Home and Away star Jodi Gordon found cowering in bikie's bedroom

Guest lost and found

The fact is people do have celebrities as role models and they are the biggest influence on kids today. The focus on the 'celebrity' has never been greater and if you want a job in the public eye you have to be willing to take that on board.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the defining factor would be whether my lifestyle stops me getting work. If Jodi keeps on getting work, but does stuff that may not be whiter than white, I see no reason why she should have to change.

Can i just say, Jodi Gordon is one of the biggest stars on home and away. Home and away is hugely popular in Australia and I can say that it is very popular in the UK also. For everyone saying that her being a role model is rubbish and that its the viewers fault for choosing her as a role model is so bizzare to me. I cannot think of any reasons why she shouldn't be a role model, she's a very successful actress and model. The media and celebrities are the biggest influences on children and teenagers. People have role models because they are proud of what these people have achieved and they aspire to be like them. I think that when you become famous, you know that you are setting yourself up for so much media attention and you definitely know that there are people out there who admire you. I'm not attacking Jodi Gordon in any way for making a mistake, because hey we all make them, but it annoys me when people say that she has no influence on youngsters when clearly she does. Okay my rant is now over :)

It's not that Jodi shouldn't be a role model, or isn't. It's the idea that she should live her life constantly thinking "is this how they want me to be?". She isn't the stepford wife they represented her as, why is that causing such fuss? She is a human who makes mistakes, dealing with her mistakes will make her a far more realisitc role model and person than Ms. Perfect, someone her fans could never hope to become.

To me the defining factor would be whether my lifestyle stops me getting work. If Jodi keeps on getting work, but does stuff that may not be whiter than white, I see no reason why she should have to change.

I think it depends what you mean by not being whiter than white. I'm under no illusions that celebrities are perfect, but if they break the law and get caught I think they should be treated in exactly the same way that a 'normal' person would be. If you or me got caught taking drugs, wasting police time or whatever else she's supposed to have done, we'd have to face the consequences. When a soap star does it, it seems all she gets is offers of support and time off from work!

It's not that Jodi shouldn't be a role model, or isn't. It's the idea that she should live her life constantly thinking "is this how they want me to be?". She isn't the stepford wife they represented her as, why is that causing such fuss? She is a human who makes mistakes, dealing with her mistakes will make her a far more realisitc role model and person than Ms. Perfect, someone her fans could never hope to become.

I agree. The problem with soap stars in particular is that the line between reality and fiction becomes blurred in the eyes of the public - we expect these people to be as clean cut and perfect as their characters, which is obviously impossible. If you read through this thread, the amount of people saying things like 'this seems so out of character for her' is astounding. Out of character for who exactly - Jodi or Martha? Martha is the person we know all about, not Jodi. All we actually know of Jodi is what we read in the press, and 99% of the time that's written with some kind of agenda. Same with her public appearances - if someone asks her a question on the red carpet is she going to answer with complete honesty or is she going to say what's deemed acceptable? I doubt it's the former.

I'm not going to be to precise about it. For instance if Jodi went around swearing like a trooper, she might not be doing something that makes her great role model, but neither would she be breaking any real laws. That's a relatively minor example.

I don't want to discuss specific issues really because then I think we'll just get into more moral and lifestyle opinions on specific actions.

Can i just say, Jodi Gordon is one of the biggest stars on home and away. Home and away is hugely popular in Australia and I can say that it is very popular in the UK also. For everyone saying that her being a role model is rubbish and that its the viewers fault for choosing her as a role model is so bizzare to me. I cannot think of any reasons why she shouldn't be a role model, she's a very successful actress and model. The media and celebrities are the biggest influences on children and teenagers. People have role models because they are proud of what these people have achieved and they aspire to be like them. I think that when you become famous, you know that you are setting yourself up for so much media attention and you definitely know that there are people out there who admire you. I'm not attacking Jodi Gordon in any way for making a mistake, because hey we all make them, but it annoys me when people say that she has no influence on youngsters when clearly she does. Okay my rant is now over :)

I agree she shouldn't be going through her life thinking that, but the fact is that is the reality of her situation. But what i am saying is that the fact she is famous and so well-liked by the public because of what she does is obviously going make her a role model in some way by a lot of people. And as I have said before i am really not judging her, because you are right she is human and people make mistakes. But my whole issue was not that she should be ashamed or embarrassed or whatever by her actions because I do not think that at all, it was that people were saying that she isn't a role model for young people which I believe is completely untrue.

I actually like her a lot more now that we know she isn't this perfect girl-next-door sweetheart that she was portrayed as in the Australian media.

Who knows, I might even start to like Martha now. Jodi, what have you done????

Good thing she's still filming and um i always knew she wasn't perfect still the girl next door though no worries that's what i like about Jodi Martha

Lblablabla Once she's given a statement Ryan or not then we can all move on

I still think mr Stokes isn't telling the whole truth, who says they weren't having a fight before the incident.

Jodi Gordon has nothing to fear, says Max Markson

The Daily Telegraph

June 8 2009

MAX Markson has made a good living as a celebrity spruiker.

Right now he's on the cusp of finding neighbourhood nuisance Corey Worthington a job as a labourer.

So his opinion on Jodi Gordon is worth noting.

"There's no allegations she's done anything wrong and the police aren't investigating it - she'll be 100 per cent fine," he told Weekend Sunrise, which airs on Channel 7, Gordon's network.

Markson thinks Home And Away's ratings will "go through the roof". At Confidential we're not so sure.

-------

Jodi runs a ring around

Herald Sun

June 8 2009

Troubled Home and Away star Jodi Gordon picked a strange day to wear a dress ring on her engagement finger on Friday.

Gordon was photographed on the set of the soap sporting a large rock on the ring finger of her left hand.

Following the revelations of her bizarre bender last week, Gordon was guaranteed to be photographed on Friday as she fronted up to work.

So her decision to wear a ring, prompting speculation of an engagement between her and her boyfriend, media heir Ryan Stokes, was peculiar.

"There is no significance at all to the ring," a Seven spokeswoman said. "It has not come from him (Ryan).

"It has nothing to do with Ryan in any way. For some reason she has decided to wear a ring on that finger."

The relationship between Stokes and Gordon is said to be "uncertain" in the light of the soap star's startling bender.

-----

If she was on set then it's probably just the ring Martha wears. :rolleyes:

Archived