1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

In that case it is was a rather strange thing to say in the argument I was talking about. Her two proudest moments were "having Alan" and "leaving Donald".

I still don't think it was strange. Alan was clearly her favourite. She even once said she wished she had a daughter like Bobby! I don't think she liked Rebecca very much!

Rebecca was also mentioned by Alan when he came back to Summer Bay during the time he was suspended from school and to solve the mystery of who sent Bobby flowers before he went to see his Dad to apologize for his behaviour (from memory). Alan mentioned that his Mum was still in the City visiting Rebecca.

Another interesting fact was that during the reading of Alan's will although Celia wasn't there they still read out a message for her, yet Rebecca got no mention whatsoever, strange hey? I still wished that he would have left similar advice for Morag (that he gave Roo) especially in regards to the on-going Alf and Ailsa situation, would have loved to have seen the look on her face. :P

It's such a big day in Australia, the soccer, the new female prime minister... Martha being born. :P I love that the Macklins are going to be completely dissapointed with the sex of the baby. To paraphrase the famous words of Samantha Jones- Probably thinks she'll get her period and ruin his empire, lol.

Roo is... thoroughly unlikeable, even in labour. But Justine did a great job with it.

Bobby and Frank :wub: But it has to be said, that music that was playing was HIDEOUS. It's definitley a reminder of how old the series is. :P

It's such a big day in Australia, the soccer, the new female prime minister... Martha being born. :P I love that the Macklins are going to be completely dissapointed with the sex of the baby. To paraphrase the famous words of Samantha Jones- Probably thinks she'll get her period and ruin his empire, lol.

Roo is... thoroughly unlikeable, even in labour. But Justine did a great job with it.

Bobby and Frank :wub: But it has to be said, that music that was playing was HIDEOUS. It's definitley a reminder of how old the series is. :P

Not exactly a PROUD day in Australia's history. Instead, it is one of those days that make me feel ashamed of the country that I was born in and live in.

The majority of voters (me excluded, I don't vote Labor) voted for Rudd and now we've got the dullest DULLARD ever to receive the keys to the Lodge :angry: :angry:

As for Home And Away: The Early Years, in today's episode, the issue of Gordon and the sex of the baby is just plain ridiculous. 'Nuff said?

We are now sentenced to

5000 episodes (22 years) of Martharitis, a pain whose symptoms including constant whingeing about Jack, changing boyfriends, marrying Jack, sleeping around, marrying Jack again, then whining and whining about his death and having a relationship with the murderous Hugo who is protected by the corrupt Summer Bay branch of the NSW Police Force

I am sure a lot of you will agree with me on this though, in coming episodes,

Gordon and Brett plot to kidnap the baby, then because Brett is so desperate to not allow Roo (or even Alf) keep the baby, Roo is forced to give it to some other family we later (MUCH later??) find out are the McKenzies, instead of adopting the Stewart name which in itself is a shame

Archived