April emerged from her bedroom looking a little uneasy, she was dressed in a lovely pink satin pyjama dress and was yawning widely and loudly. She used her knuckles to wipe the sleep from her eyes and then she was able to see Irene in the kitchen, stirring her coffee.

“Morning love, didn’t sleep too well hey?” Irene said in a tone too bubbly for seven a.m.

“Yeah.” April murmured. “Is Paul up yet?” She asked hoping not to sound too eager.

“Not yet love.” Irene took a sip of her drink. “You two didn’t stay up too late did you?”

“We had Titanic on so you know how long that movie goes for.” April started to feel more vigilant. “Did he tell you he was going to start school today?”

Irene shook her head. She placed her coffee mug on the table. “That’s news to me love but it does make sense to start him sooner rather then later, I just wasn’t going to rush him into it with everything he’s got going on right now.”

“Yeah well I got to do something with myself.” Paul commented as he emerged from his bedroom wearing only white boxer briefs. “Keep it cool, stay in school or something like that.”

April smiled coyly and watched the boy as he walked past both herself and Irene and went into the fridge.

“Paul, love, you are living in this house with three women you might want to have a little more on when you come out of your room.” Irene lectured the teenager.

Paul shrugged before grabbing a carton of orange juice from the fridge. “Why? April’s showing more skin then I am.” Paul choked. “I can pretty much see her tits through her dress.”

“Paul…” Irene said in shock of his comment.

“I know two Polar bears that act just like you.” April mouthed off at the boy before walking into the bathroom.

“Watch your mouth boy.” Irene warned her teenage (grand)son.

“Sorry mum…” Paul said sincerely. “…I’m just a little upset about something that happened last night.”

Irene was taken aback by the mum comment it took her a bit to react to him. “What happened?” She finally decided to ignore the remark and focus on what had upset him.

“Last night I kind of kissed her and then bang, bang, she shot me down.”

Irene chuckled a little before realising he was little distressed she wrapped her arm around him. “What am I going to do with you?” She kissed him on his forehead.

April walked to school by herself, she could have gotten in with Bianca, Irene and Paul but was still rather upset by his comment and confused by the kiss, she needed the time to think. She got to the gate when a bus had stopped just outside the school. Dexter got off the bus and ran eagerly towards April, greeting his best friend with a smile.

“What’s it like having a new brother?” He asked with a sarcastic tone.

“Don’t say that, it’s gross.” April shook her head in disgust. “He’s not my brother.”

The two teens walked into the grounds and walked towards the building.

“Well he’s not a brother but he’s probably going to be close to being one.” Dexter corrected.

“Oh I don’t want to think about that.”

“Not going to well?”

“Dex!” April snapped. “What’s with all the questions about Paul?”

They walked inside the building and April spotted Paul, dressed in jeans and a school shirt a little too tight to fit him. He was with Irene and Bianca and from what April could see had only just been introduced to Gina. They walked up the stairs to Gina’s office. Dexter took notice of April watching him.

“Did something happen? Did you have a fight?” He questioned.

“He kissed me.” April confessed rather briskly. “We were arguing, he kissed me and I just stood there.”

“The kiss was that bad?”

“No…” April shook her head. “It just took me by surprise.”

“So?” Dexter smiled eagerly awaiting more information. “Good surprise? Bad surprise? Would have rathered a better surprise?”

“It was a surprise.” April acknowledged. “I like him, I would have liked it if I had expected it. But maybe I need to know more about him.”

“What else do you need to know?” Dexter gave her something to think about.

EIGHTEEN

PAUL’S STORY

Paul slouched down in the seat opposite Gina’s, the Principal had gotten to him. Irene was sitting next to him, she placed her hand on top of Paul’s in a move that comforted the upset teenager. Bianca included herself by leaning against the back wall and listened in.

“…I’m not denying you an education…” Gina clarified. “…I just don’t feel comfortable putting you into year eleven considering the significant amount of schooling you have missed this year.”

“I was in hospital.” Paul opposed her authority.

“This school is constantly under fire from the department because of the amount of students that have to be held back each year.” Gina talked to both Irene and Paul. “I’m more then happy to have him in year ten for the remainder of the year and start year eleven again next year but as for him going into year eleven now then no I’m sorry it won’t happen at this school.”

