1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Also wondering, taking into accounts the frequently retrotted Ray Meagher story of a slow news day of he only signed on for six months, whether Fiona Spence and Judy Nunn, probably the two highest profile actors in the series at the moment have alternative work at this point, which accounts for their departures for a short period of time.

I'm sorry to say I was rather disappointed with today's episode. I don't like how Carly says it is a "well-known fact" that girls mature faster than boys in justifying the double-standard about how it is OK for guys to be older than girls but not the other way round. They also treat the "love" issue as a joke when it is a damn serious thing that changes (and wrecks) people's lives. I also don't like how Norelle falls for Phillip

and just dumps Stevo and Stevo doesn't have a bad word to say to or about Uncle Phillip for this (or

for treating him like a kid by giving him only a small amount of Champagne when drinking a toast to his mum & dad). Finally, I don't like the storyline where "Pippa" is supposedly in danger because she is having the baby.

:rolleyes:

I wish I had a better report but it's been one of those episodes, after the excellent run of Alf & Alsa episodes we've been having. Still it was good seeing Lance & Martin and his mother-in-law continue to show themselves as the idiots they are! :lol:

I'm sorry to say I was rather disappointed with today's episode. I don't like how Carly says it is a "well-known fact" that girls mature faster than boys in justifying the double-standard about how it is OK for guys to be older than girls but not the other way round. They also treat the "love" issue as a joke when it is a damn serious thing that changes (and wrecks) people's lives. :

To be fair, it was Carly. And she's hardly the show's voice of moral authority. :wink:

I love most of Bobby's scenes but I have to put a pillow over my face whenever she's on with Alan and they appear to be flirting or he tries to kiss her

now knowing that they're siblings

Ick.

Tom and Pippa :( That nightmare was actually pretty creepy, even for something written so long ago. It's little things like birthdays and anniversaries of deaths that they write in that makes me love the early years so much more. Especially that shot of Steven and Phillip sitting on the beach toasting to his parents.

And yesterday's episode when Lance and Martin made up was my favourite bit- these two are as stupid and annoying as anything but I love their friendship.

Lance & Martin? Friendship? They seem to be "together" so much it seems more like a relationship! They're like Siamese twins, can't be separated!

The Tom and "Pippa" storyline is so meaningless and non-entertaining I cut those bits out/skipped over them. Out of a 22-minute episode today, only 12 minutes were left.

I'll be glad when we return to quality Home And Away early episodes...... in a few day's time.

Not looking forward to tomorrow's episode. Not at all. :angry:

As for Alan and Bobby, I don't know what to make of their "relationship". Are they "friends" or are they "lovers"? Why does Bobby keep fighting off his advances (stopping him from kissing her, etc.)??

I know they later turn out to be biological siblings (same father Mr Fisher) but that's not relevant yet?

I missed Monday's episode, sounded like a good one too.

Agree with others, after the terrific recent Alf/Ailsa eps, today's was a bit flat.

Sorry to say but Pippa annoys me a bit, as someone described her a while back, she's very 'wishy washy'.

The Bobby/Alan stuff manages to be both sweet, funny and a bit creepy! :lol: It is interesting that Bobby's having none of it romantically, though. Could simply be because she is still in love with Frank, but it does make you wonder if the writers knew they couldn't go too far in that direction... :unsure:

Talking of that family, Rebecca still seems slightly ambiguous as to whether or not she actually exists at the moment.

She certainly wasn't created in Episode 7 when Roo says that she is Celia's only niece, but in 98 Barbara mentions "They are both fine" when speaking to Donald.

However in an episode in the past few weeks she said her proudest moments were the birth of Alan and the other was leaving Donald. Seems a slightly strange to mention one of your children and not the other.

Archived