Jade Goody - Diagnosed With Cancer

Guest Cal

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I would never want to watch someone going through a battle with cancer on national tv - and I don't know anyone that would - I understand why she's doing it. She's said that she is going to make as much money as she can while she's around to give her boys the best possible upbringing she can. I don't know the details but I've heard her childhood was pretty dreadful, her mother was on drugs most of the time, so I can see why she'd want to give her boys the best start in life. So I get it and I think it's a terrible thing for anyone to go through, especially so young, and my heart goes out to her whole family at this point. It's a thing I've experienced close to home and it's something I'd never wish on a single living soul.

I feel desperately sorry for Jack Tweedy. They're getting married as soon as possible. The poor guy must be in bits. Hopefully he can be a good dad to Freddy and Bobby when their mummy's gone.

That's really not his place - I'm assuming their real father will take over responsibility for them., and not a man who's just been released from prison for assault.

Oh, I thought that one was Jeff's and one was Jack's? :blink: In that case, then, of course their natural father should have them.

Jade Goody has refused to rule out allowing her death to be filmed for her reality TV show.

The former Big Brother contestant has been told that her cancer is terminal and she could have just eight weeks left to live.

A newspaper report last weekend claimed that the star "may die on reality television" after she indicated that she was likely to renew her deal with Living TV.

Speaking to the News Of The World, Goody confirmed: "I've lived my whole adult life talking about my life. The only difference is that I'm talking about my death now. It's OK.

"I've lived in front of the cameras. And maybe I'll die in front of them. And I know some people don't like what I'm doing but at this point I really don't care what other people think. Now, it's about what I want."

The 27-year-old added that she has continued to appear in the press throughout her illness because she wants to secure the future of her two sons, Bobby, five, and Freddie, four.

"When I first knew I had cancer I worked out a strategy," she explained. "I thought if I earn enough money while I'm sick there will be enough for them to go to private school until they are 18.

"I know people think I'm betraying my roots by sending them to a private school but I want them to have the very best chance in life they can have. And that's what my money is for. What's the point of everything I have if I can't do that for them?"

Goody was diagnosed with cervical cancer as she appeared on the Indian version of Big Brother in August last year. She recently announced that the illness had spread to her liver, bowel and groin.

"I've lived in front of the cameras. And maybe I'll die in front of them. And I know some people don't like what I'm doing but at this point I really don't care what other people think. Now, it's about what I want."

Very well said, and a very good point that is easy to forget when you hear the whole "Die on TV" concept at first.

I feel desperately sorry for Jack Tweedy. They're getting married as soon as possible. The poor guy must be in bits. Hopefully he can be a good dad to Freddy and Bobby when their mummy's gone.

That's really not his place - I'm assuming their real father will take over responsibility for them., and not a man who's just been released from prison for assault.

Oh, I thought that one was Jeff's and one was Jack's? :blink: In that case, then, of course their natural father should have them.

No, both Jeff's.

Plus, she must have known she was going to get cancer test results at some point, having most probably just being for a cancer test. Whilst it's sad for her though, this means nothing to me, oh Vienna.

That is very disrespectful and inconsiderate.It means nothing to you.

Have you experienced your mother dying at a very young age because that is exactly what will hppen to her 2 little boys.

Thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of people die every day, however, there's probably less than 20 people there whose death will actually mean anything to me. Some I'll never hear about, others I'll only about them after they die, others I'll know of, but like Jade, those in the bush fires or that plane that crashed, whilst it's obviously sad for those involved, it makes the minutest difference to my life.

Very well said, and a very good point that is easy to forget when you hear the whole "Die on TV" concept at first.

Maybe I'm being a bit moronic, but I think it's a bit too much. :unsure:

I think her journey with cancer which has been televised is noble. It can inspire more men and women to go out and get checked for cancer.

Oh, I agree with you, don't get me wrong, I can see that what I said wasn't really very well phrased. What I meant was that while I completely understand how the whole thing about her dying on TV is too much for many people, I can also understand her when she's saying that it's about what she wants now. Did that make sense? I think I should just shut up, I'm not able to phrase anything these days, which is extra concerning, considering I'm supposed to work tomorrow... As a journalist...

Anyway, I hope that made a little more sense :unsure:

Archived