Jade Goody - Diagnosed With Cancer

Guest Cal

I'm not blaming Jade completely for the media situation. I think Max Clifford has a lot to answer for and don't know how he can sleep at night when he's exploiting a dying woman. I understand she wants money for her kids and commend her for wanting them to have the best chance in life but money is not everything and when she already has a substantial amount i don't understand the need for her to milk her dying for all it's worth.

The thing that worries me the most is that the British public seem to care more about 'celebrities' now (and i use that term lightly) than the state of the world. Jade Goody's wedding should not be headline news, and it shouldn't make the front pages of the newspapers. I fail to understand why we care so much about someone who has contributed nothing to society and is famous for her ignorance.

Sure be in the gossip magazines, tabloid press and entertainment news but not the headline of the day. Is this really what the world has come to?

And now Jack has been arrested again. Out clubbing while his wife is in hospital dying. Classy. Says it all really. :rolleyes:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such sad news.

Cancer will claim the life of British reality star Jade Goody very, very soon.

Jade's publicist/close friend Max Clifford told the media, "We’re hoping and praying that Jade pulls through, but the fact of the matter is that she now only has a short time to live."

The dying Jade has reportedly said her 'goodbyes' to her dearest friends and family.

One of the friends who visited her in the hospital said, "It's heartbreaking to see Jade like this, she's such a brave girl. She really needs to be surrounded by her friends and family at this time."

Jade is supposedly considering withdrawing from the public eye after being told 'enough is enough'.

Good idea!

Peace and quality time with your family is hard to find with a camera in your face!

Our thoughts are with you, Jade.

Source: PerezHilton.com

Jade Goody is to have her dying wish fulfilled by being christened with her two young sons in hospital tomorrow.

The reality TV star was due to make the journey to the same church where she was married for the ceremony with Bobby, five, and Freddy, four.

However, publicist Max Clifford earlier revealed that the 27-year-old is too ill to travel. Plans have now been made for the ceremony to take place in the hospital chapel of the Royal Marsden, where the terminally ill star is being treated, reports the Daily Mail.

Clifford said that about 25 friends will attend the short ceremony, which will also mark the first time that Goody has seen her sons this week.

She is said to be sedated and drowsy following an emergency operation to relieve her pain.

I am shocked at what I have just heard. Breaking news is that a 41 year old woman actually went into Jades hospital room and confronted Jade with a hammer. I can't actually believe or begin to understand why someone would do that. Poor Jade, she is in a bay way and yet she has this happening to her.

I'm just getting sick of seeing what has become a kind of visual 'Countdown to Death' from just about every media outlet and form of entertainment medium available in Britain. Strip it to the bare essentials and what she's essentially trying to do is gather enough money prior to her untimely death to provide her children with a good future - but then she already has that.

She has the celebrity magazine deals, she has the autobiography, she has the perfume, she has the fitness videos, she has the television programmes... she doesn't need the money!

Cancer, in whatever form, is a terrible thing to have - no human on this earth should deny such a thing. My problem is the way in which she parades it around in front of the British tabloid media. Most people, knowing they're terminal, would take the time and spend it with their families - not Jade. The term attempting to get blood from a stone is more than poignant.

I dislike the way that people feel as if she should be put on a pedestal as if she is this poor, poor girl suffering from some rare disease that nobody else in the world has, and we should feel sorry for. And if we don't, then what are we? "Heartless" - or critical of her choices that she has made in light of this disease.

I don't have time for tabloid media manipulation, and I feel sorry for Jade no more than I feel sorry for the millions of other people around the world who die yearly from cancer - not necessarily cervical cancer, but from within the entire spectrum of cancer as a whole. Perhaps I feel a little more sorry for Jade because she has the sorry excuse for a man, Jack, in her life, manipulating his "wife's" disease for a "Get out of jail, free" card - literally.

As blunt as I may be, Jade is but an insignificant blip, a microscopic grain of sand amongst millions of others just like her - she warrants no importance just because of "who she is", or "what she suffers from"; and I am annoyed even more with the British media, who should be focused on current world events of immense significant value. My grandmother suffered from cancer, but she wasn't able to use her disease as a chance to make an extra buck, so I don't see why Jade should be able to.

Everybody is crediting her for the good deed of "giving a wake up call to women", and while I'll be the first to admit that she has done that, it wasn't actually her true intention. She hasn't once mentioned other cancer sufferers or how other women should go for screenings. She hasn't mentioned at all a message of solace towards cancer sufferers elsewhere, nor has she spoken about Wendy Richard or even so much as gave a eulogy or a heart rendering thought to Wendy's family.

I know that I may be being harsh, but that is truly what I think of the matter. Perhaps I am bitter because the disease which took away my grandmother's life, has been used by Jade to get money and add it to the wealth that she already has? I'm really not sure. Apologies in advance to anyone who will probably be offended by this post.

Several people are commenting on the money Jade already has. How can we know how much Jade has at this present time? That is the thing we don't know. Yes, she has done recent magazine deals, interviews for money to put towards her sons future, which I think is a brilliant thing to do, I guess she is thinking as a dying woman, and that is to do enough for her two sons before it is to late. She is only trying to provide a good upbringing for her sons after she has gone.

As for the previous work she has done (perfumes, books, other magazine deals ..etc) How do we know if she has any of that money left? Cars, houses, holidays, living expenses all cost money. And there was also a point where she was doing nothing because of the whole 2007 Big Brother situation.

I guess what I am trying to say is money should not be an issue, there is a person dying here, and I think that as much as the money means to her for her sons, she is going through a hell of a time, and maybe the money is the last on her list of worries compared to the pain and fear she must be going through as well as dealing with an uncalled for confrontation by a 41 year old woman in possession of a hammer.

Archived