The Beach House

Guest Perry

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Paul how many times..?" Sid lost his patience, quite literally too, Paul needed to settle down and quick. He paced back and forth in his room. "There was nobody here, it wasn't your Uncle Joe or whatever you called him."

Paul sat back down on the hospital bed. "I know what I saw."

"Look you have a brain injury, you aren't thinking clearly. Nobody's been in your room since Ruby left 15 minutes ago."

"Are you certain?"

Sid nodded. "You need to focus on getting better so your fit for your hearing tomorrow."

"They can't delay it until I get better?"

Sid shook his head. "Sorry mate but on the bright side I've written the judge a statement explaining your injury in detail and your recent behaviour. It isn't all your fault Paul, the judge will see that and he would have to put that in consideration."

Paul collapsed his face into his hands. "Yeah right." He giggled.

"Why did you have to take him here for? He deserves everything he gets..." Sid and Paul heard the commotion outside and Sid left the room to see what was going on. A curious Paul stuck his head out the door.

Trey walked in to the waiting room holding a piece of bloody tissue to his bleeding nose, John and Gina were following him with Xavier.

"What's going on?" Sid asked with authority.

"He hit me..." Trey told Sid pointing to Xavier.

"Well there's still more to come..." Xavier stormed towards the injured teen, fists closed and ready for action.

"Calm down Xav..." John held him back. "He's been released from Juvie and had nowhere else to go."

"Well if you all calm down,I'll take a look at that nose." Sid stepped towards Trey and held his face as he inspected Xavier's damage.

"Please tell me I broke it..." Xavier smiled. "At least left permanent damage like what would have happened if we were in the bus when the bomb went off."

"Take him home!" John ordered Gina who gave him a stare that could kill before doing what her husband had asked by leading her son out of the hospital.

"I might have to send you to radiology..." Sid explained to the boy. "I have to get you to fill out some paperwork..."

"I can do it. I'm his legal guardian." John told sid before looking to Trey. "Will you be right?" Trey nodded and John walked towards the front desk with Sid.

Trey went to sit down to wait but Paul walked over to him. "Did you really just come out of Juvie?" Paul asked with little tact.

Trey nodded. "What's it to you?"

"I broke my step-dad's jaw and going to court tomorrow."

"Don't get on with your step-dad hey?" Trey giggled."What did he do? For you to hit him?"

Paul pointed to one of the bruises on his cheek. "Just that one though, I don't usually let many punches in."

"Could of fooled me." Trey laughed.

"What was Juvie like?"

"It sucked dude, really badly... longest three years of my life." Trey shook his head. "Should have kept running when I had the chance."

"You didn't have to drive me home." April smiled politely at Heath who parked his ute just outside the Beach House.

"Yeah I did, I couldn't let you walk home after a miscarriage..." Heath realised he just said the m word. "Sorry." He apologised sincerely.

"It's okay." April smiled. "I'm actually kind of thankfull, I'm not ready to be a mum."

"Well if you need to talk..." Heath stopped himself. "...You can call Ruby but if you ever just want to hang out..." Heath looked at her and smiled. "...Call me?"

April nodded "I will." She tried to open the door but the handle wouldn't work, she kept trying but it was stuck.

Heath leaned over her. "You can't be gentle with it you kind of need to force it to work." He pulled at the handle and the door opened.

April smiled and the two looked at each other for a moment.

"I better..." April seperated himself from Heath and his ute. "Thanks for today."

"Get some rest."

April walked towards her door and Heath waited and watched to make sure she got in safe.

Archived