“Well then what’s the point of going back to school?” A frustrated Paul asked the educator.

“Well that’s your choice to make.” Gina almost snapped.

“Maybe we can enrol you next year?” Irene suggested to him.

Paul shrugged. “I guess there’s no harm in going back. It’s a new school, new start.”

“You don’t have to go back to school right now, with everything you’ve got going on at the moment…” Irene tapped his leg to show him support.

“Well mum with everything I’ve got going on right now I need to do something or I’ll go nuts.” Paul responded. “I’ll go back in year ten if you think it’s best.” He looked at Gina and smiled sincerely to her.

Gina returned his smile. “Well welcome to Summer Bay High Paul.” She shook the young man’s hand. “I’m sorry I’ll just get you to wait outside and I’ll call your old school principal back and see if I can get all your classes sorted.”

Paul nodded and both he and Irene stood up.

“Thank you very much for this Gina.” Irene thanked her friend.

“You’re very welcome Irene and if you need any help at all, have any questions just ask Bianca or myself, that goes for you too Paul.” She waved them off and grabbed the telephone on her desk.

Bianca nodded before leaving the office herself.

Bianca, Irene and Paul stood in the corridor just outside Gina’s office.

“Are you sure you’re ok with being held back?” Irene asked Paul. “I really don’t think it’s fair on you, you’re a smart kid.”

“What am I going to do about it? Paul shrugged. “As long as I’m kept busy and can still do PE, I’m happy.”

Irene acknowledged with a nod.

“If you need to get to work Irene, I don’t have a class to second period.” Bianca kindly suggested.

Irene looked down at her watch. “Oh that would be good love.” She wrapped her handbag properly around her shoulder then she placed her hand on Paul’s shoulder. “You going to be alright love?”

Paul nodded.

Irene then walked down the corridor towards the stairwell.

Paul looked at Bianca. “This school’s kind of small.” Paul commented.

Bianca nodded. “There’s around thirty students per grade.”

Paul looked around at the surroundings, the cold blue walls, the inspirational posters with inspirational quotes, even though it was a small school it was still just a school. He noticed someone walking towards him, Liam Murphy.

“It’s Liam Murphy.” He whispered to Bianca.

Bianca looked at Liam and then rolled her eyes. As Liam walked past he smiled and nodded at Bianca but she didn’t even look at him.

“Why can’t you just talk to him?” Paul asked the older woman. “Sort through whatever is going on.”

Bianca looked as Liam as he stopped just outside a classroom, an older female colleague walked out of the classroom and Bianca watched as the two teachers chatted.

“Because I don’t even know what my problem is.” Bianca confessed honestly.

“Well you might want to figure it out soon.” Paul suggested.

“Well why don’t you just go and talk to him?” Bianca retorted. “You’re supposedly a huge fan.”

Paul looked over at Liam, the colleague and Liam had just finished the conversation and she walked back into her classroom. Liam started heading back towards Bianca and Paul. Paul eagerly walked over to the former rock star.

“Hi Liam Murphy.” Paul looked up at the taller man with a smile. “I’m Paul, I’m new here. I live with Bianca and April.”

Liam politely smiled. “Did she tell you to talk to me?”

“Well yeah, um…” Paul answered nervously. “Oh no not like… I’m a huge fan.”

“Well you tell Bianca…” Liam raised his voice so his girlfriend could hear. “…If she has something to say she can come right here and say it.” Liam stormed off downstairs.

Paul, slightly pissed off walked the opposite direction.

“Where are you going?” Bianca called out.

Paul ignored her and disappeared around the corner.

Gina emerged from her office and was slightly surprised to see Bianca alone, standing just outside her office. “Oh, Bianca.”

“Did you get a hold of the principal from his old school?” Bianca asked.

Gina nodded before looking around. “Where are they?”

“Irene had to go to work and Paul, I guess he went to the toilet.”

“Well it seems Paul might have had a bullying problem at his old school.”

“Well that’s not surprising…” Bianca responded. “…He’s been a bit short tempered and he’s a lot…” She tried to think of the right word to describe him. “…fitter then most kids his age.”

“Oh no…” Gina clarified. “…Paul was the one who was being bullied.”

Archived