Gay Love

Guest Yankee White

I don't really have any views on gay people. People are people, to me it makes no difference who they're into, what their skin colour is, where they're from. Nothing about that has any affect on how good a person you are so therefore takes no part in my judgement of everyone as an individual, no matter what minority group you might belong to.

I do agree with, I think it was Foxy, about some of the gay community actually setting themselves apart by protesting so much for gay rights, when really they have all the same rights these days as heterosexuals. Although, could someone quickly clear something up, is the legal age of when homosexuals are allowed to have sex still eighteen? Or was it moved down to sixteen? I don't know.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i can't judge anyone who is gay or straight as im bi (or as many others may call greedy :P)

Haha, well, I guess I should mention then, that I am, as Cal (I think) so eloquently put it; braight. If you were wondering, the definition for that word is that you're really heterosexual... With the occasional exception :P

Me for example, I'm more hetero than I'm bi, but there are probably women who would make me give up that title without much hesitation :P

I think I would class myself as that, although recently it seems far less straight. :P I don't tell myself I want a guy tonight or a girl, it is all about who has that effect on me and I believe that sexuality is a sliding scale, I doubt you can be 100% gay or 100% straight or half and half. It all depends on the person.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched "Prayers for Bobby". Good movie, I've seen better LGBT themed movies though. I think I liked both "The Matthew Shepard story" (also based on a true story) and possibly "Poster Boy" better. None of them can even compare with the best movie ever made (and not just og LGBT themes movies, but movies in general) though, even if that's a documentary. I know I'm like a broken record here, but if you haven't already seen "For the Bible Tells me so", do it tomorrow. I even forced it on my entire class by recommending it to my religion teacher who ended up showing it to the entire class :P

I think I would class myself as that, although recently it seems far less straight. :P I don't tell myself I want a guy tonight or a girl, it is all about who has that effect on me and I believe that sexuality is a sliding scale, I doubt you can be 100% gay or 100% straight or half and half. It all depends on the person.

I agree 100% with that. That's exactly how I feel.

I just watched "Prayers for Bobby". Good movie, I've seen better LGBT themed movies though. I think I liked both "The Matthew Shepard story" (also based on a true story) and possibly "Poster Boy" better. None of them can even compare with the best movie ever made (and not just og LGBT themes movies, but movies in general) though, even if that's a documentary. I know I'm like a broken record here, but if you haven't already seen "For the Bible Tells me so", do it tomorrow. I even forced it on my entire class by recommending it to my religion teacher who ended up showing it to the entire class :P

Yay "For the Bible Tells me so" is on Youtube Eli.

I am gona watch it later :D

I looked that up on Youtube a few months ago to watch after reading about it, but it wasn't on there. I'm glad it's on there now, thanks for reporting it here, I'll have to watch it later on. It's supposed to be really good & interesting. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think being gay is completely normal, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with it, i myself have been on a big journey of self discovery as im at that age where im learning new things about myself, last year was when i asked myself the 'big question' that many people do fear 'am i gay' and i came to the conclusion that im bisexual or 'greedy :P' as many call me but im still only young and as my mum said 'i think it's just a phase as you are still young' but still i accepted it's who i am and it will be a big part of my life forever and seriously i always thought my mum would kill me if she ever knew as she did use to say its disgusting etc but when i finally had the courage to tell her she gave me a big hug and told me everything will be alright and since then we are even more close so people who are in the closet shouldn't be ashamed and she is even more considerate when it comes to gay people now which made me feel much better :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay. I have two aunts who are gay. But one thing I do not like is it being thrust into my face. "IM GAY DON'T YOU DARE DISS ME OR I'LL BASH YOUR FACE IN" I have met people with attitudes like that.

But apart from that - what's da big deal? Two people who are in love are two people who are in love, whether they're man or woman or both?

Archived