1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

It is moving along rather nicely!

I never thought I'd see the day when Donald jogged along the beach in his trackies that's for sure......

I liked the slight hesitation from Ailsa when Alf said it's a shame she never had any kids - obviously at this point in time it's just because she's spent time in prison - but that little moment fits in very nicely with the revelation 12 years later that she give birth to Shauna whilst in prison.

I liked the slight hesitation from Ailsa when Alf said it's a shame she never had any kids - obviously at this point in time it's just because she's spent time in prison - but that little moment fits in very nicely with the revelation 12 years later that she give birth to Shauna whilst in prison.

Yes, that was the first thing to enter my mind when I saw it too, great moment!

It is moving along rather nicely!

I never thought I'd see the day when Donald jogged along the beach in his trackies that's for sure......

Didn't you watch the reruns of Five Life two years ago around the Olympic Torch episode?

I also thought of Shauna when Alf said it's a shame Ailsa didn't have any children. I also agree that this was the strongest eppy of the week/run of eps so far. Ailsa was stand-out, to be honest I haven't rated Ray Meagher's acting that much but Ailsa's been great.

Does anyone know when the "Early Episodes" are stopping for an Xmas break? :)

Have to say, I think the episodes have been stronger since Tom and Pippa are away. :/

I don't think any information has been released about it stopping over Christmas, hopefully it will just go right threw, it is on at 9.30am so...? I've noticed that they have dropped 'The Early Years' from the title in the digital TV guides...

If I am right this episode includes 3 people on the opening credits which is likely a record. Also the first episode that doesn't have any of the Fletcher family that moved to Summer Bay, though it does include Bobby, so perhaps not yet the first episode that doesn't include the Fletcher's.

We had our usual Monday montage with groovy music - this weeks being dung handling.

Today's episode was really good. I spent the whole episode thinking "Awww, how cute is that cow" and then someone comes along and kills it! It was really sad cos you could tell that Nico loved that cow! :lol:

I still really love Martin, but I just really really can't stand Lance. Yeah, we get the point, he repeats everything that Martin says, does he have to do it ALL THE TIME?! :P

I also really like Celia, and it's exciting that Ailsa hasn't given anything away about her past, especially considering everything we know about the character now!! I was thinking yesterday, only a few more weeks and it'll be Colleen's first appearance! :D

Oh god that was so sad with poor Nico and Jessie the horse!!

Who on earth is killing the animals ! First Eric and now Jessie :( I really hope its not actually Fisher.

I really enjoyed the Alf & Ailsa scene just after he proposed to her :wub:

Archived