Jade Goody - Diagnosed With Cancer

Guest Cal

I do agree that woman die every day of cancer and she is getting all the attention but its the news isn't it, the press will do anything for a story nowadays and they need to get really good storys in some cases if they wish to keep their jobs and i guess they think it will be interesting for the general public.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jade is getting attention, its a fact but the fact is that my own auntie went through cancer 4 times and she is still here today. Jade is going to die from it. She was a celebrity before getting cancer and she will be a celebrity when she dies for me she is a brave person. I had a cancer scare a while ago and that scared the hell out of me. I think she is incredibly brave and she has my sympathies.

Aww Zettie i never knew you had a cancer scare, that must have been awful :( my friend had a cancer scare a while ago and i was more scared than her, shows how much i would cope if it was me.

Anyways i can't possibly no what she is going through and let me say that if i knew i was going to die i really don't know what i would do so that's another reason i really admire her for how brave she is being.

Yes I do to because I know how scary a cancer scare can be. Thankfully I didnt have cancer but since then my niece and father went through it and that made me reassess my life. If Jade is coping by being in the spotlight then that is her choice.

me too, my grandad got told that he had cancer a few months ago and then a week after he found out he died so it made me think about it and my mum also had a cancer scare which really put the shocks on me but she turned out to be ok and like you said that's the way Jade chooses to go with it,

another thing is that when her children are older they will get to see for themselves how brave their mum was.

But at the end of the day, though, it IS getting all this media attention. That's just the world we live in today. No, of course Jade's no different from anyone else, but she's not the first celebrity to receive 'special' treatment. Fair enough if you don't think that any celebrity should get preferential treatment (in which case the very notion of celebrity is being challenged), but it seems like you're homing in on Jade merely becsuse she doesn't seem to have done anything to 'credit' her fame. I don't really know how you could be okay with someone being paid obscene amounts of money for kicking a ball around a grassy field, for example, (I don't know what you think of footballers, 'tis just an example) yet take objection to a woman who - okay, wasn't the classiest start, I'll give you that - has worked her way up from a reality television show and been a very astute business woman (or even had other people do it for her - whatever, it's happened for her) and made a lot of money.

Tbh, questioning Jack's motives should make us feel more sympathy for Jade if, indeed, he is messing her around in her final days. But, y'know, right now it's making her happy. It's not hurting anyone else. In a situation like this, surely that's the main thing?

Yes, she has "enough" money to live on, but so do the vast majority of the rest of the country; does this mean we should donate all of our "excess" salaries to world crises. Whatever, she's still getting the money, and I personally think that it's brilliant that she's doing this for her children. Celebrities put up with a lot of crap that the public don't necessarily see, so if this helps her children in any way then I see that only as a positive thing.

I don't know if it was your intention, but you seem to have taken your issues with the coverage the British media are giving the situation and translated it into something that reflects badly on Jade. I doubt she even cares how much publicity she's getting. She's dying, for goodness sake. It's not her fault that the media are so information-hungry that there seem to be no boundaries, even when someone is in the final stages of their life.

Sorry, I'm aware that this was a very long rant. I'm not attacking you personally, or anything, I just felt I should qualify my opinion, instead of just saying 'I disagree'

I guess what i'm trying to say is that i disagree with all the meida attention it's getting. Jade is the one who is doing all the interviews, selling her wedding, making reality television shows. She's making herself available, hence why she's splashed across every newspaper and magazine. And it bugs me that we, as a society seem to find her new newsworthy than other issues going on in the world right now. I hate the whole 'dumbing down' concept that's now involved in journalism.

I never said i don't feel sorry for her, i do. It's tragic and i can't imagine what she must be going through right now, but i have to wonder what her children will think when they're older and see what their mother did in her final months. I just find it rather un-dignified.

Yes, she has "enough" money to live on, but so do the vast majority of the rest of the country; does this mean we should donate all of our "excess" salaries to world crises.

I never said that, maybe you read my post wrong. She already has millions is what i meant, and i don't buy her excuse that she's doing all this becasue her children need money.

Max Clifford has a lot to answer for. :rolleyes:

me too, my grandad got told that he had cancer a few months ago and then a week after he found out he died so it made me think about it and my mum also had a cancer scare which really put the shocks on me but she turned out to be ok and like you said that's the way Jade chooses to go with it,

another thing is that when her children are older they will get to see for themselves how brave their mum was.

Exactly. Kirsty you have every right to your own opinion and I respect you all the more for it.

I feel tremendously sad for Jade Goody !!

At the start of her illness I really hated her and felt annoyed that she was selling everything but now I feel that she has the right to do whatever the hell she wants to do.I do think she wants to get all the money she needs for Bobby and Freddie to get them through because shes a mother and wants her children to have the best.

I know how women die everyday from cancer but I think its different that Jade's dying because shes been in the public eye for so long .Its almost 7 years since she first appeared on BB3 and since then shes had 2 beautiful boys and we feel like we know her which is why its making headlines.So what if shes splashed across the papers, she was always in the papers and the press are interested in her theres nothing she can do.

I think her show "Jade" will be a great thing for her boys to watch in years to come, when shes long gone because its all about her story.

In my family cancer is always a big thing because its cropped up countless times in my family in the last 15 years.

My auntie died from throat cancer when she was just 37 .She was diagnosed and dead all in the space of 2 months.Then 9 weeks later my nan was diagnosed with breast cancer and died a couple of months later,followed by her husband 2 weeks later(non cancer related).

Then about 10 years ago my sister had cancer in her leg and the fight wasnt going her way but she beat it in the end.She is now happily married with 3 kids and a fourth on the way. :) but she realises how incredibly lucky she was to come through the other side alive and kicking.

My mother was then diagnosed in september '04 with stomach cancer which later developed into AML (Acute Myeloid Leukaemia) which she was told was not treatable and in april '05 was told she had about 3 weeks but my mother being my mother didnt let it get her and fought on and lasted a whole year , but she passed away on the 11th of april 2006.

I have met some incredible women who have fought cancer and sadly the vast vast vast majority of them died.It is very sad being in a cancer ward and being friends with a lot of the women and to come in one day to find that the woman you were having a laugh with a couple of days earlier is dead. These women have been an inspiration to me and a lot of others. Dont be fooled though that cancer wards are all doom and gloom because there not most of the time. I swear I actually had the time of my life getting to know all sorts of amazing women during my mothers illness and we used to have the most incredible banter ever be it between the patients , the staff or the visitors. On a friday night I would stay there in a pull out bed and everybody would ship in for a pizza and we would get a dominoes pizza and chippers.It was great, I was almost like part of the furniture and a lot of them told me that I brought a lot of light into there lives which meant more than I can tell you.

I do think that people who have been affected by cancer can understand and relate to Jade Goody's story like my mother left 6 year old twins behind just like Jade is leaving her 2 boys behind.It is incredibly sad to see children without their mother because at the end of the day every child needs their mother.Nobody else could ever match up to a childs mother.

Jade has intentionally wanted to have her situation publicised because as she said "she wanted people to become more aware" and she has achieved that because they are now trying to get the age lowered for smear tests and it was reported that smear tests have risen by a huge amount ever since her illness was diagnosed.

It sickens me when I hear people saying bad things like Jade . Like people who still hold the race row from CBB5 over her.Shilpa and Jade have made friends and to be honest its their business nobody elses.Jade has made mistakes but after all shes only human and we all make mistakes time and time again.

I think Jade is an incredibly brave and strong person and I dont think that people really understand her situation until they've been there themselves.

( Sorry for the huggeeee rant!! I just wanted to try get my opinion across even if I drifted wayyy off topic) :lol:

Archived