Gay Love

Guest Yankee White

So one of my friends has recently told me she thinks she’s gay and she fancies this girl in our grade. She wants to ask her out but she’s a bit shy but she’s like worried about what people will think of her if she tells people she’s gay. I want to be a supportive friend but I myself am unsure of same sex relationships. I am a Jehovah Witness and they forbid same sex relationship/marriages. I’m too terrified to tell my family about the state of affairs as they probably just suggest that I find another someone else to be friends with. I feel uncomfortable around these types of people. I feel this behaviour is wrong.

What should I do, I’m so confused.....I care about my friend and don't really want to lose her.

I’d like to hear your feelings towards same sex relationships??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My parents are Witnesses and they know i have no problem with same sex relationships.It's not a decision people make it's how their born and i don't see why they should be descriminated against for it.

I can understand how it might make some people uncomfortable but so long as she doesn't try and come on to you then i think you should stick by her.I don't think she should be made to feel like some criminal,it's not a crime and surely your friendship is based on more then her sexuality is it not?

What should I do, I’m so confused.....I care about my friend and don't really want to lose her.

Well, I was in the same position with one of my friends, he is gay and wanted to ask out another guy, he wanted my opinion and so I told him to go for it. In my opinion, Don't go living your life the way it pleases others instead of yourself.

For future reference, they are now going out. Yes, there are a couple of people who disagree with it, but hey. My friend is happy. :)

I don't know what the Jehovah's Witness stance is on homosexuality, be it strong or moderate etc., but I know some Catholics who strongly believe in God but support homosexuality, bisexuality and every other type of sexuality which is unfortunately tabooed by many religious organisations. What you have to remember is that this girl is your friend and you like her because it's her. You've been friends up until this point, so you obviously have many things in common and/or get along really well, so her sexuality really shouldn't be an issue because she hasn't changed. It's who she is and you're friends with that person.

This is just a random thing that I had to pass on. I was watching the 7pm Project tonight and they had footage of koalas mating, but the koalas were both female. The term "lesboalas" was born, and I wouldn't feel right if I didn't try and get the word into international circulation.

This is just a random thing that I had to pass on. I was watching the 7pm Project tonight and they had footage of koalas mating, but the koalas were both female. The term "lesboalas" was born, and I wouldn't feel right if I didn't try and get the word into international circulation.

Lesboalas!!! I love it. Lesbians should exclusively refer to themselves as such from now on, it's a much cuter word.

I'm not from the states, but as far as I know, gay marriage is a pretty touchy subject over there. Just like faith, politics and the like. To me it just seems like the nation that prides itself on equality, justice and freedom, and a society built on secular values, has fallen into a pit where people have too much freedom, and therefore they are able to let plain hate and bigotry influence major decisions that affects millions of lives. Here in Norway, where I'm from, a gay marriage bill was passed by our Parliament last year. There was no voting or big deal, it just happened. Of course, some people loved it and some hated it, but most people where just "like, whatever". I might be biased, but I think that it's not right for a nation to demand a person pay taxes, yet not grant them the same rights, or ask them to serve in the nation's armed forces, yet kick them out on the streets if they reveal they're gay, like the US does. :)

And marriage between first cousins may seem weird today, but it was not uncommon in many parts of the world a little over a century ago.

i play sport ok and some people think i am gay because football (soccer for some) has a reputation for having lezbian players and also that i have not had many boyfriends like and i think 2 myself am i then coz u think i am like but i know in my heart i am not coz i want the fancey husband and babies like but it does annoy me that people streotype me or my friends like:(

but i have to say i have nothing againest gays like coz some of my mates in footie are like and they are tidy and my friends bro is gay and he is tidy like so me gt nout againest gays just people who streotype women who play men majority sports!

ok rant over lol:)

Archived