The Beach House

Guest Perry

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEN

APRIL, LIAM & BIANCA’S STORY

Paul and April stopped at the school gate they tried to finish up their conversation but they were interrupted by the loud roar of a motorbike engine. The rider parked the bike in the staff car park very close to where April and Paul were standing. Paul watched as the man took off his helmet and walked towards the school building.

“Holy ****…” Paul said with enthusiasm. “…That’s Liam Murphy, what’s he doing at your school?”

“He teaches here.” April answered with a cackle. “He’s also dating my sister.”

“Yeah right.” Paul responded in disbelief after a pause he realised that April was being honest. “For Real?” Paul watched as Liam talked to some students just metres from where he was standing. “Could you introduce me?”

“I’ve got to get to class but I will later.”

“Alright.” Paul nodded and started backing away. “Can you apologise to that guy for me as well?”

“Don’t worry about Xavier I will talk to him.” April walked onto the school grounds and waved Paul off. “Thanks for walking with me.”

April caught up to Liam and the two walked inside the school together.

“April.” Liam greeted the teen with a tentative smile. “Have you spoken to your sister?”

“Yeah this morning briefly.” April responded as she walked with the teacher down the hallway.

“Did she say anything about me?”

“Uh…” April thought. “…I said to her something along the lines of I thought you sleeping over Liam’s and she grunted, mumbled, cursed and then did this funny thing with her hand…” April showed Liam what she meant by giving him what looked like a royal wave only done backwards. “…If you do see her maybe apologise.”

“What for?” Liam snorted.

“I don’t know Mr Murphy, what did you do?”

“Nothing…” Liam answered with a chuckle. “…Well I probably should have handled it better…” Liam then realised who it was he was speaking to and stopped himself. “Maybe you should just talk to her about it.”

Both of them then saw Bianca walking to the same staircase they were about to walk up. Liam and Bianca both ignored each other and both waited for the other one to walk up the stairs first.

“Yeah I just might.” April said to Liam with a cheeky smile.

Liam caved and walked up the stairs. Bianca and April gave him time before they started to walk up themselves.

“What were you talking to him about?” Bianca asked her sister while Liam was still in earshot.

“Just schoolwork.” April lied.

“Oh…” Bianca responded dissatisfied. “So you decided to take music half way through year 12?”

“Maybe.” April laughed at her own stupidity. “What happened last night?”

“How about this, when you tell me why you broke up with Xavier, I will tell you why I didn’t stay the night at Liam’s.”

They reached the level and walked along the hallway.

“Fine…” April agreed. “…I broke up with Xavier because I realised that getting back together with him wasn’t a good idea so when he left me at the Factory I used it as an excuse.”

“Well…” Bianca said a little surprised. “…Surprisingly blunt and honest.”

“So?” April waited for an answer to her question.

Bianca looked to see if anybody was around when she saw there wasn’t she stopped April. “He’s not…” Bianca felt awkward. “…We haven’t had sex in weeks and he turned me down for the umpteenth time last night and I was a little annoyed and left.”

April tried to think of the right advice for her to give her sister but came up blank.

“…I think he might be cheating on me.” Bianca confessed trying to hold back tears.

“That’s crazy.”

“But when Vittorio…”

“Bianca he is not cheating on you.” April almost yelled at her.

“Well then why won’t he…?”

“Well here’s a crazy idea…” April goaded. “…Why don’t you ask him?”

Bianca took a moment to take in what April said. “Well…” She didn’t like that her younger half-sister had outsmarted her again.

Archived