Aden/Nicole

I think you misinterpreted what I meant by provoking - it isn't a writers job to always provoke satisfaction in an audience. If they always gave the viewers what they wanted it was be an extremely dull show, which is why I used the Torchwood example - they killed off a character which provoked some loyal fans to create a memorial outside the BBC Wales TV studios. Not everyone liked it but you could guarantee it got people talking, and it got people reacting to what they'd seen. And in a show like Home and Away, it is impossible to please everybody all of the time.

I think the best example of this was the extremely controversial killing off of Danielle Jones in Eastenders after months and months of not telling Ronnie that she was her daughter then when Ronnie got what shes wanted for almost 20 years it was cruelly ripped away from her. This storyline had such a huge massive following wanting a happy ever after but the writers decided the best way and we need to trust their judgement!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I officially hate them together. After watching the past few episodes in Ireland they are unbearable together. Nicole is one of the most irritating bints that has ever been in the show, and she brings out the absolute worst in Aden, he acts like nothing but a jerk where she is concerned. She got flowers Roman and kept saying how much she misses him, and I just wanted to scream at the screen - "then go be with him!". And to think I thought Adelle were bad! Naden are insufferable. I'm actually looking forward to Aden's departure just so we can see the end of this unholy alliance. Such a shame, considering how much I used to love Aden.

^^Guys...are we watching the same show?Face it, Aden's a jerk.Always has been, always will be.He wasn't just a jerk with Nicole in those episodes, he was a jerk with Liam, he was a jerk with Poppie, he was a jerk with Caitie.Saying Nicole has made him a jerk is just ridiculous.He acted exactly the same when Belle was with Liam.He'd be a jerk if he was with her, he'd be a jerk if he was with someone else, he'd be a jerk if he was single(which...he is, by the way).DinerLandlord, I seriously don't understand what you mean when you say Nicole should be with Roman:Do you expect her to knock on the door of a men's prison and ask if they've got any spare cells?Okay, maybe it was slightly insensitive of her to ask Aden to dance with at school formal that he'd gone to of his own free will, with someone else, having practically begged her to come along and keep him company...actually, no, it wasn't insensitive at all.Maybe she's been a bit flirty around him lately but no more than he's been around her.It would have been fine if he hadn't realised he had feelings for her and got an attack of the guilts.She tried to check on him as a friend, he told her to get lost and she did.

On the other hand, when they've been getting on well after the last few episodes, I have actually liked Aden, which doesn't happen very often.When he manages to get over himself, he's actually relaxed and happy, more than he was with Belle in my opinion, which just reinforces my feeling that these two should have had a lot more scenes together over the last year and a half.Everyone brings out the worst in Aden.There aren't many people who bring out the best as well and I think Nicole's one of them.

I feel that sometimes you are watching an another show RR1. <_< But its funny how different we can view just a simple soap :wink:

I have to agree with Diner Landlord. I think that Aden&Belle was not good at all, but Aden and Nicole are just horrible. And (in danger to repeat myself) I think that he is just an another person when he is with Nicole. I wish that the writers could have let him be single until he leaves. Just because I think it would have been good if they were focusing on his character again, and not with this on-and-off nonsense with Nicole (or somebody else). I actually think that Nicole should have left with Roman. He didn't get the departure he deserved (and his caracter had a lot of potential but the writers wouldn't see it...) After Romans departure Nicole has been totally destroyed as a character and I don't understand how they can keep her in the show... She could have left to live some place closer to the prison so she could visit him more!

^^Guys...are we watching the same show?Face it, Aden's a jerk.Always has been, always will be.He wasn't just a jerk with Nicole in those episodes, he was a jerk with Liam, he was a jerk with Poppie, he was a jerk with Caitie.Saying Nicole has made him a jerk is just ridiculous.He acted exactly the same when Belle was with Liam.He'd be a jerk if he was with her, he'd be a jerk if he was with someone else, he'd be a jerk if he was single(which...he is, by the way).DinerLandlord, I seriously don't understand what you mean when you say Nicole should be with Roman:Do you expect her to knock on the door of a men's prison and ask if they've got any spare cells?Okay, maybe it was slightly insensitive of her to ask Aden to dance with at school formal that he'd gone to of his own free will, with someone else, having practically begged her to come along and keep him company...actually, no, it wasn't insensitive at all.Maybe she's been a bit flirty around him lately but no more than he's been around her.It would have been fine if he hadn't realised he had feelings for her and got an attack of the guilts.She tried to check on him as a friend, he told her to get lost and she did.

