Aden/Nicole

Whether we like it or not, Aden will have to move on one day. If he starts a relationship with Nicole that's great. At least it would be with someone he has a connection with rather than someother.

I pretty much agree with all of that. It's enivitable that he's going to move on so I'd rather that it's with someone he's always had a connection with. Sparks pretty much flew the moment I saw these two on screen together so it's no shock to me.

I did like their brother/sister relationship but they've ruined that a couple of times now.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Aden will have to move on one day just not in three months. Give Aden and the fans time to greive! If Naden had happened further down the track after an appropriate amount of greiving time then I would be happy for Aden.... and wouldn't be so against them. The fact they have happened so soon is the reason I am anti-Naden.

Does anyone feel the same way? Or are the people who are agaisnt Naden totally rule out them all together regardless of time period?

As a former Adelle fan I do feel that three months is a very short time to grieve, but this is soap land. I think the whole point of making Aden move on quickly is to keep viewers watching. Waiting for a much longer period will bore the viewer silly. Bring on Naden.

• 2 weeks later...

I am an Adelle fan and I get increasingly annoyed when I read in people's signatures that I cant possibly be an Adelle fan because I like Naden. Who are they to say that all the times I laughed at Aden's stupidness or cried at Belle's scenes to say that I am not a good devoted fan because of it. Naden are happening because of their connection and if Belle is for it then who are we to stop it from happening. To put it as nicely as I can; Naden are going to happen so stop being bitter about it and just enjoy the last few months that we have of Aden before he leaves. If I have offended someone then I apologise but I felt it needed to be said. And for the record; I love Adelle but I like Naden; there's a difference.

Read through the last couple of pages and ironically I agree with everyone up to a point, even ones that disagree with each other.I do think that Aden getting together with Nicole after three months is a bit quick and

I like to think that if Todd wasn't leaving they'd wait longer

.But we've been waiting 18 months for this so I'm not going to complain.I haven't seen the last 3 weeks yet but I suspect that

the letter

is a plot device to get Adelle fans to accept Aden and Nicole. But the way Belle felt at the end of her life, she would want them to be happy, not say "Don't go anywhere near another woman for 3 months/6 months/a year/until you're 30, then you can be happy."

I never really bought into the "Aden and Belle as soul mates" idea and I don't think she made him the person she was:With regards his recovery, their relationship was a double-edged sword, she gave him a reason to get better but also distracted him from doing so, he thought his counselling was all about being able to sleep with her so never dealt with his real problems and ended up trying to kill his father. And I think the fact he wanted to marry her actually shows how inexperienced and immature he was about relationships and if Belle hadn't been dying she'd have either told him to ask her again when they were more settled or said yes but insisted on a long engagement.But I do agree that, because of the way things ended up, Aden will always view Belle as the love of his life and believe, rightly or wrongly, that they'd still be together if she'd lived.

So, my view of the lengthy Aden/Nicole love story and feel free to consider it poppycock, I'll probably do the same myself in a couple of days:They had feelings for each other when they first met.(I think it went beyond simple attraction:Witness his jealousy over her attraction to Geoff and barely concealed disappointment when she wanted to go back to Natalie and the scene on the wharf where she practically declares her love to him.)But Aden didn't know what to do about it so he put those feelings to one side.Then he was drawn to Belle and because of the situation he ended up with her.But I don't think his feelings for Nicole ever went away.(If you want to stretch the point, you could argue he was in love with Nicole when they slept together, even though he was still in love with Belle as well, but wasn't willing to admit it, even to himself.)And once Belle was gone, those feelings became a lot harder to ignore.

As for Nicole, I think she accepted that Aden had chosen Belle and considered him off limits.Not quite sure where Geoff fits in, whether he was her second choice or someone like Belle who caused her to forget about Aden for a while.Either way, once that was over she had the fling with Aden.It's interesting that immediately after they first slept together she encouraged him to go and see Belle, almost as though she was checking if the rules had changed or not.After Aden continued to distance himself from Belle and instead slept with Nicole again, she seemed to want a relationship with him only for him to ultimately reject her.And everything that's happened with Trey and Sid and Liam since then has happened when(because?)things were so bad between her and Aden she didn't even have him as a friend.

