Jade Goody - Diagnosed With Cancer

Guest Cal

Watched Jade's wedding on Living on thursday night and I am so happy she had a truly amazing day. :D

and the reception afterwards was really a night to remember. Her and Jack's first dance was relly nice , they danced to "dont wanna miss a thing" :(

The wedding itself was hilarious with the priest , she couldnt stop laughing at him . :lol:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last chapter in Jade Goody's life is coming to a quick end.

The dying British reality TV star, whose cervical cancer has spread to other parts of her body - including the brain, was visited by a priest on Sunday and is in a coma-like state, her publicist is saying.

Keeping the public informed on her health, like a morbid reality show, her rep says, "She is unconscious a lot of the time, almost in a coma-like state. She's heavily sedated, so she comes round for maybe a few minutes, sometimes just a few seconds and she goes again. She seems to be aware that [new husband[ Jack and [her mother] Jackiey are here."

Her rep says Goody's condition is "critical" and "It's just a matter of when."

Truly heartbreaking!

Goody has been unable to see her two young children since Wednesday, due to her weakened state.

"She was hoping to be well enough to see the boys but at the moment she is in a very bad state, she is very unwell," says her publicist.

Goody left London's Royal Marsden Hospital on Wednesday. Nurses onat her home have been able to control her crippling pain, but the painkillers appear to take their own toll. "The more sedated she is, the weaker she gets," adds the rep.

Our thoughts with Jade and her family.

Source

Jade Goody has reportedly made plans for her funeral to be televised.

The former Big Brother contestant has arranged for a large screen to be erected outside the church so that the service can be watched by fans.

Goody is said to have chosen an oak coffin from the Royal Windsor Forest and wants to be taken in a convoy of seven cars from her home to the St. John The Baptist Church in Buckhurst Hill, according to Metro.

The convoy will rumouredly include a Daimler used by the late Queen Mother, and a Rolls-Royce used by the Sultan of Brunei.

She has also chosen celebrity undertakers F. A. Albin & Sons from ITV1 documentary Don't Drop The Coffin and selected the hymn 'All Things Bright And Beautiful'.

According to The Sun, nurses have told husband Jack Tweed and mother Jackiey Budden that Goody "will probably not wake up" the next time she falls into a deep sleep.

"It's over. Jade barely has the strength to talk. She will occasionally weep, but is too frail now to even squeeze her mum’s hand," a source said.

"The nurses talk to her quietly and do what they can to control the pain. Her disease has been so cruel to her - and for everyone who loves her, we just want her suffering to stop."

I think its so weird how differently people would look a this sentence : "It's over. Jade barely has the strength to talk. She will occasionally weep, but is too frail now to even squeeze her mum’s hand

Like myself who actually held the hand as someone passed away from cancer found that a person in this state is so sickening. When somone is in that state they no longer have the ability to speak , have no coordination , cant see properly and cant walk or do anything.

My experience was just so sad to be honest.

They cant be given anything to drink or anything only pain relief. When my mother was in her last das she was so thirsty but we couldnt give her any drink because the nurses said that it would just go straight to her lungs. So all we could do was dip a piece of cotton wool in water and put it in her mouth fr her to suck on and the relief she got from sucking the cotton wool was so heartbreaking. My mother was in the state where she was just like a vegetable for almost 3 or 4 days . Another thing I remember vibidly is her breathing pattern and her heartbeat. She would breath so fast all the time and would try to talk but the only thing that would come out is mumbles. Towards the end her heartbeat was so fast that I would saying was beating at least hundreds of times a minute. Then as th tips of her fingers and her feet were ice cold at this point which was because her body was being drained of blood . You could feel the coldness moving slowly up her legs and her arms.

I wouldnt mind but her condition chnged sooo quickly it hit us like a train. One night she was all ok and happy talking to us and then the next day I dropped by the hospital with some spaghetti bolognese I had made in school for her but when I saw the state she was in it was shockhorror.

I imagine Jade will be in such a state very soon and to die from cancer is most definitely the worst way to die. That I can promise you.

My heart truly goes out to Jade's family and friends that they have to go through this awful awful horrifying time.

Most people wouldnt know what its like to see someone die from cancer and mught think that they just get very weak and pass on slowly but it just doesnt happen like that unfortunately. The whole body shuts down and the body almost crumbles.

