Jade Goody - Diagnosed With Cancer

Guest Cal

Jade Goody will not be filmed dying, her publicist Max Clifford has confirmed.

The former Big Brother star will continue her deal with Living TV until her wedding this weekend, but the channel will not record her death.

"All this talk about filming her dying – it's never happened and it wouldn't happen, and personally I find it incredibly offensive," he told GMTV.

"We will film with Jade, maybe an interview with Piers Morgan. [T]here might be an interview with a paper or a magazine – if she wants to do it and if she’s well enough to do it in the weeks ahead.

"But it's very much down to Jade and how she is and what she wants to do. She enjoys doing an interview, she enjoys having her photo taken when she's up to it. It gives her, as I say, something else to think about."

Goody is expected to marry boyfriend Jack Tweed this Sunday at Down Hall Country House after being told that her cancer is terminal and she has just months to live.

The star signed an exclusive deal with OK! for the photo rights to the ceremony, said to be worth £700,000.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"All this talk about filming her dying – it's never happened and it wouldn't happen, and personally I find it incredibly offensive," he told GMTV.

Crikey, I never thought I'd see the day when Max Clifford found something offensive! Maybe he has got a heart after all.

I think these stories just show how kind people can be when someone is in trouble like this.

Cancer-stricken Jade Goody has married her partner Jack Tweed in a "bittersweet" ceremony surrounded by family and friends.

The couple tied the knot at the Down Hall Country House Hotel in Hertfordshire just eight days after Tweed's Valentine's Day proposal.

The terminally ill Big Brother star's wedding was held behind closed doors as part of an exclusive magazine deal with OK!.

Speaking outside the hotel, Goody's publicist Max Clifford announced: "They are now man and wife."

According to The Guardian, Clifford said the 27-year-old was able to stand for most of the 45-minute ceremony, but had to sit down for the last five minutes.

The couple were expected to release white doves after the ceremony as an expression of their love for each other, followed by speeches, a meal and a performance by the Sugababes.

The newlyweds will then spend the night together after Justice Secretary Jack Straw decided to temporarily waive Tweed's curfew, imposed after a jail sentence for assaulting a 16-year-old boy.

I watched "Jade" for the first time last thursday and it was so sad. Especially when her mother Jackiey broke down in an interview and was saying "please dont take her" :( . Just broke my heart.

Am i the only one who finds it disturbing that Jade's wedding was the headline news? I do feel sorry for her and it's a tragic situation for anyone to be in - but it doesn't deserve all the media attention it's getting. Thousands of women die every day from cervical cancer. Jade is no different and i'm sure the 'special' treatment both she and Jack received would not have been granted to a 'normal' couple.

Perhaps i'm cynical, but i do question Jack's motives. Before her diagnosis he was cheating on her, didn't seem to care and how suddenly he's the perfect husband.

She claims she's doing all this for her children, and i don't doubt they're at the very heart of it - but Jade is not exactly poor and what with her perfume, books, tv shows she probably already has more than enough money to see her children comfortably through life.

I just find it wrong what with everything that's happening in the world right now, civil wars, the crisis in Zimbabwe, Darfur, the economic crisis etc etc that we seem to care more about a dying celebrity who has done nothing to credit her fame.

I watched her programme for the first time yesterday and really feel for her. It was so upseting I had to turn it off.

In response to the poster above I think maybe one of the reasons she's been getting a lot of media attention coud be to make women more aware that it could happen to younger women and by seeing what she's going through could help encourage women to spot the signs early enough. Thats justa guess though.

^^ I don't dispute that and i think it's great she's managed to draw attention to the disease. Already the number of women going to screenings has increased.

But enough is enough. I just don't agree with her 'selling' her last few months and the media concentrating so heavily on her - as i've said there is so much going on in the world that deserves attention.

i remember i really disliked this woman on Celebrity Big Brother, but now i absolutely love her and i really think she is soo brave and whenever i read something new about her i just want to cry :( no person deserves to go through this especially at such a young age with very adorable children, i just hope her last few weeks will be very memorable indeed, and i am very glas to here they are not filmin her death, that something very personal i which i know i wouldn't want the whole world watching and even if they did film it i certainly couldn't watch it, i hope her family get through this and i just really hope she's ok for now :(

Am i the only one who finds it disturbing that Jade's wedding was the headline news? I do feel sorry for her and it's a tragic situation for anyone to be in - but it doesn't deserve all the media attention it's getting. Thousands of women die every day from cervical cancer. Jade is no different and i'm sure the 'special' treatment both she and Jack received would not have been granted to a 'normal' couple.

Perhaps i'm cynical, but i do question Jack's motives. Before her diagnosis he was cheating on her, didn't seem to care and how suddenly he's the perfect husband.

She claims she's doing all this for her children, and i don't doubt they're at the very heart of it - but Jade is not exactly poor and what with her perfume, books, tv shows she probably already has more than enough money to see her children comfortably through life.

I just find it wrong what with everything that's happening in the world right now, civil wars, the crisis in Zimbabwe, Darfur, the economic crisis etc etc that we seem to care more about a dying celebrity who has done nothing to credit her fame.

But at the end of the day, though, it IS getting all this media attention. That's just the world we live in today. No, of course Jade's no different from anyone else, but she's not the first celebrity to receive 'special' treatment. Fair enough if you don't think that any celebrity should get preferential treatment (in which case the very notion of celebrity is being challenged), but it seems like you're homing in on Jade merely becsuse she doesn't seem to have done anything to 'credit' her fame. I don't really know how you could be okay with someone being paid obscene amounts of money for kicking a ball around a grassy field, for example, (I don't know what you think of footballers, 'tis just an example) yet take objection to a woman who - okay, wasn't the classiest start, I'll give you that - has worked her way up from a reality television show and been a very astute business woman (or even had other people do it for her - whatever, it's happened for her) and made a lot of money.

Tbh, questioning Jack's motives should make us feel more sympathy for Jade if, indeed, he is messing her around in her final days. But, y'know, right now it's making her happy. It's not hurting anyone else. In a situation like this, surely that's the main thing?

Yes, she has "enough" money to live on, but so do the vast majority of the rest of the country; does this mean we should donate all of our "excess" salaries to world crises. Whatever, she's still getting the money, and I personally think that it's brilliant that she's doing this for her children. Celebrities put up with a lot of crap that the public don't necessarily see, so if this helps her children in any way then I see that only as a positive thing.

I don't know if it was your intention, but you seem to have taken your issues with the coverage the British media are giving the situation and translated it into something that reflects badly on Jade. I doubt she even cares how much publicity she's getting. She's dying, for goodness sake. It's not her fault that the media are so information-hungry that there seem to be no boundaries, even when someone is in the final stages of their life.

Sorry, I'm aware that this was a very long rant. I'm not attacking you personally, or anything, I just felt I should qualify my opinion, instead of just saying 'I disagree'. :)

Archived