Gay Love

Guest Yankee White

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my! There are a lot of long posts to read when I've only just woken up :P This could be fun.

It seems like there are alot of people that have problems with Gays in here :rolleyes:

Just coming back to this for a minute, I don't think that's strictly true. Only 1 has expressed disapproval of homosexuality. (Possibly 1 or 2 more, that I missed) Regardless of whether I agree or not, that person is as much entitled to express their opinion as the rest of us. Putting them down for not agreeing doesn't make us seem any better. Bottom line is; not everyone is going to agree. Like Eli said, it's about respecting anothers opinion. Not agreeing them is fine as long as - if you wish to argue your case - you do so with the respect of others.

I will say that, as a Christian, I get offended when people assume that homophobia and religion go hand in hand. They don't have to.

Yeh, I don't get that either. Whilst I'm not religious, I do know that there are plenty of people with their own religions and beliefs that are accepting to homosexuality.

OK. That's enough now. Not awake properly yet! :P

It seems like there are alot of people that have problems with Gays in here :rolleyes:

Just coming back to this for a minute, I don't think that's strictly true. Only 1 has expressed disapproval of homosexuality. (Possibly 1 or 2 more, that I missed) Regardless of whether I agree or not, that person is as much entitled to express their opinion as the rest of us. Putting them down for not agreeing doesn't make us seem any better. Bottom line is; not everyone is going to agree. Like Eli said, it's about respecting anothers opinion. Not agreeing them is fine as long as - if you wish to argue your case - you do so with the respect of others.

I Know..

I respect people who don't believe in homosexuality - it's their opinion and I'm fine with it, I won't think any less of them because they don't approve of gays. but what I mean to say, is that i don't agree with them. This is why: I'm a believer in you cant help who you love. Fall in love with a serial killer, a janitor, a doctor, a person of the opposite sex - you can't help how you feel, how a person makes you feel, and it's all love.

I am straight, but I have strong opinions on this subject, because although I amn't a lesbian, I have 'liked' a girl before, and although it didn't end well (putting it mildly), it doesn't define me. I like guys, but i don't think wrong of myself because of her.

I'm not religious really, I don't have too strong a belief in god - hence I've never read the bible soI don't know what it says about homosexuals. But God seems decent, and he shouldn't sentance people to eternal damnation for loving someone. Anyone.

But Anwyays, What's Your Opinion On Gays? Do You Think It's Right, Or Wrong?

If you don't respect Gay/Lesbian people, you shouldn't be in here arguing about it, Im not. And no, I did not mean you.

I'm only online for a minute, therefore do not have time to fully state my opinion but I just want to point out, you did originally ask what everyone's opinion was, so I don't think you should be annoyed when Jess states her opinion.

lmao. I'm such a goofball. I didn't even think of copying and pasting. What'm I like? :lol::rolleyes:

If you manage to download it (Assuming you're not like me and give up :P) be sure to let us know what you think. :wink:

Now Amy I downloaded the film and watched it twice and I have to say I was completely blown away by it. The entire film was like an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish . It is definitely one of THE best films I've ever seen and I 100% reccomend everybody to have a lookout for it . Its called "Prayers For Bobby"

I just couldnt stop crying. Thinking how his mother could just think that he was wrong and sick and needed healing and was so sad to watch. :(

But the moment that she realises that it was her fault that he died was so amazing and brilliantly acted out by Sigourney Weaver. She realised then that God didnt curehim because there was nothing wrong with him. She then becomes involved in gay rights and at the end she ends up marching in a huge Gay Pride march in San Francisco . Please please people try and download it .

Thank you Pierced Musie for telling me about this film.

The film is a true story by the way

Archived