1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

OMG that scene at the end of episode 183 was really freaky, I find those type of scenes much more genuinely creepy than I have any of the stalker scares in recent years.

I am so behind with these early years episode becuase I haven't had a TV at home now since the first week of May and had to watch shows via the internet. Hopefully it will be fixed soon so I can watch at 7TWO pace.

Pretty much every episode is full of memorable moments - the entire Roo/Martha/Brett saga has been fantastic as has Ailsa and Alf's reunion and all of the Lance/Martin/Norelle shenanigans plus Celia, Colleen, Fisher Floss/Nev haha its been really funny, silly, dramatic and emotional. The cast is so strong, as is the writing, I cant find fault at all.

I love 80s H&A. :wub:

You know, I think that episode just before Bertram returns, with Steven, Carly and the two no-one remembers hanging out in the "haunted house", was the very first episode of Home and Away I saw. I was round my cousin's so it must have been school holidays, possibly half-term.(Of course, I didn't see another one for about two years...)

It's actually quite interesting to see how reality differs from what you read in summaries. I had envisaged, a house in the middle of thick bush, one story, probably three or four rooms, a log cabin.

Oh, and cheerio Narelle.

No, that's the last episode she's seen. I've said elsewhere, but I sometimes find it funny how a character plays such a massive role in the these first 200 episodes or so that have aired now and yet will not have been menitoned since or very rarely.

Of course, she's still related to Colleen, so there's really as much reason for her to return as there was for her to appear in the first place.

I think she should come back...not permanently but as a recurring guest popping up every few months for a couple of weeks or so, she's a great character and to be honest I had very vague memories of her, so to watch her full stint again has been really cool. It'd be good too becuase the show doesn't have a dizzy bogan type character and there would be that connection with Colleen as Ryan pointed out!

And goodbye to Brett Macklin for 17 years as well. Certainly feels like we're moving into a new era of the show again. Whilst you could probably give the first 100 episodes over as the building of the community and such, we had a higher tempo with brain aneurysms, two babies and Alf and Ailsa's marriage. Now that's over, we have the Samuels story and it gets Bobby/Frank heavy for a while here.

Archived