I agree the writers seem to have missed a trick when it comes to showing Aden supporting Nicole.I don't know if we're supposed to believe it happened off screen or not but I wish they'd done more.(Don't know if it was a question of actor availability but the fact Aden was there when Trey played the sex tape and was seemingly the only person in town who didn't go to the house next episode to check Nicole was okay really did make it seem he didn't care if she was upset.)It's why part of me's glad that he's taken such an interest in her and Liam, even if it does seem like another example of Aden getting annoyed because the girl he likes is dating a guy he doesn't.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and holding out hope that, unlikely as it may seem, these two get a happy ending.

When you say that Aden had loved Nicole all along and you've been waiting 18 months or whatever, it sounds like Aden had loved Nicole all along and was just waiting for Belle to get out of the picture (not that I see it that way). Aden has always cared for Nicole but not in a sexual way. Yes when he first layed eyes on her, he went gag-gag because back then he didn't have much self-respect and young guys would always drool over a hot girl they spot. Aden wanted Nicole, but it wasn't because he was in love. I believe it was only lust. I really believe that Aden and Nicole's sister/brother relationship was so beauitful in the show, but it got ruined so many times. It's funny isn't it, most young teens have hooked up with each other, bed swapping whatever, but did we see a fling with Geoff and Belle? No I think they remained strong and stay in brother/sister type relationship.

IMHO Aden has grown to love Nicole a long time a go. At first he liked her because she was so spunky and hot. They were clearly attracted to each other physically, but there was more. Both were pretty broken at that time, and that connected them too. Their bond and relationship was never actually platonic completely, nor brotherly-sisterly bond. there was too much attraction for that.

Then Aden and Belle happened. He fell in love with Belle, but he never stopped caringl for/loving Nicole either. They were always in each other's orbits, and sharing the same life experiences together made the bond stronger. This does not mean, that they were waiting for Belle to disappear. It just meant, that they were never going to be out of each others lives, and needed each other. Even Belle knew this.

The only slight problem I personally have with Aden-Nicole relationship, is how much Aden relied on Nicole, and how much he took her for granted during Belle's illness, and after her death. I was totally disgusted at the way everyone treated Nicole before the wedding, and when Nicole refused to attend it if Belle didn't tell the truth about her illness. But the way Aden acted during Liam-Nicole re3lationship kind of made up for that.

I am personally looking forward of what will come between these two, personally I've been waiting for a long time for Aden and Nicole to get togeter.

It's funny isn't it, most young teens have hooked up with each other, bed swapping whatever, but did we see a fling with Geoff and Belle? No I think they remained strong and stay in brother/sister type relationship.

I don't think Geoff/Belle and Nicole/Aden are the same thing when it comes to brother/sister relationships. To be honest Geoff never really had much to do with Belle, not like Aden had with Nicole, I barely ever saw Belle and Geoff interact maybe a few times but that was it. Nicole and Aden helped each other through some hard times I guess and formed a special bond.

When you say that Aden had loved Nicole all along and you've been waiting 18 months or whatever, it sounds like Aden had loved Nicole all along and was just waiting for Belle to get out of the picture (not that I see it that way). Aden has always cared for Nicole but not in a sexual way. Yes when he first layed eyes on her, he went gag-gag because back then he didn't have much self-respect and young guys would always drool over a hot girl they spot. Aden wanted Nicole, but it wasn't because he was in love. I believe it was only lust. I really believe that Aden and Nicole's sister/brother relationship was so beauitful in the show, but it got ruined so many times.

I think what mokhashin says above sums up my thought on the matter.Aden definitely wasn't waiting for Belle to get out of the picture, he wanted to be with her.As I think I said but I might not have made it clear enough, I think he loved them both but he chose Belle.If she hadn't been around, I think he and Nicole would have got together and been just as happy(um, actually, maybe that's not the right way to put it but you know what I mean).I think when he was with Belle, he put his feelings for Nicole aside and perhaps wasn't even consciously aware of them.I think what he felt for Nicole when they first met, or at least over the next few weeks before he and Belle got together, was something between love and lust, a kind of attraction coupled with a strong bond on a personal level, and that bond only grew deeper with time.

The thing that makes me jump for joy is when I keep telling myself that...

Nicole and Aden aren't going to last... I mean with Todd leaving and no mention of Tessa leaving and the sighting of the same girl aden slept with within a week of Belle's death filming pregnant

....... it makes me so happy.....

Nicole and Aden were never love, its was always lust and Aden being your typical bad boy lusted after a girl he couldn't have... and do you really think with Belle looming over them and the fact that in my opinion Nicole will sleep with anything that wants her make them believe its love.

Nope... I'm clinging to the fact that they break up sooner over later!

Edited by -Karen-
Spoiler tags added