1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

In an attempt to have someone other than Ryan commenting in this thread, how much has Steven been in it so far?Looking at the posts on here and thinking about what I've read elsewhere, I'm getting the impression that bringing Roo in tied her, Frank, Bobby and Carly together but with Steven and Lynn their storylines tended to revolve around them interacting with guest stars.(As Ryan said, I think the stuff with Nico is pretty much Lynn's only storyline.)

Excluding the pilot, Steven has appeared in 8 episodes of the first 16, appearing in 30 scenes. :ph34r:

In an attempt to have someone other than Ryan commenting in this thread, how much has Steven been in it so far?Looking at the posts on here and thinking about what I've read elsewhere, I'm getting the impression that bringing Roo in tied her, Frank, Bobby and Carly together but with Steven and Lynn their storylines tended to revolve around them interacting with guest stars.(As Ryan said, I think the stuff with Nico is pretty much Lynn's only storyline.)

Excluding the pilot, Steven has appeared in 8 episodes of the first 16, appearing in 30 scenes. :ph34r:

Righhht.So Steven's been in half the episodes with an average of 3 or 4 scenes in each of them(3.75 to be precise...).

A non-appearance today means that he's now appeared in 8/17 episodes which is now only 47%. I have to say that once the episodes get going we do seem to be making our way through them at a good speed, though I guess the difference between 1 and 20 might be more noticable though than say 3205-3224 or something and it's actually not going by that quickly. Oh, and the consecutive episode stakes, Lynn moves into the lead with 10

Bevan should be tried for crimes to taste after that dreadful montage in the middle of the episode - it does seem to be a style of the early years. We've had the octopus montage, the how to lay a road montage and now Roo and Frank on the beach montage. At least the others had decent music as opposed to what I believe is Alex Papps' dulcet tones.

Ryan - I totally agree with you about that montage of Roo and Frank on the beach, it's so unlike Home and Away. In fac watching these episodes, it's so far removed from today's Home and Away; the cheesiness of Celia's singing at the piano, the way Frank told Roo that he's a virgin when no-one over the age of 16 is a virgin in current Home and Away, etc etc.

Haven't posted much recently as I've been busy with uni, but just had a catch-up and watched eps 16 and 17. They were pretty good although I'm not really a fan of watching Frank singing all the time. I love Ailsa, I think she's probably my favourite character at the moment. I can't wait to find out more about her past. Bobby is also a great character. I'm wondering where Steven's got to though? And Frank and Roo were certainly getting into that kiss weren't they!!

Today's episode was a really strong one! That Sally/Floss scene in the bedroom was classic Home and Away, and I wish they still produced scenes like that these days, two people talking like that, so natural and believable!

Alf and Ailsa's scenes were stand out in this episode as they reached a milestone in their relationship!

Most of the acting is so strong in these episodes, I think it helps that they have a lot of professional and experienced cast members, but they can only work with whats on the page; with a decent script - and today's was brilliantly written! I'm sure from an actors point of view it is much easier to 'know' you character when you actually have one and don't just 'do things' like they do in 2009.

Episode Count - Lynn gets 5 for the second week in a row and has now appeared in 13 straight episodes, whilst Carly, Bobby, Frank, Ailsa and Fisher all appeared in 4 episodes. Strangely Pippa only appears in two because of this city jaunt she and Tom are on.

I think that was the best episode so far anyway, and the best week so far. It finally feels like things are rolling along.

Archived