1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I'm sorry to say, Stacey is not a very nice character and I am not going to enjoy her presence in The Bay.

(MANY SPOILERS FOR FUTURE EPISODES BELOW)

Firstly, she lets Phillip Matheson con her into having a silly and long-term relationship with her. She lets him take over her life. Then when Dodge finishes off Uncle Phillip, Stacey is in tears and moaning about it for months, and what a coincidence that it is just when Dodge is arrested and taken away, she starts playing silly games with Andrew Foley then enters into a long-term relationship with him, until he finally leaves some months later

Anyway, regarding today's episode: I couldn't help but notice how "determined" Phillip was to help Stacey, even though Lance & Martin were already helping her with her broken-down car. What is Phillip's problem? Something smells rotten here.

No wonder I'll be glad when Dodge burns this bastard alive

Phillip seems like a bit of a tool, he was a bit full on in trying to persue Stacey. It actually made Lance & Martin come out of it looking pretty well. :lol:

I, at least initially, really like Stacey. And is it just me or has Brett grown on you, I don't mind him at all anymore. I actually think his acting has improved a LOT since we first saw him, but as a character he seems quite alright now.

1. Regarding Brett: if only Roo had an abortion and saved a lifetime of this kind of misery and custody battles......it's a pity she has to live with this mistake whether or not she learns from it (not saying I feel sorry for Roo, I agree she brought it upon herself, but it was just so preventable and she had plenty of time to stop it while she could after finding out she was pregnant) :rolleyes:

2. Regarding Norelle and ol' Vinegar: That's a slightly [sarcasm intended] different issue to my spelling of Alsa.

Anyone can see, as plain as the nose on my face, a sour-tongued corrections officer who used to throw her weight around at a certain women's prison, who earned the nickname "Vinegar Tits" and was called that ever since, then when that same person bosses Norelle about the same way as she treated the inmates, surely you'd think something is amiss when it doesn't seem to cross Norelle's mind to include "Vinegar Tits" as an insult to answer her back??

Archived