1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Ah, 200 episodes, or 201 if you include the pilot which in a way bastardises episode counts. I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but I think that was Gary's 13th appearance in a row since his debut and appears to appear in 201, 202, 204, 205, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 and 212. Perhaps he has minor appearances in the episodes I find no note of in here as well and I think it works well. Someone coming in with a cause and not rushing the story through, but giving it pace. To get 24 appearances in todays show, you'd need 8 weeks, that's two months and the storyline will drag. A bit like this Penn story. Maybe it's supposed to be a mystery (Gary's never been a particular mystery after the cliffhanger about a week ago), but with Penn, I feel as if it's been going on for ages and nothing has happened.

In this story Gary has been getting on with it. I'm not saying all guests should be played like that. I think the Alan Fisher episodes were paced well, as were the Barlow episodes (doesn't that seem an age ago).

Ah, 200 episodes, or 201 if you include the pilot which in a way bastardises episode counts. I might be barking up the wrong tree here, but I think that was Gary's 13th appearance in a row since his debut and appears to appear in 201, 202, 204, 205, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 and 212. Perhaps he has minor appearances in the episodes I find no note of in here as well and I think it works well. Someone coming in with a cause and not rushing the story through, but giving it pace. To get 24 appearances in todays show, you'd need 8 weeks, that's two months and the storyline will drag. A bit like this Penn story. Maybe it's supposed to be a mystery (Gary's never been a particular mystery after the cliffhanger about a week ago), but with Penn, I feel as if it's been going on for ages and nothing has happened.

In this story Gary has been getting on with it. I'm not saying all guests should be played like that. I think the Alan Fisher episodes were paced well, as were the Barlow episodes (doesn't that seem an age ago).

I've said this in another thread, but I don't think it's the pacing of the storyline that's a problem but the acting and writing. They seem to be going for an Angie / Nick thing with Penn manipulating Nicole who is totally under his spell, but it's just not coming off. Angie was so well written and acted that it seemed completely believable she could manipulate a schoolboy, wrap him around her finger and mess with his mind. Penn just doesn't come across like that at all, and so the storyline seems really dull and Nicole seems like a superficial, gullible idiot and not the "manipulated abuse victim" that Nick did.

"her face looks like porridge running down a wall." :lol:

Lance, Martin and Celia appear to be the only characters from the opening credits in that episode. Must be a record?

Typical Lance sux Martin stupidity, I mean you shoulda seen the way Martin carried on and got all self-conscious about his pants being wet cos his boyfriend spilt drink all over them. Notice how the girls can't stand the presence of these 2 galahs??

Perhaps it's knowing the outcome, but I'd picked up that Frank and Bobby were huge, and to be honest, I've been quite underwhelmed by their romance to date. Perhaps in the next 100 episodes, which are extremely Bobby-heavy, is when it really becomes "magic".

Perhaps it's knowing the outcome, but I'd picked up that Frank and Bobby were huge, and to be honest, I've been quite underwhelmed by their romance to date. Perhaps in the next 100 episodes, which are extremely Bobby-heavy, is when it really becomes "magic".
wowwowaitaminuteFrank is Martha's father?

I'm not that far but noticed the pilot Frank was chasing Bobby, he was pro her moveing into the caravanpark don't immediately see him turn his back against any girl though it'd be easier done with Carly,

noticed also Bobby and Ailsa look a like they could be family no? but then again with Miles and Ollie it was the same because Kane was out of the picture and it'd look good right? still.. Roo's nice to her friends but the adults are scared of her,interesting.. it's been only 3 years ago since she lost her mom so it must be that.

Archived