Gay Love

Guest Yankee White

I think I would class myself as that, although recently it seems far less straight. :P I don't tell myself I want a guy tonight or a girl, it is all about who has that effect on me and I believe that sexuality is a sliding scale, I doubt you can be 100% gay or 100% straight or half and half. It all depends on the person.

I agree 100% with that. That's exactly how I feel.

omg I am feeling all over the place now at the moment . I was out last night and was surrounded by gorgeous girls and was strangely attracted to them and now im so confused.

I know what Dean says now about not going out for a girl or a guy but whatever you get your hands on :lol:

I haven't any notion of whats going on because I thought I was gay but im not so sure now.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the principle of attraction will be tehre in both sexes. And just ebcause you think you are gay doesn't mean you have to classify yourself as a 100% gay, because like Dean said, I don't think anyone can be 100% gay. Because if you take I dont know, celebrities for example. Most people will get crushes on a few during their life time, some male and some female, sometimes based on looks, sometimes based on other things. I think life is a bit like that. Even if you are seeking a man for a long term relationship, if it's men you are primarily attracted to, there's no harm in looking.

As they say, Try before you buy. But I didn't use that saying because it just sounds wrong.

Yuck yuck I have a girlfriend (we are getting married in 3 yrs) sorry but dont ask me why but sorry if I sound horrible!!

OK why did you feel the need to come in here and say such a derogatory thing . People on here are gay and let me tell you it doesn't help their confidence or self esteem when they are referred to as "yuck yuck"

I respect that this is how you feel and all that but it'd be nice for you to respect others.

I've been researching LGBT rights in Ireland [actually stalking wikipedia], and I tell you, they are insane. Okay, LGBT people have some rights here, but they're just random. Let me give you a list:

Homosexuality legal - YES (Was illegal until 1993!)

Equal age of consent - YES

Anti-discrimination laws in employment - YES

Anti-discrimination laws in the provision of goods and services - YES

Anti-discrimination laws in all other areas - YES

Recognition of same-sex couples - NO (But might change this year or next year)

Adoption by single gays - YES

Adoption by same-sex couples - NO

Fostering by same-sex couples - YES

Gays allowed to serve in the military - YES

Right to change legal gender - NO (Under appeal)

Access to IVF for lesbians - NO (challenged)

MSMs allowed to donate blood - NO (challenged)

I don't see the difference between Fostering and Adoption. Okay, I know what the actual difference is, but in relation to Gay rights, I don't see how one is legal and the other isn't.

Gay men who have had

oral or anal sex, even with "protection",

are not allowed to donate blood, but the IBTS has publicly said it is discriminating towards Gay people, yet still have the ban in place. :rolleyes:

Civil Unions and Registered Partnerships might become legal in Ireland within the next few years. "The most recent survey, carried out in 2008, showed that 84% of Irish people supported civil marriage or civil partnerships for same-sex couples, with 58% (up from 51%) supporting full marriage rights in registry offices. The number who believe same-sex couples should only be allowed to have civil partnerships fell in the same period, from 33% to 26%." - I hope same-sex marriage will become legal, and not just unions. "Will you 'Civil Union' me?" :blink:

Omg I so didn't know it was illegal till 1993 in Ireland, though I'm not too surprised really but my god, I thought that Scotland and Northern Ireland were bad as being 1980 and 84 that they decriminalised it, that is awful but at least it is now legal and at least they are making progress with other issues for gay people too. Everyone deserves to have the same things everyone else is intitled to, regardless of gender, sexuality, race etc. Equal rights for all.

I'm either bisexual or lesbian myself but lately I've been thinking I prefer the girls, cause I do find men attractive, people off tv, celebs, films etc and some men I meet in real life too, but men that i've been with I've never really got into it completely and after last monday when I met this fit guy but then didn't really enjoy myself as much as I know I should have, I just thought that I'd felt more from even just kissing a girl. But in a way I don't always see the need to label as such, love is love.

I go out on the gay scene a lot. I love it how we have quite a big one here, and I've made so many gay lad mates (and a couple of girls but mainly guys) because of it! I wouldn't change them for the world, I love them so much especially the 3 I'm closest too but we usually go out in quite a big group, last night we went out dressed as sailors cause one of them is going to work as a hairdresser on a cruise ship (good times!) I also have love for lots of shows like Queer as Folk UK and US but especially the original which I have on dvd. Sugar Rush, Will & Grace, The L Word. Also The Matthew Shepherd (I cried my eyes out), I also watched Bent on Saturday which was amazing and so so sad.

I agree Cal. I really hope that full same-sex marriage becomes legal sometime soon, oh and I hope that they will let same-sex couples adopt in Ireland and anywhere else where it is prohibited and not just single gays. I'm loving that a few countries like South Africa, Canada and Sweden and 4 US states have legalised same-sex marriage.

It makes me sad that in some countries around the world you can get the death penalty or life imprisonment. Also that so many people get bullied, killed or commit suicide because of being gay/or people assuming they are gay. All this needs to change.

• 1 month later...

^^ Perez just reported this. It's about our Bill to legalize same-sex marriage... but they're being idiots and the Bill will be for a Civil Partnerships. <_<

http://www.marriagequality.ie/news/2009/06...rtnership-bill/

A referendum for Gay marriage to be legalized would be highly successful here. Numerous opinion polls suggest the Yes (for Gay marriage) would be at 80%, which is HUGE for a country where 90% of the population is Christian!

This just reeks of FF and their "We do what we want" attitude. I wish they'd disappear and Labour were in power, then we'd get things done properly. <_<

I was just reading what you were saying above about the laws here, Cal. I never knew it was illegal until 1993 :o That really shocked me. I don't get why they wouldn't support something that the people want! Afterall, they are supposed to be making things better for the people and try their best to give what the people want. Why ignore this when it is clearly being in favour by the people. Sad, very sad news. I hope there will come a day when gay marriage is legalised here and everyone has equal rights like it should be.

To answer this topic;

Absolutely fine by me. :) I have nothing against gay love and never have. I have many gay friends and bisexual friends and I would always except them for who they are. Love shouldn't be about gender at all. We should all be allowed to love who we want to love.

I was just reading what you were saying above about the laws here, Cal. I never knew it was illegal until 1993 :o That really shocked me. I don't get why they wouldn't support something that the people want! Afterall, they are supposed to be making things better for the people and try their best to give what the people want. Why ignore this when it is clearly being in favour by the people. Sad, very sad news. I hope there will come a day when gay marriage is legalised here and everyone has equal rights like it should be.

I know there were a few countries which brought in Civil Partnerships first and then legalized Same-Sex marriage a few years later. I think that's how Belgium did it. And there was an article on the front page of the Irish Times on Monday (?) which said Civil Partnerships (straight, not gay) will be more popular than religious weddings in 2012. If this is true, then I think same-sex marriage will be legalized before then. Also, from what I've read, I don't think the Civil Partnership Bill will be put to referendum. I don't know why, but I guess it doesn't affect the constitution, so maybe it doesn't have to be put to vote. :)

Archived