1988 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Ah Ok... I know that (from what I recall) during the 90's it was really obvious that characters were only ever seen 3 episodes per week, even when they had huge storylines, I cant remember one time that a character were in 5 episodes in a row during the 90's, particularly mid 90's.

I was uploading the Episode summaries for 1996 and Angel appeared in 8 or 9 short summaries in a row. Whether she appears in the episodes themselves is another matter. Hopefully in 7 years that question will be answered.

That I know for certain, excluding Alf, is that Seb appears in 13 straight episodes in 2001 around the time where he gets the paternity results and Jude has his accident.

Oh, by the way - remember I said there appears to be a continuity error in this episode in the Celia/Roo scene.

Roo says she's Celia's only neice. Whilst we eventually discover Celia has 4 nieces (and a half-niece), surely both Celia and Roo were aware of Rebecca.

Of course however, the continuity error as such occurs at a later episode and not here.

Oh, by the way - remember I said there appears to be a continuity error in this episode in the Celia/Roo scene.

Roo says she's Celia's only neice. Whilst we eventually discover Celia has 4 nieces (and a half-niece), surely both Celia and Roo were aware of Rebecca.

Of course however, the continuity error as such occurs at a later episode and not here.

How can you have a half-niece?! I've just been reading Alf's page on BTTB and it says that he has 5 sisters :o Barbara, Morag, Celia, Debra and Colleen. Did Debra have any children?

I was uploading the Episode summaries for 1996 and Angel appeared in 8 or 9 short summaries in a row. Whether she appears in the episodes themselves is another matter. Hopefully in 7 years that question will be answered.

That I know for certain, excluding Alf, is that Seb appears in 13 straight episodes in 2001 around the time where he gets the paternity results and Jude has his accident.

Ah that's interesting...Maybe I noticed it when it happened more than I did when it didn't.

Great episode today, I really like how Carly's story came out today and how it was Tom she told. We also got an inkling of Stephen and Lynn's past and family, and Sally yesterday. It's great how they waited a week or so to establish us with the characters before we get into why the kids were being fostered and what there back story's are, I think that way, it helps to produce a greater empathy from the audience.

Is it me or does Lynn do the big no-no at the end of today episode and look at the camera?

The show does seem to be picking up some pace at this point with episode arcs getting up and running. Some of Lynn's clothes in this episode are real stinkers however. It was like all her tops had shrunk in the wash.

I know what you mean about Lynn's tops. I still can't believe that they're making this plot with the dog seem so big, and Lynn is acting like a total brat and making a real drama out of it. I can't believe the cliffhanger yesterday was the dog dying! Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to watching episode ten, if only for Floss. I thought Floss was brilliant in Ep 9 at Hogan's Store, I'm looking forward to seeing more of her. :)

Archived