Jade Goody - Diagnosed With Cancer

Guest Cal

I suppose its just that if someone dies near or on a national day of celebration, every year that celebration will be sadder for the bereaved while everyone else celebrates. I know at least two people who died right at Christmas and it ruined Christmas every year for their families, they couldn't bear to see everyone else celebrating while they were reminded of the death of their loved one.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen Fry said on his Twitter mini-blog that Goody was a "kind of Princess D from the wrong side of the tracks",

All I can say about people who put Jade on the 'People's Princess' pedestal is that they conveniently forget what the nation, spurred on, I'm sure, by the media, thought of her a few months ago. The same publications that were once howling for her blood now seem to be giving her a faster track to sainthood than the Pope could ever manage.

I'm extremely saddened that her children no longer have their mother, but at the same time I am glad that she is in peace now and the boys can finally try to move on from something that has been so intensely prolonged. Let's hope that they're okay with this Jack twat. Something tells me that Jade's fortune will be all gone by the time the boys turn 18...

All I can say about people who put Jade on the 'People's Princess' pedestal is that they conveniently forget what the nation, spurred on, I'm sure, by the media, thought of her a few months ago. The same publications that were once howling for her blood now seem to be giving her a faster track to sainthood than the Pope could ever manage.

Exactly. Before her diagnosis she was ripped to shreads by the tabloid media. Then she gets cancer and suddenly she's some kind of saint.

Calling her the new 'People's Princess' is insulting to Princess Diana and i find the whole thing quite disgusting. The newspapers after her death were shocking. 20 page tributes, front page headlines.

I'm in agreement with both Kirsty and Nathan.

I fail to see exactly what Jade's done to be hailed any kind of national sweetheart that has done anything more than every other person battling cancer has done. Fair enough, people sympathised and fair enough, regardless of what she's done in the past, it shouldn't be what you base your judgements on today, but to completely contradict what has previously been said about her is what's annoyed me more than anything. During the whole Shilpa Shetty/Jade/Jo/Danielle race row, the media ripped Jade to shreds, with messages coming in from the majority of the nation that comments on these things that she was *Insert pretty much every insult here*, some going to the extent that she should leave the country. The papers were more than happy to print stories that labelled her as "vile" "racist" "evil" etc....... These very same papers that are now going on about how loved she was, how popular she was and how sadly missed she'll be. Personally, I wont miss her. Sure, it was a horrible thing to go through, but given that I've never been a fan anyway - eve during the cancer battle - I can't particularly say I'll miss her. Does that mean I'm glad she's dead? NO. Does it mean Ithink she deserved it? NO. But it also doesn't alter what I always thought of her which was, TBH, I couldnt stand her.

Also, if one more person compares her Princess Diana in any way, I may scream. Diana was a much loved, treasured, gracious lady. One that did far more than Jade ever did - other than what she did selfishly to get her face in the media - perfumes, books, more TV shows than probably necessary. Before anyone says anything about her making the money for her children, I seem to recall her being everywhere doing not much but still making loads of money long before her children arrived.

The tribute pull out in one (or possibly more) of the newspapers today is an absolute joke. As for the funeral being televised..... WHY?! I get that she had SOME fans that'll want to feel like part of the day, but is it really necessary to have the nation peering on what should be a personal occasion that allows her family and friends to say goodbye? If people that didn't know her wish to pay their respects, they could easily do so without prying on an occasion that should really be for those close to her to say their goodbyes.

Somebody mentioned something the other day (Possibly yesterday) on another forum about whether they'll end up having a minute's silence next year when it marks the first anniversary of her death. I laughed it off at first, because I thought it was ridiculous. But I also laughed off the pssibilty of 20-odd page "tribute spread" and look what happened.....

I'm very sorry for all those close to her - particularly her beautiful boys - but I don't think we need to know every detail of their lives now. One of the newspapers has her children on the front page because they've gone back to school. Claiming how strong they are and how brave they are, like they actually care the way they claim to which - if they did - they'd have the decency to back off and stop sticking cameras in their faces just in the hope of getting a single snap of two young children grieving the loss of their mother.

Never heard of her before so I have no idea what's the deal with Princess Diana?? besides it's been 11 years since she died so let move on from that unless prince william and Harry are members on here?

No, the point is that Jade Goody (she was a contestant on Series 3 of the British Big Brother [and didn't portray herself as the sharpest pencil in the world when she asked if East Angular [sic] was abroad, and if Rio de Janeiro was a person], became a huge star in the media and then went back into Celebrity Big Brother a couple of years ago and caused a huge storm when she was accused, along with two other Z list celebrities, of being racially absuive towards Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty) has been compared by the media to Princess Diana - ie they're portraying her as this amazing woman who has done amazing things (granted, she's probably brought about a change in the law on cervical cancer screening in the UK) and whose life was tragically cut short, when in reality the media were happy to rip her to shreds and brand her as being every horrible thing under the sun when it suited them. :rolleyes:

I saw an advert on TV the other day over here in the UK for a magazine and it said a special tribute for our favourite reality TV star. What the hell? Since when is she everyones favourite reality star. I thought quite a lot of people hated her before the cancer stuff. It is sad she died but its ridiculous she got all this attention.

I saw an advert on TV the other day over here in the UK for a magazine and it said a special tribute for our favourite reality TV star. What the hell? Since when is she everyones favourite reality star. I thought quite a lot of people hated her before the cancer stuff. It is sad she died but its ridiculous she got all this attention.

I'm sad about the fact she got cancer because no one deserves it, and I'm sad she is leaving two boys behind, but it seriously annoys me when people pretend they always loved her just because she got cancer.

I never liked her, I'll admit that and people are pretending that they loved because she got a terminal disease

• 11 months later...

Archived