Anyway I am thinking of you and all your family and friends Jade :(

Are you essentially saying that we should put an upper limit on how much wealth one person can have?

My point is essentially that her sole purpose for appearing in the media is to raise money for her children so that they can have a secure future. If that's her sole motivation for appearing on our screens, then it's entirely unnecessary because their futures are already secure with the amount of money they have.

Instead of these appearances, she should have taken the time to just spend it with her family realising that the children already had secure futures rather than attempting to bleed blood from a stone and exploit her illness for the sake of being greedy and manipulative.

Are you essentially saying that we should put an upper limit on how much wealth one person can have?

My point is essentially that her sole purpose for appearing in the media is to raise money for her children so that they can have a secure future. If that's her sole motivation for appearing on our screens, then it's entirely unnecessary because their futures are already secure with the amount of money they have.

Instead of these appearances, she should have taken the time to just spend it with her family realising that the children already had secure futures rather than attempting to bleed blood from a stone and exploit her illness for the sake of being greedy and manipulative.

:angry: People should give Jade a break. The woman is dying and doesnt need to be called greedy and manipulative.

So what if she wants money. Shes only human. What reason could she possibly want loads of money for only for her children because its not as if shes going to be around to enjoy it is she ?

and to be fair I doubt you even know Jade much , you are living on the other side of the world so how can you pass judgement .

People need to get over the fact that shes earning money off the back of her illness . I think people are only jealous anyway. She can do whatever she wants , its a free country and if people want to pay to interview her then they will and if people want to make a show about her then they will.

and I dont see how she is spending precious time away from her sons because she doesnt really. Its not as if she traves the seven seas to get an interview.

The 27-year-old last saw sons Bobby, five, and Freddie, four, at the weekend for what was supposed to be an early Mother's Day party.

However, her condition worsened further as she nears the end of her battle with cervical cancer and she has told relatives not to make her children go through the trauma of seeing her.

Instead a relative plans to take the handmade greeting cards to the Big Brother star at her home in Upshire, Essex.

A family friend told the Daily Mirror: "Jade has explained to them she is very sick and is going to live in heaven. They realise something is not right and want her to know how much she means to them."

Goody's husband Jack Tweed, 21, and mother Jackiey Budden, maintained a vigil at her bedside, however the torment appeared to be taking its toll on both of them.

Her 50-year-old mother broke down in tears and held her head in her hands in the garden and said: "The mood in the house is very sombre."

Goody, who is heavily sedated and sleeps for most of the time, has also requested that she be buried with some of her most treasured photographs of her family.

She has picked out a selection of pictures from her last holiday to Tenerife in January with her children, who are now being looked after by their father Jeff Brazier, 29.

She wants the images placed in her coffin when she is laid to rest in the churchyard of St John the Baptist in Buckhurst Hill, Essex.

The photos show the reality television star playing with her boys as they enjoy a cruise along the coast.

Goody, who was diagnosed with cervical cancer last summer, discharged herself from hospital last week so she could die at home.

She told her sons then: "Mummy's going to heaven soon. I'm going to be a star up in the sky, so when you are looking up you will be able to see me and know I'm there, always looking over you."

The magazine OK! was criticised for releasing a Jade Goody tribute edition even though she has not yet lost her fight against cancer.

The front cover of the issue carries the phrases "In Loving Memory" and "Jade Goody 1981-2009".

Source

I worry about her children. I mean, I know they're gonna be well looked after when she's gone, and stuff, and I know seeing your mother in the final stages of her life isn't a nice thing to see, but I don't know how they're gonna get any closure when she's actually dead. They last saw her at the weekend, and since she only obviously sees them when she's well enough, they probably think mummy's fairly well - the whole idea of her 'going to be with the angels soon' probably isn't a concept that holds much permanency with them - and then to be told that she's gone and they can never see her again is going to be an incredibly difficult thing for them to come to terms with at the ages of four and five. Really, though, I know that there's no easy answer because it would be horrendous for them to know the full horror of what she's going through, and so, rightly, they shouldn't be exposed to that. I just really hope they've got some good bereavement counsellors working with them. :(

I am still in shock about the fact that she is going to die soon, her sons must be in so much pain. I feel for them I really do.

I wouldnt actually think the sons are in much pain at all !!

I think they are more confused more than anything else.

Archived