Jade Goody - Diagnosed With Cancer

Guest Cal

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jade Goody has said that she desperately wants to marry her partner Jack Tweed before she dies.

Tweed proposed to Goody last Friday and the pair plan to marry at the Victorian Chapel in the Royal Marsden Hospital, The Sun reports.

Goody said: "I swear we will be a family before I die - just not for as long as I’d hoped. I love Jack with all my heart and want to be his wife more than anything in the world. And I will be.

"All I want to do is spend whatever time I have left with him and the kids."

A friend added: "Jade is dying - she knows that. But this wedding has given her something to look forward to, and she's decided to just get on with it.

"It's now everything to her. She desperately wants Jack as her husband before the end - it's all she has left."

Goody was seen visiting an Armani store in Knightsbridge at the weekend as she shopped for a wedding dress with Tweed and his mother, Mary.

I think this is awful news about Jade. Whatever she's done/ said/ acted like in the past, no young mother deserves to die like this. If an old person dies of cancer, at least they have had a decent length life, but a young girl like that having to leave her little children is a tragedy.

Elton John has offered to host Jade Goody's upcoming wedding at his £20 million Windsor mansion.

Goody's publicist Max Clifford has revealed that the reality star was "staggered" by the singer's generosity as she prepares to tie the knot with boyfriend Jack Tweed.

Speaking to The Mirror, Clifford added that Harrods owner Mohamed Al Fayed had gifted the former Big Brother star with a designer wedding dress after she visited the Knightsbridge store with Tweed over the weekend.

"She found the most beautiful dress. Mohamed Al Fayed heard about it and said, 'That's my wedding present to you two'," he said.

Guests at the lavish ceremony will reportedly include Sir Elton, Davina McCall and Jamelia, while Goody's mother Jackiey will give her away.

It is thought that the star is seeking a £3 million magazine deal for the event, which will go towards the trust fund that has been set up for her two young sons.

Clifford told Sky News that no date has been set but suggested that the ceremony will take place "in the next couple of weeks".

Jade Goody will marry her boyfriend Jack Tweed this Sunday, her publicist has confirmed.

The former Big Brother star will hold the ceremony at Down Hall country house in Hertfordshire, despite originally planning to have it at the Victorian Chapel in the Royal Marsden Hospital.

"I am going to die in this hospital, so I don't want to get married here," she recently told The Sun. "But wherever we tie the knot, I'm determined to walk down that aisle."

Goody was proposed to on Valentine's Day after being told that her cancer is terminal and that she has just months to live.

Harrods owner Mohammed Al Fayed has gifted her a designer wedding dress while Sir Elton John offered her the use of one of his homes for the wedding. Jonathan Ross, Simon Cowell and Dale Winton have all sent messages of support.

It is understood that the star is seeking a £3 million magazine deal for the event, which will go towards the trust fund that has been set up for her two young sons.

Shilpa Shetty has announced that she feels shocked and saddened after hearing that Jade Goody has just months to live.

The Bollywood star has been in regular contact with Goody since they were reunited on the Indian version of Big Brother in August. While Shetty hosted the programme, Jade was a contestant for a short period of time before pulling out when she was diagnosed with cervical cancer.

Last week, doctors told Goody that they could not save her life after the illness spread to her liver, bowel and groin.

"When I learned that she's got just a couple of months to live, I was shocked," Shetty explained. "I just hope a miracle takes place, at least for her children's sake."

Goody was accused of racially abusing the actress when they appeared together on Celebrity Big Brother in January 2007.

"I have forgiven and forgotten all that and have asked everyone else to do the same," Shetty insisted. "We kept in touch and called each other up sometimes. We were just getting to know each other and this happened. Nobody deserves to go through this pain. Nobody."

Archived