Jade Goody - Diagnosed With Cancer

Guest Cal

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I... don't know how I feel about a person announcing that she has cancer on a reality TV show. I hope they didn't air it, but that wouldn't account for live streaming. It feels... icky.

Not that it's any of my business. I just feel pretty cynical when it comes to this sort of thing.

I also have no idea who she is. Good luck to her anyway.

Sorry to drag up quite an old post - I just noticed this thread again - but she didn't exactly 'announce' it. They called her to the Diary Room to tell her, and then she obviously had to go back out and face her fellow housemates. She kinda did have to give a reason for her leaving, and so I guess that on a show like Big Brother, where nothing goes unheard, announcing it on live television was somewhat unavoidable.

I... don't know how I feel about a person announcing that she has cancer on a reality TV show. I hope they didn't air it, but that wouldn't account for live streaming. It feels... icky.

Not that it's any of my business. I just feel pretty cynical when it comes to this sort of thing.

Sorry to drag up quite an old post - I just noticed this thread again - but she didn't exactly 'announce' it. They called her to the Diary Room to tell her, and then she obviously had to go back out and face her fellow housemates. She kinda did have to give a reason for her leaving, and so I guess that on a show like Big Brother, where nothing goes unheard, announcing it on live television was somewhat unavoidable.

Yeah I've seen on youtube where she was told and she was very upset when she came from the Diary room so obviously she was going to tell them why she was leaving.

There is a lot of cynicism towards Jade and soem even say she deserves it. These people obviously dont know what its like to be in the same situation that Jade and her family are in right now.

Nobody deserves this .NOBODY

She may have made a fair few mistakes but she doesn't need to be frowned upon because of them.

SOURCE : Digitalspy

Jack Tweed has reportedly asked Jade Goody to be his wife after learning that the star has just months to live.

Doctors told the former Celebrity Big Brother contestant yesterday that her cancer is so far advanced that it has become terminal.

Tweed apparently popped the question at Goody's hospital bedside and spokesman Max Clifford said that the pair plan to marry as soon as possible.

According to PA, Clifford said: "She was informed yesterday that tragically, she's terminally ill. She was obviously devastated. It's a question now of when and not if."

I know it happens to people every day, but we've seen her in the spotlight for the last 7 years and it's about to come to an end. I hope she survives, I really do.

Some people need to look at this a different way. A few people I've asked said "She's a horrible woman. It's karma". It may be karma, I don't know, but that doesn't make it right. She's terminally ill, and she should be treated like a human being. She has made hundreds of mistakes over the years, some of which she can't be forgiven for, but nobody deserves cancer or any other disease.

When the time comes for Jade, it'll be very sad. I was shocked when Anna Nicole Smith died. I quite liked her. And I felt so sorry for her when her son died after she gave birth to her daughter. It was terribly tragic. And so is this.

A life altering moment like that though....I'm sure she could have stopped them airing it if she'd wanted to, or at least got an injunction taken out to stop it airing until she had left the house and decided how to deal with it. This isn't me saying she definitely used it as a form of publicity, or to gain sympathy or anything like that, because regardless of my opnions on those it's still a terrible thing for her to have to suffer, and nobody 'deserves' it. But I do imagine the broadcast could've been stopped.

Archived