Jade Goody - Diagnosed With Cancer

Guest Cal

Jade Goody is diagnosed with cancer

Reality television star Jade Goody has been diagnosed with cervical cancer, according to her spokesperson.

The 27-year-old mother-of-two was taking part in the Indian version of 'Big Brother' when the news was delivered to her.

According to The Sun, Goody was called to the diary room, where her consultant spoke to her from the UK by telephone.

The star then reportedly rushed back into the house in tears, saying: "I have cancer."

Goody was then withdrawn from the show in order to allow her to fly home for treatment.

Her spokesperson told the newspaper: "She went for tests and results have come back and she has cancer of the womb.

"She was phoned up and informed. This is a massive blow for her."

Goody's publicist Max Clifford told BBC Radio 1 that the star is "extremely upset and frightened and will be back as soon as they can get her on a plane".

He added: "The important thing is to get her back as soon as possible and get this treated.

"Obviously there were some problems - that's why she had tests. But she had no idea that would be the diagnosis - she was shocked."

Goody had reportedly undergone tests earlier this month after suffering a number of mystery collapses.

It is believed that she was taking part in the Indian show 'Bigg Boss' to make amends after being accused of bullying Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty on last year's 'Celebrity Big Brother'.

From Rté.ie [link]

That sucks :( I hope she makes a recovery. Cervical Cancer doesn't have the best success rate... :(

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What goes around...comes around. That is bad though. -_-

That comment is incredibly harsh. Nobody deserves to have cancer, hell, nobody deserves to have any kind of sickness or disease. <_<

This is terrible. :( I hope she makes a full recovery, but this is really upsetting :(

Whilst she's not on my list of favorite people, I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. I hope they've caught it early and she recovers - then goes on to live a quite life away from the public eye.

This does highlight the need for all women to keep up to date with smear tests etc!

I... don't know how I feel about a person announcing that she has cancer on a reality TV show. I hope they didn't air it, but that wouldn't account for live streaming. It feels... icky.

Not that it's any of my business. I just feel pretty cynical when it comes to this sort of thing.

I also have no idea who she is. Good luck to her anyway.

It is incredibly sad. I'm certainly not her biggest fan, but I'd never wished something like that on her. I just hope she battles through it.

Can't believe they told her in the house though. I'd have thought they'd have brought her out and respected her privacy with it. I just hope they don't air it.

I think its really sad, ok Jade has made a lot of stupid and terrible mistakes, but i also think she has had a lot to cope with in her life :( She must be incredibly scared right now, even just hearing the word puts the fear of god into you. I really hope Jade can overcome this battle and my heart goes out to her and her two little boys.

Whatever you think of her, the girl has had a lot of tough times in her life and I for one hope she comes through this ten times stronger. It's incredibly shocking and horrifying that a woman of 27 has to face something like this, especially when she has two small children. I wish her all the luck in the world.

Archived