On the other hand, when they've been getting on well after the last few episodes, I have actually liked Aden, which doesn't happen very often.When he manages to get over himself, he's actually relaxed and happy, more than he was with Belle in my opinion, which just reinforces my feeling that these two should have had a lot more scenes together over the last year and a half.Everyone brings out the worst in Aden.There aren't many people who bring out the best as well and I think Nicole's one of them.

I know Aden is a jerk, but that is his worst side, and my point is that all this Nicole stuff is bringing it out in him. Well, ok, technically his homicidal side is his worst side, and only his father brings that out, but even that would be more interesting to watch than him being a knob to Liam, and all over NICOLE! She isn't worth either of their time!

What I mean by Nicole going to be with Roman is I want her to leave Summer Bay, leave the show, and never come back. I don't really care exactly where she goes, I just want her gone because I cannot stand her. I'll just console myself with the thought that the actress' initial contract will come to an end next year, and hopefully she won't choose to renew it.

I feel that sometimes you are watching an another show RR1. <_< But its funny how different we can view just a simple soap :wink:

I think I'm watching the same show as Red ranger is :P

From Adens first proper stint (2007 onwards) he has been nothing but a jerk to be brutally honest. He treated absolutely everybpdy with sheer disrespect and when I think of Aden the words that come to mind is bully and hypocrite. He bullied Geoff endlessly , he made Irene grovel just so he wouldn't sue her , he got Tam drunk and tried it on with her (something that I found completely strange seeing as suddenly in 2008 he couldn't handle any sexual contact with anyone) , he treated Morag like crap when she tried to help him, not forgetting his disgusting treatment of Cassie after her HIV diagnosis and the list just goes on.

Fair enough Belle may have made him a tiny bit less of a jerk but the truth is he hasn't changed much. To say that Nicole has changed his character is complete nonsense. I actually can't believe people are accusing Nicole of not being sensitive enough at the formal. She wanted to dance , he wanted to dance , its not her fault at all. How was she supposed to know he would freak out about Belle because they danced together the year before. What happens when he remembers everything else that he and Belle did , oh I know maybe he should write Nicole a list of all the things that they shouldn't do because it reminds him of Belle ie kiss,dance,hug,get married,play in the sea,lie down together.

He treats Liam as if he has just come down from the heavens himself and he is whiter than white. But the truth is he is far from it and most of the things he accuses Liam of he hasn't got a leg to stand on. Maybe he resents Liam because he was there for Belle during her drug addiction , and when Liam began to get closer to Nicole maybe Aden saw it as Liam trying to take another of his friends/girlfriends away from him and couldn't handle it. Also Aden isn't a stranger to second chances , as a matter of fact hes got a couple of them in his short time on the show but he can easily deny Liam of one because obviously Aden is just a model citizen of course and can do no wrong.

I couldn't agree more with you RR when you say how much more likeable Aden is when hes been laid back and comfortable at the end of the 2009 season but by no means does the sun shine out of Aden's rear end like some people seem to think , one word to describe Aden - Overrated.

I know Aden is a jerk, but that is his worst side, and my point is that all this Nicole stuff is bringing it out in him. Well, ok, technically his homicidal side is his worst side, and only his father brings that out, but even that would be more interesting to watch than him being a knob to Liam, and all over NICOLE! She isn't worth either of their time!

What I mean by Nicole going to be with Roman is I want her to leave Summer Bay, leave the show, and never come back. I don't really care exactly where she goes, I just want her gone because I cannot stand her. I'll just console myself with the thought that the actress' initial contract will come to an end next year, and hopefully she won't choose to renew it.

Dont worry I read somewhere that Tessa was doing movies so there's a very good chance she wont renew it.

Edited by john003au
SPAG

I think DinerLandLord said everything absolutely perfectly....

and thats exactly how I feel down to a T... seriously.... since Romans departure Nicole's character has gone down hill... I used to be ok with her... now I can stand her or to even look at the face!

Am still hoping for that piano!

I like the character of Nicole. I think that she has actually been very consistently written over the years. That's not to say that I would like the "person" Nicole if I ever met her probably I wouldn't. She has many characteristics that I wouldn't find appealing in a friend or acquaintance.

However as I said I like the character and think she adds something to the mix of characters that make up the show.