And Just Like That - Everything Changes (by KirstyEkua) - comments

-Kevin-

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She closed her eyes, resting her head on his shoulder. Tony let the tears flow silently. He looked at his baby, squirming away in his wife's arms. She had Jack’s eyes.. It made his heart melt. He knew he’d never get over losing his son. But he realised now Jack would always be there, with him somewhere. And perhaps in some way he lived on in his new daughter. Or maybe he was just being silly. It comforted him though and nothing could ever take that away. He rested his head on Rachel’s and closed his eyes, savouring the moment when he knew everything was going to be just fine.

That made me cry, is that weird ? :P

great capter Kirsty :D

She closed her eyes, resting her head on his shoulder. Tony let the tears flow silently. He looked at his baby, squirming away in his wife's arms. She had Jack’s eyes.. It made his heart melt. He knew he’d never get over losing his son. But he realised now Jack would always be there, with him somewhere. And perhaps in some way he lived on in his new daughter. Or maybe he was just being silly. It comforted him though and nothing could ever take that away. He rested his head on Rachel’s and closed his eyes, savouring the moment when he knew everything was going to be just fine.

Aww Kirsty, I wanted to point out this bit as well like others have because it was so so lovely and reminded me of when Tony first stated to accept Jack's death and noticed Rachel's baby bump for the first time. It feels like Tony's really come full circle.

I LOVED your description of Tony getting all panicky trying to rush her to the hospital and Rachel's all chilled knowing she has hours yet :lol: Very realistic reaction for Rachel as she's a doctor but it was nice that she opened up to Tony about how scared she was and how he promised he wouldn't leave her :wub:

The way you wrote the birth was lovely because I don't think we need to hear all the gritty details :lol: Just hearing it from Rachel's point of view was nice and then from Tony's to, it was just all such a lovely chapter I'm all choked up haha. Baby girl Tachel sounds soooo cute and it was nice that you acknowledged how Rachel realised she was now a Mum because I think it's tempting for all the focus to be on Tony seeing as he lost a child and we can forget how much Rachel has gone through to have a child.

Perfect chapter :wink: Please update soon!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY, I have managed to catch up and wow, I can't believe I stayed away so long!! I think it's great you've brought her Dad back into her life - sort of anyway - I felt so sorry for Tony when she was annoyed with him but then I can see that her Dad would be a very emotional thing to be surprised with. The whole chapter was written to absolute perfection.

And hooray for the return of Brad!!

You’ve put on a bit of weight there though sis,’ Brad joked as he walked into the living room and placed his bag on the floor.

I loved that line!

Two friends had randomly showed up from the city, forcing themselves into her house with wine and Doritos. She hated Doritos.

I don't know why but there was something really poignant about that line - just the irrational angry thoughts you have when you're grieving I guess. Poor Martha, she's so lost. That part made my arm go all floppy, I'm so squeamish! But it was sooo well described, horrible but beautiful.

Leah and Hugo were cute :) And the Brad and Rachel scene was great, it explained so much and I love that you recreated their close sibling bond so perfectly. And the Tachel fluff was cutteee!! :wub:

And last but not least the awesomeness that was the arrival of baby Tachel :D The first bit was sooo funny. Tony's such an idiot, but a loveable one! And the rest of the chapter was so lovely, really really beautiful.

I feel like I've left out loads more that I wanted to say! But to sum up I love this fic, you're a brilliant writer and I can't wait for the next installment. :)